News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Transducer mounted on the pod?

Started by Ski2sea, February 13, 2011, 05:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ski2sea

Anyone tried mounting a skimmer transducer on the pod?  I have scoured the old posts and only found one picture.  Would like to hear the results.    Thanks all!

PNW Pride

Good question. I am gonna be installing trim tabs soon and need to move my transducer out of the way.  Would the sponson be a good place to mount it?  Can we have some owners chime in on this subject?  :anyone: 
21' Sea Ranger/Honda 150HP

wedocq

2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Threeweight

Mine are mounted to the port side pod.  I have a piece of Star Board type material mounted to the pod with a couple of stainless screws and 3m 5200.  I have two transducers (one for my Lowrance HDS and one of an older unit) mounted to it.  Works great. 

I used to have them mounted as Shawn does, but when I mounted Smart Tabs on my boat, I found the drag was causing too much turbulence in the water and interfering with the sonar readings when the boat was on plane. 

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

StreamFixer

:yeahthat:  Me too except I don't have fancy hydraulic tabs   :yeahthat: 

Works fine, and does not stick out to get tangled when fighting fish close in.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

CanvasGuy

I also have it on the port side spawnsoon works great. :applause:.. just have to adjust down when I hit some jetsam :clap:....

Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke