Author Topic: Cannon Mag 10TS Electrics  (Read 1113 times)

Offline mysealium

Cannon Mag 10TS Electrics
« on: February 16, 2011, 11:52:21 PM »
Just got a new pair for the boat for this upcoming salmon season and was wondering if anyone else had these. Do you guys recommend that I reinforce my gunnels for these new downriggers? I believe arima put some plywood in under the glass but I am not sure if thats enough. If anyone could elaborate on this with their experience with electric downriggers and if/how they reinforced the gunnels to support them or if I do not need to worry about it I would greatly appreciate it thanks!!

Offline fishing eagle

• Fisherman
  • We Fish, We Boat and so We Live!
  • View Gallery
Re: Cannon Mag 10TS Electrics
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 09:41:45 AM »
I suggest that you purchase or make backing plates for under the gunwales. You want to spread the stress out and not just use washers and nuts.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

Offline Enniberg

Re: Cannon Mag 10TS Electrics
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »
Backing plates like FE suggests is your best option, however, I have used oversized washers with no problems.
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. (unknown)