News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Electrical Clean Up and small upgrade

Started by Vancouvertechie, December 04, 2012, 03:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouvertechie

Greetings,

Since I am motorless at the time.  I decided to replace my distribution pane and fuse block.  I was able to find the Blue Seas Fuse Block at Hodges marine for 40.86 and West Marine priced matched it.  I also picked up West Marine's distribution panel and a bus bar.  They only had one stock at the time.  I will need to get two more. 

I picked up some 8 AWG combo cable from Fisherman's for .99 a foot for both ground and positive wires wrapped in a white protective housing.  Also picked up a couple of lugs for 34.00 out the door. 

It was too much money, but I am very happy with the results. 

VT

2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)
1992 Zodiac Hurricane Honda 135HP
1987 44' Tollycraft Motoryacht

redbaronace

Nice Work.  Im always curious as to how much time it took to do this procedure.

While my electrical wiring is updated almost everywhere, the job you did is the last remaining thing to do.  Got a great person able to do the work, but just trying to get an idea of difficulty and time required.

amazing grace

Looks great. Nicely done. I could use some similar upgrades. John, whats up with your motor delimma :shrug9:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Jeff

I like the layout, very nicely done.  What do you have in mind for the two upper cutouts?  Is the 2nd battery located on the port side?
1989 Sea Sprinter
2005 Yamaha 60hp  ***Sold***

1989 Sea Chaser
2013 Honda 90hp *** 2020 Yamaha 9.9

Vancouvertechie

I am currently in the process of repowering the Arima.  I hope to have either new Suzuki's or Yamaha's by February.  Just waiting to see if there will be any sales on last year's models. 

The two cutouts were for the Honda gauges that went to the buyer of the outboard.  I don't have two batteries at this time, but as soon as I can find some Optima's on sale I will mount the batteries up front. 

This clean up was pretty straight forward.  After jotting the schematics down in my head it pretty much took a few hours to clean up the wire.  I can't believe that it is only a 14 AWG or 16 AWG that runs from the battery in back to the fuse block. 

My lights look brighter now, but that could be just my imagination. 

The gas tank and bilge are next on the list.  Along with getting two more bus bars, and a battery box. 

Maybe even buying the 27 gallon tank. 

VT

woody

John

Just in case you need help filling in your spare time and no one else has volunteered, you can jaunt across the river and do one of your rewiring jobs on my boat.  Heck I'll even take the kids out for banana splits while you working so we won't be in your way. Shari's does a nice banana split and great sundaes.

Woody

redbaronace

Quote from: woody on December 05, 2012, 07:26:13 AM
John

Just in case you need help filling in your spare time and no one else has volunteered, you can jaunt across the river and do one of your rewiring jobs on my boat.  Heck I'll even take the kids out for banana splits while you working so we won't be in your way. Shari's does a nice banana split and great sundaes.

Woody

Hey Woody, VT is a Washington State Arima owner and his valuable time should not be diluted by assisting the Oregon folks.

Having said that.......  John, Just in case you need help filling in your spare time I am volunteering my boat for one of your rewiring jobs.....:)

StreamFixer

Red

Perhaps you might like a little Brie with that whine???    :jester:

VT is one of the RATS because of his geographical location and the RAT standards are such that he would not be excluded......   :hoboy:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

finfinn

Russ - is it possible that you are confused? :hoboy: I mean RAT standards? Help me undarstand :shrug9:. The RATs are definitely resourceful folk, but standards? Somehow that concept sounds like it would be up there with jumbo shrimp and military intelligence, an oxymoron. Which - as anybody can tell - is spanish for a bull and a moron :jester:
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

xplorz

Quote from: StreamFixer on December 05, 2012, 02:55:46 PM
VT is one of the RATS because of his geographical location and the RAT standards are such that he would not be excluded......   :hoboy:

StreamFixer

VT is in the optimum location where he can be both "home state" and a "rat". Not to be confused with "going both ways".  :shrug9: :smile1:
'89 Arima Sea Chaser 17, 98 Honda horses.

StreamFixer

Finn

I just wanted to be clear that VT meets what standards may exist, regardless of how low.....   :wink:

StreamFixer

P.S.  Aren't you glad you posted VT???  It's always good to know your are appreciated and loved   :bowdown:
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

woody

One, and not the only, rule is if PDX is the airport you most consistently use 'you a rat.  If it's SeaTac, 'you a home boy.

Other rules will be made available on a need to know basis.  i.e. if we don't want you to know, we won't make it available.  VT is a PDX Rat.

Woody

Threeweight

The "Homeboys" term was invented to throw people off from the Seattle area guy's real secret society...

Rumor has it they meet every Tuesday at noon for tea and crumpets.  Wedocq bakes some mean crumpets, and FinFinn always brings the good china.

As to VT's geographic disposition... you know, at last year's Neah Bay gathering he was also skunked at halibut, so he may indeed belong to that nefarious Seattle Ladybug club...
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

xplorz

We don't need no PDX, we got Pearson Field Airpark, baby!  :jester:
'89 Arima Sea Chaser 17, 98 Honda horses.

finfinn

Got to love this board, the love and harmony we are sharing :clap:. VT - whatever the PDX crowd is saying about your butt fishing skills, you will always have place among the Homeboys. And to be fair, we all are Arimaniacs, in spite of how we view folks in far away places like Whidbey Island.
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

StreamFixer

Finn

It is true you were the posterboy for the LadysBugs poster  :shrug9:  No wonder they can't shake that moniker    :whistle:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

GregE

Back on track we go....

Nicely done VT,    :applause: I do appreciate clean wiring.  that area behind your instrument panel sure looks empty though. 
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

GoodDays

Looks Good VT !!  and great to see you back up and posting !!  Hope things are going well.......

and boys.....lets NOt Forget where the TRUE Promised Land is ......  you guys are fighting over seats in steerage !!!

GoodDays Greg
An Arima Owner in the Salmon Capital of the World !!

StreamFixer

All Done:  The Baghwan has spoken   :bowdown: :bowdown:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Vancouvertechie

Thank you, I think.  It is hard to fathom being either a PDX Rat or a Seattlelite.  BUT my heart and love will always be Seattle/Bellevue.  I can recall my first year at UW in 1990.  We had a huge snow storm that year, and the Huskies won the Rose Bowl and ended up National Champions. 

How can I argue with Washington.  We have Boeing, Microsoft, UPS, Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, and AT&T.  I guess I can even throw in Big Blue, and my days with IBM in Olympia and Seattle.  From the Puget Sound to Mount Rainer to Lake Chelan, Washington will always be my home. 

I will never forget the days fishing with my father at Pt. Defiance, Pt. Delco, Fox Island and the south sound.  Jigging for lingcod around the Narrows bridge.  Taking my little 8' foot Olympian with my 5 HP Eska outboard out on Dewatto Bay crabbing when I was 12.  I fell in love with the Hood Canal.  During the summer there is no better place to be than the Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands.  It is magical and full of life. 

How about I am proud to be an American that pays sales tax, excise tax, state income tax, B&O tax, property tax, Federal Income tax and I think....  some other tax.   Unlike Portland that tends to think locally, I would like to think Globally and prosper. 

Not that I think Portland is bad its that I think Seattle and Washington is more economically diverse.  To me that is most important during the most difficult of times. 

Oh yeah, Go DAWGS!

CanvasGuy

Yeah...GO HOMEBOY...GO...Right on VT,John.
Don't let them Rats try to drag you down..into Oregon.. :yeahthat:
cause you belong up in The Homeland..
with us Arima Maniac's with Seasport Tendencies :biggrin:

CGBE,Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

BigMac

VT,

After that great WA pep talk, I'm even more glad to be on the north side of the "crick".

My 22's wiring looks like a bird's nest.  I'm close by.  When can I pick you up?

(Dave)

woody

You know you guys are going to have to back off.  I had first dibs on VT, so you Rats, Lady Bugs, Snails or Home boys, a little respect would be appreciated.

Woody

Hydro-Therapy

Woody why does the name Rodney Dangerfield come to mind???
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

woody