News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Pilothouse Install

Started by Chevyeater707, November 24, 2021, 12:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chevyeater707

Install went good thanks to Ryan. Boat rides way better with the pilothouse on. Ran out the gate today. I think the little bit of added weight up front helps. Handles the chop great now.
2003 19 Sea Ranger 90 Honda
Bay Area, CA

agoodhi

What was added to fill the gap under the windows?

Also, any plans on how you are going to finish the bottom rear edge?  Looks like there's a big gap in the sloping section.

Other than that, the PH looks great on the Sea Ranger!
'04 SR 17 | '04 Yami F115 (Apollo XHS SS 13-3/8x15) | SeaStar HC5345 | '22 Suzuki DF9.9 | OTH Pilothouse | FishOn River/Sport Arch | Lenco 9x12 tabs | Garmin Stuff | Pacific Trailer

christianbrat

When stanley and I built ours we figured out very quickly theyre not the same with a few measurements
1989 Sea Explorer 16 w/ Custom Pilot House
2007 Honda BF90 & 2002 BF5
Built not Bought

If I could be an appliance I would be a toaster

Chevyeater707

Ryan is going to fab some new pieces out of Coosa board and gel coat to match. Should fit and look good when done
Bay Area, CA

christianbrat

Quote from: Chevyeater707 on November 29, 2021, 04:54:50 AM
Ryan is going to fab some new pieces out of Coosa board and gel coat to match. Should fit and look good when done
a shim?
Built not Bought

kriznol

Can anyone installed windshield wipers on one of these yet? I'm curious how & where the motors would mount.

davidsea

Quote from: Chevyeater707 on November 26, 2021, 07:01:22 AM
This one has the baby V8, original 300. Always wanted a Skylark. First car was a 65 Lemans. Just wanted something to cruise around in until I drop a nailhead in it. Have to do that when it's not fishing season. 65-67 were all pretty close, just small differences that make finding parts a challenge
I had a  '70 GS455 from 73-79.  With a TH400 trans, posi, AirLift bags in the rear springs, Koni shocks, a welded hitch and endless torque, probably the best tow car I ever had for my race boats.  One of several cars I should have kept.  Yours looks really sweet.
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: christianbrat on November 29, 2021, 09:43:35 AM
a shim?

Ya, something like that....

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: kriznol on November 29, 2021, 12:27:53 PM
Can anyone installed windshield wipers on one of these yet? I'm curious how & where the motors would mount.

I will be mounting mine when I get back in town, I will post pics for sure.

christianbrat

Quote from: Off The Hook Boat Works on November 29, 2021, 04:52:08 PM
Quote from: christianbrat on November 29, 2021, 09:43:35 AM
a shim?

Ya, something like that....
ooph
:circling_shark:
Built not Bought

Omega3

Can you see out the window when seated? More than just the sky obviously.?
05 Sea Ranger 19  05 Evinrude 135 DI   17 Yamaha F8

Chevyeater707

I can just barely see out. Easier to stand and drive. Going to get higher seat boxes for both sides for sitting on long rides
Bay Area, CA

Wiley

Looks great, nice addition for sure. Getting out of the elements makes for so much less wear &tear on during a day fishing. Well done !
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Chevyeater707

Just a quick update. Have taken the boat out a few times since the pilothouse install. Love the way the boat rides now. Lost a little off top end speed but the ride quality makes up for it. Still waiting for Ryan to make the filler piece for the front bottom. Was hoping to have it when he was down here but not sure of that will happy now
Bay Area, CA

kriznol

Does anyone have an update on installing windshield wipers? I'm also wondering how these fiberglass pilothouses (or other aluminum pilothouses) do with condensation? It seems like condensation/dripping could be an issue here in Coastal Oregon without some sort of interior insulation.

disposable

I don't know how helpful this is as my own house is different from Ryan's... but as a point of reference or trivia:

My PH has near zero condensation. The wood core might be working as an insulator...? On some very wet nights at sea I've had a little bit on the inside of the windows though...

And my wipers fit just fine, I could take measurements if it helps...
Reveille
2012 Sea Chaser 17 (custom PH)
2013 Honda 90hp

christianbrat

Quote from: kriznol on December 15, 2021, 12:25:03 PM
Does anyone have an update on installing windshield wipers? I'm also wondering how these fiberglass pilothouses (or other aluminum pilothouses) do with condensation? It seems like condensation/dripping could be an issue here in Coastal Oregon without some sort of interior insulation.

You will need glass windows if you plan to run wipers otherwise you'll destroy the windows surface pretty quickly
Built not Bought

Chevyeater707

Hoping Ryan gets his wipers installed so we can get some ideas. If you could take some measurements on your install that would help. I have gotten very minimal condensation on the inside. Will try and install some sort of defroster/blower to help if needed
Bay Area, CA

christianbrat

Quote from: Chevyeater707 on December 15, 2021, 03:11:37 PM
Hoping Ryan gets his wipers installed so we can get some ideas. If you could take some measurements on your install that would help. I have gotten very minimal condensation on the inside. Will try and install some sort of defroster/blower to help if needed

If you tell me the dimensions of the windows I will do the trig for ya, but it should be pretty simple to calculate. most are 80 degree wiper motors. You can use the arc length plus wiper arm length and wiper blade size to calculate the required mounting location and arm length for the window. pantographic wiper arms will be optimal
Built not Bought

Chevyeater707

Awesome, thanks. I will measure tonight. Thanks for the help
Bay Area, CA

disposable

Quote from: Chevyeater707 on December 15, 2021, 04:38:23 PM

not to condescend, but don't forget the angles
Reveille
2012 Sea Chaser 17 (custom PH)
2013 Honda 90hp

christianbrat

Quote from: disposable on December 15, 2021, 04:41:05 PM
Quote from: Chevyeater707 on December 15, 2021, 04:38:23 PM

not to condescend, but don't forget the angles

True that's an important part.  Too bad they cannot be mounted above the window. that would be best
Built not Bought