News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Signature Line Lengths

Started by Danno, March 02, 2011, 08:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno

Hey Folks,

I sent out PM's asking CanvasGuy and Croaker to tidy up their signature lines and now I realize I should have discussed this with the family before sending out requests. Mark and Gary, you can change your signature lines back to the way they were. The horse is out of the barn as there are plenty of others with long signature lines.

I think that the look of this forum helps attract or repel members and if signature lines get out of hand, the posts look more like signature lines than like posts. We are fortunate with this software that our Avatars are in the same line as the post so they don't take up much space plus their size is limited by the Admin seetings. Check out BloodyDecks.com sometime and you'll see what I mean about the posts being overshadowed by Avatars, signatures and Facebook icons. I just think it's a more interesting site if your post is the primary thing readers see and not the auxilary stuff.

No one has a killer long signature file yet but that will eventually happen. How long is too long? There are Admin settings to limit the size and whether pcitures are allowed and their size. I really like see the details on your Arima boat and it's specifics. That's awesome! What are your thoughts?

-Danno

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

croaker stroker

I agree with your idea of keeping the pictures out of the signature lines and I took mine off.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

wedocq

Very good point Danno! So does this mean I can't have 5 half naked girls as part of my signature like BD's?  :whistle:
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

StreamFixer

WEDOCQ

You may have as many half naked girl pictures as your wife will allow in the house  ---   for the photo shoot  ---  while she is there. :whistle:  I recommend you offer her the opportunity to pose first   :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

ak-angler

Quote from: Danno on March 02, 2011, 08:09:16 AM
No one has a killer long signature file yet but that will eventually happen. How long is too long? There are Admin settings to limit the size and whether pcitures are allowed and their size. I really like see the details on your Arima boat and it's specifics. That's awesome! What are your thoughts?

-Danno
You just requested that I remove the tiny 120x160 picture that I had put in my signature (which I promptly did, of course). But if site policy is that sig-pics aren't allowed, why not just turn that feature off?
1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A - Sold

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's

croaker stroker

You could remove your Lenco Tabs, and Baystar steering and send them to me ? That way your sig. line willl be smaller.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Danno

Quote from: ak-angler on September 29, 2011, 09:16:54 AM
You just requested that I remove the tiny 120x160 picture that I had put in my signature (which I promptly did, of course). But if site policy is that sig-pics aren't allowed, why not just turn that feature off?

Thanks AK-Angler.

I looked for a setting about signatures and did not find it. I'll have to look again.

-Danno

ak-angler

Signature settings should be one of the "Features and Options" in the Administration Center.

Once you've found the Signature settings, you should be able to choose which BBC tags are enabled, including the [img] tag. Or, if you choose to allow small pics, you can set the max number, height, and width of sig-pics, along with length and number of sig-lines, and their font size. That way they wouldn't get out of control.

In any event, the settings should be there to limit the signatures however you want.

Danno

Quote from: ak-angler on September 29, 2011, 10:44:39 AM
Signature settings should be one of the "Features and Options" in the Administration Center.

This software doesn't have that feature but I just found a mod that I added to help limit what can be put in signatures. Unfortunately, the 0 (zero) value for many of the inputs is the default for "no maximum" so 1 is the lowest number I can use. I'll try turning off the [img] tag. Thanks for that idea.

This change won't affect any current signatures but it will once anyone changes/updates their signature.

ak-angler

Ah. It looks like that feature was a mod for version 1.xx, but is included in version 2.0. It should still give you what you're looking for.

Danno

Quote from: ak-angler on September 29, 2011, 11:33:33 AM
Ah. It looks like that feature was a mod for version 1.xx, but is included in version 2.0. It should still give you what you're looking for.

With talk like that, I'll make you a moderator!

I do plan to go to version 2.0 soon. I just need to clear some non-related projects off of my list first. I'm worried that I'll mess the upgrade up and need a weekend to fix it thus I'll save it for a rainy day.

ak-angler

Whoa there! While I appreciate the sentiment, I don't have anywhere near the time available to commit to joining the "staff". :bigshock:
(Maybe I should just shut my mouth so nobody begins to think I may actually know something, which I don't...)

Besides, it sounds like you've got it handled. :wink: