News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

1st BM of the Season!

Started by Salmon King, November 10, 2012, 08:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salmon King

Had an awesome day on the water...and I almost stayed home to because I caught a damn cold!

Water was smooth as glass on the way out (like 9:30 or so). Went all the way to Whidisle before we dropped pots and started our 1st troll. I started with a GreenGlow Hootchie and Q-cove flasher setup on 1 rod on the carpet.  
On the other rod I ran a 4" White Pearl J-plug 1/2-way down.  That J-plug has ALWAYS been lucky for me...but not today.  Marked loads of bait at all depths and figured the fish were bound to be there.

After trolling for a while there was nothing happening, so...silly me I thought bait might work and put on a helmuted herring (even juiced it up with some herring scent)...NOPE!...as usual they did not want my offerings.
After some more radio chatter with a friend in another boat (of course he found the "secret formula) I found that what was working I did not have. Time to improvise...
  Switched up to a 3.5" Coyote in a Irish Cream pattern with a double glow mini-hootchie on it. On the other I put on a Red Racer 4" Apex behind a Green Splatterback Flasher. Ended up putting 1 in the boat 23 1/2". Not big but...It broke the ice!

Here's my fishing partner with the proof....(I gave the fish to him).  

We added a couple of nice crab for my table and headed in.

He thinks I really am the "Salmon King" because twice now he's been out with me and he took the fish home both times...what's wrong with that picture?

S.K.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

SRanger

Thxs for the report SK.  Nice bright sunny one today...still frosty here near the big city at 9am this morning.  Read some positive reports  on the Everett derby and the Grady White Invitational a couple weeks ago.  But you are the first of the season here on the ABOG!  And a photo to prove it:)

SR
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)