News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Lenco Trim Tab pictures on 19' Sea Ranger

Started by McVickSR19ST, June 08, 2021, 09:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McVickSR19ST

Hello all,

I am looking for some pictures from those who have 9x12 Lenco trim tabs on your 19' Sea Rangers.  Just wanted to see the different locations people are mounting them. Trying to figure out best way so that I can fit my transducer in a nice spot.
Thanks  :beerchug:
1990 Sea Ranger Skip Top
2021 Suzuki DF140BG

Fisherdv

Pretty much just mount them as far out (inside the sponsons) as possible.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Mooch

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

McVickSR19ST

Mooch are those 12" wide or shorter? Thanks
1990 Sea Ranger Skip Top
2021 Suzuki DF140BG

Mooch

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

ohmytodd

Here's a pic of lenco 9x12's on an SR19. I followed directions saying to mount them right on the edge of where the hull angle transitions, but in hindsight I think I could have gone a little further out.

I'm running a Lowrance Totalscan transducer and I did have to move it from the original location. It clears the motor by a hair.

1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

McVickSR19ST

Thanks Mooch & Ohmytodd. Did you have an option to run the cables through the transom? Or was the splash well in the way?
1990 Sea Ranger Skip Top
2021 Suzuki DF140BG

Mooch

Mine were factory installed hydraulics, which I've never seen installed thru transom.  Couldn't tell you why though.

McVickSR19ST

Quote from: Mooch on June 09, 2021, 08:15:43 PM
Mine were factory installed hydraulics, which I've never seen installed thru transom.  Couldn't tell you why though.

The Lenco's wires can be routed either way. I would just rather not have any more cables in the splash well if I can avoid it. But it is looking like it will be close either way. I think I have seen some others on here that have mounted them through the transom  :shrug9:
1990 Sea Ranger Skip Top
2021 Suzuki DF140BG

B-TownRanger

Not exactly what you are looking for, but here on my 9x12 Bennett Electric tabs with thru-transom wiring. Very happy with them, but I don't have anything to compare to except the boat before trim tabs. I'm sure there is a benefit to the hydraulic (Is there?), but electric makes the most sense to me.
1989 Sea Ranger 19 - 2004 BF150 Honda