News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Honda mowers being discontinued

Started by Yachter Yat, November 23, 2022, 07:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yachter Yat

I absolutely love my little Honda walk-behind mower.  I've had it for years and it's been trouble free.  Gets into those areas my 5 foot Kubota mid-mount deck can't access. That said, I was a bit taken-aback by seeing this today:
  mohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpNGkcQ3rQ&t=16stor.
   Oh well.  My only hope is; whatever I have to replace it with will at least come with a Honda motor. 
Yat
You'll know your married, when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Yachter Yat

You'll know your married, when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

I ditched the gas and got one of those EGO battery powered mowers. I love it! Got the weed wacker and blower too.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

La-Z-Buoy

Quote from: Fisherdv on November 23, 2022, 07:51:58 AM
I ditched the gas and got one of those EGO battery powered mowers. I love it! Got the weed wacker and blower too.

I went electric also. Kobalt with weed eater and blower. All use same battery. For my purposes the system works very well. Over two years experience with them and no issues.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

martin3

Quote from: Yachter Yat on November 23, 2022, 07:27:50 AM
   I absolutely love my little Honda walk-behind mower.  I've had it for years and it's been trouble free.  Gets into those areas my 5 foot Kubota mid-mount deck can't access. That said, I was a bit taken-aback by seeing this today:
  mohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpNGkcQ3rQ&t=16stor.
   Oh well.  My only hope is; whatever I have to replace it with will at least come with a Honda motor. 
Yat

Your HONDA will keep lasting......likely beyond the life of this generation of Electric garden tools.
MJM3

1990 SR Skip Top  "Gypsea Soul"
2013 Etec 115H.O.

Hunter

I have a Honda EM5000 generator that was bought new in 1987...  Probably has over 1000 hours on it and other than a valve adjustment and some oil and plug changes........ still runs like a top....   
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Kimbrey

I have gravel.  Thought about painting it green but.....nah.  Spray it once a year with a fairly expensive herbicide to keep grass and weeds from growing in it.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

Yachter Yat

While we're on the subject, I should mention my four stroke Honda grass trimmer.   Shortly after purchasing that, I actually gave my two stroke trimmer away to a landscaper who happened to be working on a property up the road from me.  All I have to say is; buy that Honda trimmer, and  I swear, you'll throw rocks at the rest.  Still waiting for Honda to come-out with a four stroke chain saw............I'd be the first in line. (ha)

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

I think "they" are trying to get away from, or ban all gas powered blowers, trimmers, etc.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

croaker stroker

True in California. The price of a CARB Approved Honda generator in California is twice the price of one in Oregon.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Hunter

Quote from: Kimbrey on November 23, 2022, 10:48:50 AM
I have gravel.  Thought about painting it green but.....nah.  Spray it once a year with a fairly expensive herbicide to keep grass and weeds from growing in it.

Hey Kimbrey.....  Not sure what herbicide you are using but if it's Round-Up, then there is a better option called Imitator by Drexel.   Same exact active ingredient as RoundUp.....only it's about 1/4 of the price... because they don't pay for commercials.  Works as good or better for me on my 5 acres.   I also do not use a backpack sprayer for gravel as it's just too time consuming.   I use an Ortho hose attachment dispenser with the correct concentration dialed in and it makes short work of it...

All Garmin Electronics

Kimbrey

This is the stuff I've been using:
I bought a cheap 15 gallon tank that has a 12v pump built for spraying from Harbor Freight.  Stick that on my wheelbarrow with a spare battery to power it.  It shoots out a fairly good swath.  I also add a dye to to the mixture so I can see where I've sprayed.  I'll have to check out your stuff as a jug of the RM 43 is around $180 at Tractor Supply.  It does seem to hold things at bay for close to a year though.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

Hunter

All Garmin Electronics

Yachter Yat

Be careful with that stuff.  I'd never use that around my property.   It's poison; both to vegetation, and to you......not to mention the effects on wildlife.  Spraying a little vinegar on some unwanted vegetation that pops-up around my house seems to do the trick.     

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

DeskJockey

Quote from: Hunter on November 23, 2022, 03:45:12 PM
Try Rural King......$35 a ga for the concentrate..

https://www.ruralking.com/41-glyphosate-weed-killer-1-gallon-05200-101

I'm going to have to look into this as well.  Ive been using the RM43 and they sure are proud of it.  If I can get the same results and have enough left over to put gas in the boat, I'm in
1991 17' Sea Ranger

Hunter

Quote from: Yachter Yat on November 24, 2022, 08:02:13 AM
    Be careful with that stuff.  I'd never use that around my property.   It's poison; both to vegetation, and to you......not to mention the effects on wildlife.  Spraying a little vinegar on some unwanted vegetation that pops-up around my house seems to do the trick.     

Yat

Hey Yat..... I totally agree that users need to be VERY careful when using this or ANYTHING that might be toxic or dangerous....... but Vinegar is just not a very good option for folks with lots of acreage or tens of thousands of square feet of gravel road or drives...  Plus, vinegar doesn't work nearly as well as folks think it does.   It'll brown up and dry out the foliage but doesn't really get to the "root" of the problem weeds.   Vinegar is good in a handheld spray bottle for pesky weeds in your sidewalk cracks...

After dealing with the flipp'n driveway weeds for over 20 years since building the house I finally got fed up with it and bit the bullet and paved over everything.... with some concrete borders.   No more weeds and no more spraying the poison..     

All Garmin Electronics

Yachter Yat

Hunter:  I have to say.....you've done a great job with your place.  Looks fabulous.  I've got about 15 acres. Needless to say, it's become somewhat of a daunting (if not impossible) job to keep it all under control.  In the past few years I've had to let a lot of it go "back to nature".  That said, a number of acres immediately surrounding my house are as well cared for as I could expect of myself at this point in my life. 
   As far as weed control is concerned; I strongly believe we should do all we can to avoid using any of these chemical alternatives  we suspect might present long term negative effects to either us, or the environment.

Yat 
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Hunter

Quote from: Yachter Yat on November 24, 2022, 12:43:00 PM

As far as weed control is concerned; I strongly believe we should do all we can to avoid using any of these chemical alternatives  we suspect might present long term negative effects to either us, or the environment.

Yat

Totally agree Yat.......
All Garmin Electronics

DARice

Quote from: Yachter Yat on November 24, 2022, 08:02:13 AM

Yat

No herbicides allowed by my wife on our 5 acres other than high concentrate vinegar. Beware, it will etch through concrete!
2005 Sea Chaser 17 Pilot House, Lost Sailor
'21 Honda 90, Yamaha T9.9