News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Custom Arima cabs

Started by Off The Hook Boat Works, July 17, 2021, 12:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: DARice on November 05, 2021, 10:40:24 AM
That build looks fantastic! While it may depend on operator height, my preference would be to have the bases of the rocket launchers above the top instead of behind it. Then again, I'm 6'3" and have a long reach. Given this configuration, I like the side rail height--a basket or crosspieces would block the vents.

Each time I see your build, I'm primarily thinking about the top as a skip top, and for a skip top I'd want the side rails raised enough to have some storage on top with the base of that 'rack' no higher that the bottom edge of the side rails, probably a bit lower, and sturdy enough for a couple of small commercial style crab pots.

What are the rough XY dimensions of the top? Do you know how that compares to the factory skip top?

Dave

My top is 69 1/4'' in the back, front is 61'' and at the longest point its 74''

headduck

I'd suggesy the rails should be tall enough something could bridge across the top and clear the pop up/hatches. The rails being the base for a rack set up or whatever.

So little storage space, making that roof available is a win IMO...

I also prefer holders on top of roof... but I'll m taller with a good reach. Those hurt if you catch em in the noggin.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

croaker stroker

Some longer rods have big butts. Make sure the I.D. of your rod holders fit your rods.  :beerchug:

(The tapered ones dont fit mine.)
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Off The Hook Boat Works

And That's a rap on this Pilot house heading to Maui. Its going to get matching orange on the sun shade extension too. Should be a pretty nice setup!

christianbrat

thats a lot of leverage from the rack hanging off the back!
1989 Sea Explorer 16 w/ Custom Pilot House
2007 Honda BF90 & 2002 BF5
Built not Bought

If I could be an appliance I would be a toaster

Diablo

So you are doing metal work as well as fiberglass? :clap:
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

GregE

That cantilever extension better have some support rods....   :bigshock:

Guess they arent' planning to do much casting

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: christianbrat on November 18, 2021, 02:17:55 PM
thats a lot of leverage from the rack hanging off the back!

He's mounting it to two post on the back, Should be fine.

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: GregE on November 18, 2021, 02:43:28 PM
That cantilever extension better have some support rods....   :bigshock:

Guess they arent' planning to do much casting

It will

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: Diablo on November 18, 2021, 02:38:18 PM
So you are doing metal work as well as fiberglass? :clap:

We do it all over here...... When are we putting on on your boat?  FYI I need two of those nice rocking chairs you make! :beerchug: 

Chevyeater707

Wow looks really nice. Metal work looks really good. Quite the setup on that one
2003 19 Sea Ranger 90 Honda
Bay Area, CA

Off The Hook Boat Works

Here are a couple of pictures of our pilot house on the Sea Ranger model.  Came really close to fitting, but they have a slightly different top cap than the Sea Chaser model. Nothing we cant fix! With a couple of little modifications they are sure to fit nicely!

You can see the issue we had in the last pic... not to bad!

Hunter

Beautiful work on the Maui Wowie and absolutely awesome that it has the side window sliders!!!!!
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

kriznol

Are there any updates on fitting these pilothouses to Sea Rangers?

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: kriznol on January 11, 2022, 10:35:55 AM

Yes, the front lip will be extended to fit you boat.

christianbrat

Quote from: Off The Hook Boat Works on January 11, 2022, 01:05:24 PM

Do you have a picture?
Built not Bought

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: christianbrat on January 11, 2022, 01:07:34 PM

Do you have a picture?

Not yet, Haven't had a chance to do one yet.... I will post a pic as soon as I do one.

agoodhi

How will the rear gap be addressed?
'04 SR 17 | '04 Yami F115 (Apollo XHS SS 13-3/8x15) | SeaStar HC5345 | '22 Suzuki DF9.9 | OTH Pilothouse | FishOn River/Sport Arch | Lenco 9x12 tabs | Garmin Stuff | Pacific Trailer

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: agoodhi on January 11, 2022, 02:43:20 PM

How will the rear gap be addressed?

I will need the angle from you when you order a pilot house so we can address those angles individually, since they are a little different from each of the years....  Best case scenario we would have the boat on site to do the install

B-TownRanger

Sweet! Would this be in the mold itself or would it be shimmed after the fact? Same with the back angle. It's tax return time and that's usually when I get to spend some money!
1989 Sea Ranger 19 - 2004 BF150 Honda

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: B-TownRanger on January 13, 2022, 05:18:18 PM

Sweet! Would this be in the mold itself or would it be shimmed after the fact? Same with the back angle. It's tax return time and that's usually when I get to spend some money!

They will both be modified once they are taken out of the mold.. Glassed and gel coated, It will look like it came out of the mold that way.

nomlas

Off the hook boatworks - great work!

I really like the work on this top so I don't want to sound condemning, but for me I think the window location is too high due to the ledge that is in the lower body for structural strength. I'm surprised it has not been mentioned. Sitting in the seats it appears your view of the water will be blocked out. Personally I would prefer the windows lower, has anybody that bought this top discussed window height?
2001 Sea Ranger 19
2018 Yami 115
No name yet

Fishing all sea creatures in the Bodega area

christianbrat

Quote from: nomlas on January 14, 2022, 11:54:28 AM

I really like the work on this top so I don't want to sound condemning, but for me I think the window location is too high due to the ledge that is in the lower body for structural strength. I'm surprised it has not been mentioned. Sitting in the seats it appears your view of the water will be blocked out. Personally I would prefer the windows lower, has anybody that bought this top discussed window height?

I think the gent that bought one for his ranger a while back mentioned this in his thread, that he cant see forward out of them sitting down, only up. "I can just barely see out. Going to get higher seat boxes for both sides for sitting on long rides"
Built not Bought

nomlas

Quote from: christianbrat on January 14, 2022, 12:11:24 PM
Quote from: nomlas on January 14, 2022, 11:54:28 AM

I think the gent that bought one for his ranger a while back mentioned this in his thread, that he cant see forward out of them sitting down, only up. "I can just barely see out. Going to get higher seat boxes for both sides for sitting on long rides"

Ok that confirms my thoughts.  Wouldn't work for me, I like the fiber glass over metal material so if I purchase a boat without a top I most likely will build a custom top out of aluminum.  I would want an opening front window but would have no need for side sliders.
Would be a lot easier to buy a top but if you get picky I guess you need to build your own.
2001 Sea Ranger 19
2018 Yami 115
No name yet

Fishing all sea creatures in the Bodega area

Chevyeater707

Yes they are high for a standard height seat box. I knew this when I bought the pilothouse. Off the hook is making higher seat boxes as we speak. I wanted to get a seat box for the driver side and figure out some sort of tackle storage solution. With the taller seat boxes from Ryan I will get great visibility and built in tackle storage
2003 19 Sea Ranger 90 Honda
Bay Area, CA