News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Aluminum skiff for sale........needs minor work!

Started by Yachter Yat, June 09, 2021, 05:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yachter Yat

Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

hurstian

2000 Sea Legend Skip Top
Point Roberts, Washington

beancounter

Lucky for them he hit the white vehicle and slowed him down and warned them to jump for their lives.

Hunter

Wow......  Thankfully no one was hurt or worse...    Hope that seller had a high value "Agreed Value Policy" on that boat and trailer!!!   :mememe: :mememe:
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

fishmeister

A hammer, a pair of channel-lock pliers, a pair of tin-snips, and a few cans of Flex-Seal.....good as new!
1981 Sea Hunter (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

Yachter Yat

fishmeister:  If you could make those repairs to that boat using only the tools you mentioned.....then I have three things to say to you:      bowdown.gif    bowdown.gif    bowdown.gif

Ha, Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Wiley

86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Yachter Yat

Yeah.......I found that interesting.  Do you suppose checking his cell phone might tell a different tale?   Hey, just asking.  :shrug9:

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

fishmeister

Quote from: Yachter Yat on June 10, 2021, 06:07:29 AM
   fishmeister:  If you could make those repairs to that boat using only the tools you mentioned.....then I have three things to say to you:      bowdown.gif    bowdown.gif    bowdown.gif

Ha, Yat

Redneck repairs.....If you have duct tape and bailing wire, it's never broke.
The handyman's secret weapon:  Duct tape
1981 Sea Hunter (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

Hunter

Quote from: Yachter Yat on June 10, 2021, 11:30:20 AM
   Yeah.......I found that interesting.  Do you suppose checking his cell phone might tell a different tale?   Hey, just asking.  :shrug9:Yat

My wife was in a wreck about 3 years ago.   Just sitting stopped at a traffic light and the guy behind her in a commercial truck slammed into her.   Had some surgery but is doing well now.   There was no issue of liability on the police report as she was stopped and hit from behind.  Guy said his foot slipped off the brake...

Like I have ALWAYS told my wife..... if in an accident that is not your fault try to note the exact time.   She did.    I had our attorney subpoena the companies phone records and sure enough he was actively talking/ texting at the time of the incident..  He also had no bluetooth or hands free option in his truck other than the speaker option on his phone.    It is illegal to use your phone in WA while driving unless all functions are fully hands free.   

Bottom line is that this info changed our strategy from a simple case of Negligence to the more serious crime of Gross Negligence......since the driver willfully made a decision to break the law and the result of that willful decision was the injury to my wife.   I am convinced that this more than tripled our settlement...

ANyway...... if you ever get whacked by another driver, note the exact time as chances are pretty good that he/she was distracted by phone talk or text. 
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Yachter Yat

Good advice Hunter.  Illegal to talk and drive around here as well, but that doesn't seem to stop some of the "buttheads" we see doing it.  What's scary is driving down Interstate 93 into Boston, and looking over to see someone pass you at 80 MPH.........while on the phone. 

So I say "that's scary", but here's something worse:  A number of times (while on that same highway) I've seen people driving while reading a newspaper, that was spread-out on the steering wheel.  :bigshock:   I'm not kidding!

Yat 
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

AJFishin

Great advice Hunter about the cellphone being subpoenaed. I didn't even think of that, nor did my attorney a few years ago when I was hit from behind by a LA city truck. Long story short, I was stop on the freeway in traffic and the truck swerved to miss running into me, but took out my rear quarter panel. I took them court and I lost because the judge said I was unable to show proof they were at fault.
Since then my wife and I purchased dash cams that also record video from the bumper so there will be no questions of who's at fault if we were to get into an accident.
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser