News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

SL 22 Mid Ship Bilge -Thru Hull Replacement

Started by AnnapolisArima, April 09, 2024, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnapolisArima

Hey Friends,
Hoping someone can help with this one couldn't see anything in the archives.
I have replaced all of the old plastic bits on the outside of the hull. The disintegrating plastic thru hulls that came original- deck drain and livewell drains (replaced with Stainless Steel GROCO HTH series) and installed the brass drain tubes in the motor well.

The last plastic thru hull on the boat is the drain for the mid-ship bilge pump and I cant seem to figure out how to get to it. It seems like it was run before they put the interior insert into the cuddy and long before the deck, meaning cutting the insert?
Anyone out there have experience with this?
Pics to follow.

Thanks!
Aaron
Sea Legend 22-Skip Tower w/ Honda 130

AnnapolisArima

Pics of midship drain and showing off how clean the Groco Stainless upgrade looks

GregE

Wow.  I have a 2005 and previously a 2003 SL 22 and neither had any issues with drain fittings.  Where was this boat used?
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Yachter Yat

May be a simple case of saltwater abrasion, from running...given where that plastic fitting is located. :shrug9:  I suppose a 316 stainless fitting would have been a better choice.

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

AnnapolisArima

Boat was stored on a lift in Annapolis MD since new.
Really surprised that this isn't more common. The plastic bits that I removed literally fell apart in my hand.
Back to my problem which is that I hate cutting holes in boats and also hate knowing about a potential problem and not fixing it...