News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Tip - Member Map

Started by Danno, February 22, 2011, 09:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno

NEW FEATURE!    NEW FEATURE!     NEW FEATURE!     NEW FEATURE!     NEW FEATURE!     NEW FEATURE!
Go to the MEMBER MAP tab to view ABOG member's locations around the USA & Canada.

To enter your own location, look below the map and it will allow you to place your own pin. Pin your house if you dare or just pin your home city,  favorite boat launch, favorite fishing grounds, etc.

This will help everyone get to know the other ABOG members that are in your neighborhood.

Now I just need to figure out how to add places of interest like the Arima Boat factory (which is where this map centers) and other Arima related locations.

Enjoy!
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Enniberg

Cool stuff Danno! :clap:

Come on guys, lets all get our pin on the map so we know where everyone is located! :beerchug:
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. (unknown)

StreamFixer

after you place your pin on the map, be sure to hit the 'update profile' button (bottom right of page) or it won't stick.  Please don't ask how I know this (only took three times). :doh:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

GoodDays

Cool !!!!! i am the first pin on Vancouver Island !! :party: :dance: :beerchug: :yeahthat:

Kimbrey

Looks as if most of the pinned so far are from "Gods Country" IE the NW.  I'm not sure if we should include those Oregon guys with that title though. :jester: :jester:
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

croaker stroker

Helloooo! I'm way down here ! :gone_fishing:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

fishing eagle

Hmmm... I don't know but we call my area the Adirondack Mountain Region "God's Country" and I seem to be the only member pinned in this area of the country. So maybe we have a debate here on where is Gods country?

But anyway I do feel kind of lonely over here on the east side.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

StreamFixer

You guys need to be careful not to pick a fight you have no chance of winning.   :facepalm:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

StreamFixer

Quote from: GoodDays on February 23, 2011, 03:59:12 PM
Cool !!!!! i am the first pin on Vancouver Island !! :party: :dance: :beerchug: :yeahthat:

Not sure that one counts GoodDays.   Especially since you can't get there from here   :hoboy:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

woody

Russ, my map is cooler than yours.  If you zero down on me and go to satellite you can see my house, my truck, the lawn furniture in the back yard.  Zero in on yours and it points to a grove of trees.  Mine is really neat. But its OK Russ, the nerds are as follow:  Danno - piece of dirt beside a road, Croker - bunch of trees, 3Wgt - some one's back yard.  I win.

Woody

StreamFixer

I think I just heard Neener - neener - neener??? :shrug9:

That's OK Woody, next time we'll make the huge mess in your shop, and when Jeanne sees it, I'll just go home   :berry: :clap:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Danno

Woot!  The fine folks at Simple Machines Forum taught me how to add custom pin locations to the Google Map. I've added Arima Marine Int. I'll be adding each of the Arima Dealers as I get time. I hope to eventually be able to add logos and custom pins for non-member locations.

-Danno

Seattleflyfisher

The Member map is very cool! :beerchug:

You can see my boat..........................................

fishing eagle

Yes the member map is really cool, especially when you use the satellite views. I pinned mine to where I normally do most my boating and fishing and in the general area of where I usually launch on Lake Champlain. My summer camp is located close by to this area.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

GoodDays

Of course you can get here from there..... just costs a few bucks.......... :dance:

I put my pin at the boat ramp....

GoodDays Greg :gone_fishing:

Danno

I added a picture to the Arima Marine link on the map. Also added Sportcraft Marina to the member map with a logo. One dealer down, about 50 to go.

SRanger

ABOG Member Map - sounds techy.   Another nice feature!   I like it:)
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)

fishing eagle

Come on Danno.... now you have to figure out how to use a different color pin for Arima dealers and etc. Make it easy to find the nearest dealer!

croaker stroker

OK Woody, I moved out of the trees and into my summer home.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

woody

Are you guys down sizing?  Empty nesters?

Woody

GoodDays

Where are all the rest of the Canadians... I know there are more than 3 of us out there !!!! :anyone:

GoodDays Greg :gone_fishing:

StreamFixer

OK Woody

You win.  I told the location protocol to pin the mess you have been making where the boat is currently stored.  It did a good job....   :applause: 

Now I wonder if it will follow me when I go fishing???  :shrug9:  Don't want everyone to see my 'secret holes'  :facepalm: 

Of course if you are along it won't matter 'cause we never catch anything on those outings.  Maybe you should think about changing your handle to Jonah???  :whistle:

StreamFixer

P.S.  Where those other Canuk's anyway?  A bunch of lower 48 folks missing too.
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

woody

Hey, I'm a Canuck ... maybe a long time enjoying the lower 48's  ... but I signed up.

Russ, yep, I see your Arima's home, your truck and even Cooper frolicking in the yard. You have to look real close, squint and believe.

Woody

Danno

Quote from: fishing eagle on February 26, 2011, 10:16:50 AM
Come on Danno.... now you have to figure out how to use a different color pin for Arima dealers and etc. Make it easy to find the nearest dealer!

I'm trying FE. The fine folks at Smart Machines Forum have provided lots of help but it seems this portion of the Member Map would require some involved programming and that means time on their part to figure it out. They usually want to get paid for that type of effort.  They have noted that it will likely be a feature in a future revision but don't have a date for that yet.

I have most of the Arima Delaers in except a few in the NE. I figured I would start with the PNW where the majority of sales are and then work outward. Some of the dealers don't even have a web page so I'm reluctant to even put them on the map. How can you have a business without a web page in 2011?

fishing eagle

Ok Dan you will have to keep the green pins until they do a programming update. Yes I am surprised that some of the dealers on the east coast do not do more to advertise their marina and Arima boats.