News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

First and last

Started by Tailout, October 15, 2022, 10:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tailout

After several successful rock fish trips, on the Yellowtailout I hadn't put a Salmon on the deck until 9/11. We landed 2 of the six we hooked. One right at 30lbs, the other 21lbs. I've tried 3 trips since then, zero adults. We landed quite a few juvenile kings 20" off ten mile beach Kehoe to the point. I'm loving the Yellowtailout. I think the Salmon season is done, I'm Halibut fishing tomorrow, off Abbott's.
2022 Arima 19' Sea Chaser Yellowtail  115 hp Yamaha, Yamaha 9.9 kicker
Fish Rite 17x54 drift boat 6hp Yamaha
2007  Sea Ranger 19',  90 hp Honda 8hp Honda Kicker (Sold)

Pdxmgunner

Nice work, 30lbs fish are hard to get these days...

:flag:

disposable

Some people have fished a long time without a 30# salmon (ahem), excellent work. If you have a lucky boat you better use it!
Reveille
2012 Sea Chaser 17 (custom PH)
2013 Honda 90hp

beancounter

Dai20bt

Awesome fish report and congrats on that amazing catch!  Those pictures inspiring me to get gear ready for after work fishing on the rivers today:)  I just finally caught my first river salmon this month (9 pounder coho), and it abundantly fed 4 people for a couple of days.  How many meals will that 30 pounder provide? 
1987 17' Sea Ranger
2000 Yamaha F115
2015 Tohatsu 9.8

gtboosted

That's a fatty.  :clap:

Is that a new style of seat box?
21' Sea Ranger Skip Top

Tailout

Yea, and I'm not crazy about it. Lid only opens on half the box, and leaks. I redid the weather stripping dry now. To access the front bow section of the box you have to take everything in the back stern section out. The armrest are in the way often, I took them off then put'em back on. Over all I'm loving the Yellowtail.

Tailout

This Salmon season out of Bodega bay was like the good old days. A lot of big fish came over the rail. That last Big one went in the smoker.

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Pdxmgunner

strokersquid

Not so much for us out the GG this year. 5 trips out. 1 on the 3rd trip and 3 on the 4th. Every time was able to save the day with Halis or rock fish. I would read how good the fishing was out of Bodega and wonder what we were doing wrong.I thought the season was over, then the Lovely Martha goes out and gets limits for 7 anglers on Monday off Dux. Oh well ....