News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Pumps Install

Started by StreamFixer, November 28, 2012, 01:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishing eagle

Russ if you remove that deck panel in front of your fuel tank on a SR19, please let us all know how you did it. Was it possible to do without removing the starboard panels between the fule tank removable panel and the starboard & port sections? I looked into removing that deck section on my SR 19 and it appeared I had to remove the starboard panels that were all bolted in to the transom area.

Plus if & when you remove that deck plate, some photos of the area below would be greatly appreciated. It just may be the perfect place to install a second bilge pump and/or a transducer.

Us Sea Ranger owners are very very curious. I just may have another project in mind.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

StreamFixer

I don't know if that panel exists on a SR.  I am working with a SC. 

I can remove that section by pulling the panel in front of the fuel tank (no screws involved) and removing the lower two screws on each of the side panels.  Then the 7 (I think) screws that hold the deck panel in place.  Let the side panels swing out enough to remove the deck panel (it is tight) and there you go. 

That area would be an excellent place to add a bilge pump, transducer, etc.  As noted herein that is where I plan to install my two auxiliary pumps (wash down and Bait well).  All that is there is an extension of the false deck the fuel tank sits on.  I have not found any stiffeners or other structural elements in that area, however, I would advise each to check as there may be differences between boats.  Since this is out of sight, I doubt changes would be noted.  The easiest way to check is through the existing bilge pump access in the rear of the fish box.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

woody

Enough room for a thru the hull transducer?

Woody

StreamFixer

Looks like it, however, I do not have dimensions for one and have not taken the deck plate out for this project yet.

Are they bigger than a bilge pump?

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

fishing eagle

Russ the panel does exist on the Sea Ranger or at least does on mine. I never tried to remove the deck plate because I didn't think that just removing the screws on  the side plates would give me enough room to pull out the deck section. But now that you are making the attempt... it is time for photos!

Come on one of us have to be the test subject and its a little nicer weather where you reside. I get cold quickly so you go first... please.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

StreamFixer

I have removed the plate as I described several times over the past 9 months.  Mostly to deal with bilge wiring.  I'll not likely be removing for the work discussed in this thread until after Christmas.

The reason is, my wife and kids always give me the dickens for being to hard to shop for: ' You always just go out an buy what you want instead of letting us get it for you.'

So I am giving them the chance to get the stuff for my stocking (my hints were VERY specific as in 'get this, here for that price'.  NO ties or stockings for me this year.

Now I will patiently wait to see what did not show up, get that stuff ordered, delivered and then begin the fun part.   But, the good news is, only 25 days until I can get started.   :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

fishing eagle

I don't know Russ.... do you really think you been good this past year? Santa watches!

StreamFixer

FE

I just need a pump that will run on coal and I'll be set for years to come.   :wink:  Besides, my regular watch is running fine   :whistle:

StreamFixer

24 days (if I were counting)   :hoboy:
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade