Author Topic: Transducer Location  (Read 116 times)

Offline mariner

Transducer Location
« on: November 26, 2021, 01:55:32 PM »
I have a 19SRHT and previous had a garelick heavy duty height adjustable kicker bracket.  I had a custom made extension that went down from the garelick height adjustable kicker bracket which allowed me to install my Airmar P66 tight against the sponson without having to drill any holes into the sponson... The P66 was bolted to the custom made extension that came down from height adjustable kicker down nearly flush with the sponson bottom and about 1" away from the sponson wall..  That setup worked well.. I had good bottom readings while on plane and perfect readings when trolling on kicker...

I am in the process of swapping over to a fixed mount bracket and so I need to figure out where to mount the P66 transducer.  I am considering locating it at the typical spot between drain plug and starboard trim tab.    For those of you who have mounted your transducer in that location and also have trim tabs, does the splash and turbulence the trim tabs cause when they are deployed create issues with bottom reading and static clutter on your fish finder when you are on plane?

Just wanted to get some feedback before I start drilling some holes in transom.

Thanks in advance.
1999 19 Sea Ranger HT: 2018 Merc115 CT ProXS: 2018 Merc9.9 ProKicker

Online Mooch

Re: Transducer Location
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 02:23:15 PM »
No
Catch 21
2006 Sea Ranger Skip 21
Honda 150 / Honda 9.9

Online Fisherdv

Re: Transducer Location
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 03:45:33 PM »