News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

SMART RAIL another Arima Must have..

Started by CanvasGuy, August 04, 2011, 07:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno

Quote from: arimaed on August 09, 2011, 03:37:55 PM
Hydro, I believe Arima added the 1" chine in 91 or 92 but I maybe wrong and it was 99 or 2000?

It was sometime in the early 90's and probably depended on the hull as nothing is a clean cut across all products in boat manufacturing.

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

wedocq

I was actually referring to the fact I have a hard top that keeps me warm and dry  :biggrin:
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Markshoreline

My 91 SR19 gets spray on and over the windshield if there's a good bit of wind over the waves.  Maybe the chine improvement happened after that year?
Mark
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

redbaronace

Quote from: markshoreline on August 09, 2011, 07:22:31 PM
My 91 SR19 gets spray on and over the windshield if there's a good bit of wind over the waves.  Maybe the chine improvement happened after that year?
Mark

Mark
Did you ever add these?  This might be my next and hopefully close to last Arima mod.

It seems like everyone likes them but many are turned off by the high cost.

Has a Groupbuy ever been done on the Arima Forum?  I know that often times on the car forums, larger ticket items are purchased this way and the price discount is typically dependent on the quantity of participants.

Anybody up for something like this?

Salmon King

RBA...

For me it's always been a combination of cost and looks. 
But no as I'm getting older the looks I can live with and cost is no longer a consideration when compared to getting wet.
I'm thinking in terms of Summer when I have the top off (you know, summer is that 2-3 week period of SUNSHINE and warm temps. we get every year).
For the winter I really don't care as I've taken care of all my windshield leaks.

I've asked for a set of these for Christmas....We'll see.

S.K.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

redbaronace

Quote from: Salmon King on November 05, 2012, 03:58:45 PM
RBA...

For me it's always been a combination of cost and looks. 
But no as I'm getting older the looks I can live with and cost is no longer a consideration when compared to getting wet.
I'm thinking in terms of Summer when I have the top off (you know, summer is that 2-3 week period of SUNSHINE and warm temps. we get every year).
For the winter I really don't care as I've taken care of all my windshield leaks.

I've asked for a set of these for Christmas....We'll see.

S.K.

Yes, ditto on the looks.  I think they look cheezy (no offense to owners).  I do agree that if they were painted the color of the gelcoat (dune beige), they would blend in more and not be so offensive.

That coupled with the steep price are the 2 biggest hurdles.  That being said, if I continue to experience crashing waves over the bow with future trips out, my rational might go out the window.

Markshoreline

I would like to have less spray over the bow on my '91, but worry about the glue coming off if I bumped the smart rail into a dock, and the appearance is at the very least appendageal.  Maybe if they joined at the point of the bow, plus it seems that area ships water over when it is really rough as well.

I don't think the improved forward chines were incorporated on my hull.

Mark

redbaronace

Here is a photo of the front of my boat.  I do not believe mine has the more pronounced chines.

Markshoreline

Don't think so either, but what a great looking boat!

redbaronace

Quote from: markshoreline on November 05, 2012, 10:56:45 PM
Don't think so either, but what a great looking boat!

Thanks Mark.  I saw yours the other day at Brooks and would gladly trade.
Got some supposedly super crab food being delivered (craigslist) wednesday.  Hopefully if its as good as advertised, I will be enjoying some tender morsels this holiday season.

Salmon King

Quote from: redbaronace on November 05, 2012, 01:24:14 PM
Quote from: markshoreline on August 09, 2011, 07:22:31 PM
Mark

Mark
Did you ever add these?  This might be my next and hopefully close to last Arima mod.

It seems like everyone likes them but many are turned off by the high cost.

Has a Groupbuy ever been done on the Arima Forum?  I know that often times on the car forums, larger ticket items are purchased this way and the price discount is typically dependent on the quantity of participants.

I'd be a buyer with ya!

Anybody up for something like this?
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)