News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

CA DFW fishing license app

Started by AJFishin, April 17, 2024, 09:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJFishin

I got the email from CADFW the first week in April for their app.
I downloaded the app and it does what it's supposed to do, show your current license and your license history.
I think it's a good thing to have for a bunch of reasons and also my phone is always with me.
Might be worth to check it out in case you lose or misplaced your license.
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

croaker stroker

Did you get the "Ocean Enhancement"?
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

AJFishin

Quote from: croaker stroker on April 17, 2024, 11:08:37 AMDid you get the "Ocean Enhancement"?

I do have the ocean enhancement and the 2nd rod validation. I also have my licenses set up to auto renew on Jan. 1st and the CA DFW sends me my license in the mail around Christmas, it's a nice gift to myself. :jester:

croaker stroker

Do you fish in fresh water?

I have not bothered, but I think I may get the Disabled Veteran license next time. 

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

AJFishin

Quote from: croaker stroker on April 17, 2024, 01:41:21 PMDo you fish in fresh water?

I have not bothered, but I think I may get the Disabled Veteran license next time.

Sometimes I go to Legg Lake near me for large mouth bass, bluegill or catfish for fun and for a family day at the park.

Yeah why not get the disabled veteran license, you deserve it.

Playin Hooky

I downloaded this app too.  Nice to have for license retrieval as well as other helpful info like the latest regs.  I think I'll follow AJs lead and do the auto renewal as well.   
2004 Arima 15' Sea Sprinter, 2004 Suzuki 70
1999 Chaparral Signature 27 (Sold and told the wife I'd never to buy another boat; Oops!)
1990 Trophy 2159 (long gone)

croaker stroker

Are they going to know if you are in a "No Fishing" zone?

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Wiley

Quote from: croaker stroker on April 18, 2024, 10:44:52 PMAre they going to know if you are in a "No Fishing" zone?

They can track your every move now.  :jester:
Just kidding, I loaded that awhile back. As one who fought in court 3 times and lost for an unsigned license. ($550)Yep I like it.
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

AJFishin

Yeah there has been a couple times I forgot my license at home because I took it out of my boat for some reason or another. Then I had to turn around and go home to get it and another time I washed the day and did something else.
Having the app would have been handy for my friend a few years ago that got a ticket for fishing without a license when he lost his license, we think happened when we stopped for breakfast.  We didn't realize he lost his license till DFW boarded us and he was the only one out of the 3 of us, without a license.
He had to go to court in Ventura and while there, he showed his receipt for his active license and explained to the judge what happened, but the judge fined him $800 for fishing without a license.
Luckily sitting in the court room was a public defender that stood up, explained to the judge the decision is incorrect and said he has shown proof to the court of having an active license and he was not knowingly fishing with no active license and he recited a law article.
In the end my friend had to pay $75 in court fees and then he was finally able to get a replacement license in the mail.

I think having the app is going to lessen any hassle of having a temporary episode of CRS and getting in trouble and having to go to court, instead of fishing.

Wiley

My story was I get a license every year for Christmas. Stuffed in wallet until about June, finally got chance to go. Sitting on the bank displaying license in holder as required at the time. Officer walks up says license please, I pull it out and nope I had never signed it. Fought in  Federal court 3 times "Alpine county " $550. No breaks, no discounts. Pay up sucker ! I'm still pissed off about it 15 years later ! :doh:  :doh:
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Fisherdv

Quote from: Wiley on April 23, 2024, 07:02:29 PMMy story was I get a license every year for Christmas. Stuffed in wallet until about June, finally got chance to go. Sitting on the bank displaying license in holder as required at the time. Officer walks up says license please, I pull it out and nope I had never signed it. Fought in  Federal court 3 times "Alpine county " $550. No breaks, no discounts. Pay up sucker ! I'm still pissed off about it 15 years later ! :doh:  :doh:
No wonder when I went to Sportsmen's warehouse and got my license the guy had me sign the license right then and there.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

AJFishin

Yeah make sure to sign that license right when you get it.

Reminds me one year hoop netting, I wasn't thinking and didn't fill out my catch count on my card before stepping on the dock. I pulled my boat out of the water and was stopped by DFW, handed them my licenses and the officer noticed I didn't fill out my count. :doh:
That day the warden must have been in a good mood or felt sorry for me because all I got was a goose egg. He told me to put zero down and we'll call it good, but next time make sure it's filled out, you don't want to go to court over something so stupid, then he searched my boat just in case.  :jester: