Author Topic: Sea Legend 22 Rewire  (Read 551 times)

Offline beancounter

Re: Sea Legend 22 Rewire
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2018, 12:54:32 PM »
It was how I financed my boating and fishing addiction for the last 15 years. But yeah I am burned out and tired of fixing boats. I have backed off on a few to let members here get them over the years. Darren and rasslingref come to mind but there were others as well. These are neat little boats that pack a lot in a small package.

Offline GregE

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 10:17:08 PM »
Not sure if anyone is flexible enough to add more fluid to the trim tabs reservoir.  got my arm to the bottom of the sump- lots of leaves and fiberglass dust down there. 

Buddy Mike is coming over Wednesday to help pull wires.  3 Rule Sump pumps need to be checked out - a larger auto pump is coming soon.

Phone is messed up- can't use it let alone transfer pictures.
Greg
Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT; SL 22 Honda 225
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:  Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat;
SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Offline beancounter

« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 04:40:37 AM »
Greg I commend you for still being able to get up and down and twist around in all those tight spots to work. I have found it much tougher now than I did just 5 years ago. Once you get it all done though you will know what you have and have much more confidence when you head out. I am sure Judy appreciates your hard labor.

Offline OnA

« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 09:26:40 AM »
Not sure if anyone is flexible enough to add more fluid to the trim tabs reservoir.

Wait, didn't Rebait have the exact same configuration?  Or is beancounter spot on with the comment about flexibility over the years?

Offline GregE

« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 10:20:39 PM »
Flexibility??  Long gone.......   :shrug9:  total Lumbar fusion 8 years ago didn't help- getting down up from my belly takes lots of groaning.

Before and after of the sump area..  Lots of leaves and fiberglass dust..  Long handled brush, several flushes with soapy water and a camping mattress.

Three Rule pumps, one wired Auto but no float switch..  ??  Got two to run so far.  Sherri and other SL 22 folks, the two hoses in the center come in from the sides behind the fish boxes.   anybody know how they run and how to check if they are clogged?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:32:52 PM by GregE »
Greg

Offline GregE

« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 10:46:58 PM »
Mike came over today to help- we spent 8 hours and got some things figured out and a start to what Mike says is gonna take a month   :hoboy:

Got the start battery hooked up and the wire run to the front pulled.  Somebody only bought 13' of duplex so we needed to move the ground buss and fuse to the top left and will just barely reach the front buss.  Go long or go home somebody may have said.   :shrug9:

I'll have to reach further for the battery switch but don't need to read the settings as much as the fuse panel.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:50:27 PM by GregE »
Greg

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 11:18:51 PM »
I've always wanted to buy one of your used boats that are always in perfect condition!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Online SB Steve

« Reply #32 on: Today at 07:32:12 AM »
Wow!  That is looking very sharp and tidy!  I have got most of my parts in, and I just can't settle on where to put everything.  I definitely want to mount some things to a piece of starboard.  I just don't know where to get any locally, and I must admit, I have never worked with it before.

Online Fisherdv

« Reply #33 on: Today at 07:49:08 AM »
West Marine has some sheets of starboard but it’s very $$$. You can also order cut to size online again, $$$. Or go to Walmart or Homegoods and get a white cutting board
2018, Sea Chaser 16, Honda 60HP

Online SB Steve

« Reply #34 on: Today at 07:58:26 AM »
Yeah I just checked West Marine here, they have it but it is 3 times as much as Amazon.  I can't find the same product to get the West Marine price Match.  I can get some from Amazon by Monday.  Are you guys using 1/4" or 1/2" for these kind of applications?

Offline Mooch

« Reply #35 on: Today at 08:41:07 AM »
I like 1/2" for deeper screw bite.  Easy stuff to work with.  Router shavings can be messy.
2006 Sea Ranger Skip 21, Honda 150, Honda 9.9

Online Fisherdv

« Reply #36 on: Today at 08:52:17 AM »
1/2” also
2018, Sea Chaser 16, Honda 60HP

Online SB Steve

« Reply #37 on: Today at 08:58:36 AM »
Thanks guys!

Offline GregE

« Reply #38 on: Today at 09:04:10 AM »
Well, Mark-  I'm still getting the SR 19 hardtop ready to sell ........   :arms:

Here's some pictures of the SR 19 wiring with  two fuse panels up front.  I'm trying to figure the yellow wire run that apparently supports the NEMA backbone.  That's the next step after connecting the house to buss bars up front.

Anybody speak NEMA??   :biggrin:

I had some 1/2" Starboard pieces left over from some Mark gave me but not wide enough to cover the rear panel.  I used 1/4" with spacers but am wishing I'd gone with 1/2",  It will curve to align with the inner hull.

Greg

Offline OnA

« Reply #39 on: Today at 09:47:01 AM »
Sherri and other SL 22 folks, the two hoses in the center come in from the sides behind the fish boxes.   anybody know how they run and how to check if they are clogged?

The starboard fish box drains very slow, if at all at times.  I've attempted to snake something flexible down the drain hose, but I believe that the routing has a 90 degree bend and it's difficult to clear.  The best option I've found so far is to use a little high pressure water to flush the system.  I will flush from both directions, but of course that means getting down on my belly and wedging my head and shoulders in that tiny (and getting smaller every year) access space.

Offline GregE

« Reply #40 on: Today at 10:00:00 AM »
....that tiny (and getting smaller every year) access space.

Fiberglass shrinkage?!?!  :wink: 

Thanks for the info- I'll snake and flush the lines while it's clean. Careful reaching in there-  I got some fiberglass splinters
I  need to put the new 2000 GPH  sump pump in also and check the bilge pump at the front.  I think SL 22s are the only Arimas with forward pumps.

New Garmin 1242 xsv will arrive tomorrow    :party:  so I will need to run the  1000 w transducer-  I chickened out doing a thru hull-  only 9 days to Shrimp ( if there are any left )

BTW,  I had to trade in my smaller Blue Sea battery switch for the bigger one-  The lug on the starter power cable to the Honda 225 was 3/4" wide ( # 2 ? ) and would not fit in the smaller switch with one access.  I have it available if someone needs  the Add a Battery size switch 
« Last Edit: Today at 10:23:16 AM by GregE »
Greg