News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

17' Sea Chaser Loaded and Ready to Fish - SOLD

Started by dbhazjack, February 22, 2021, 06:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbhazjack

17 Sea Chaser $27,500 OBO

Breaks my heart, but knew this day would come. This is the best dialed in boat that I have or probably will ever own. I am near Gig Harbor, WA

NOTE: 46 CURRENT PHOTOS IN MY GALLERY HERE:
http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=1165;u=5448

BASICS:

Purchased new March of 2013 from Sportcraft Marina
Hull - 2012 SC17
Trailer - 2012 Galvanized EZ-Loader Bunk, with oil bath hubs on torsion spindles
Main Motor - 2013 Honda BF90D2LRTA Just under 400hrs (AWESOME)
Kicker - 2013 Honda BF8D3LHSA - About the same hours (Electric Start) Mounted on Factory Aluminum Fixed Bracket.
Accessories at time of purchase - Burnewiin Rod Holder mounts Stainless with Rod Holders and Cleats. (Used these for my downriggers. (AWESOME)
Full Canvas with side windows and back drop. Pristine condition

MY UPGRADES AND ADDITIONS

First Chart Plotter/Fish Finder was a Lowrance HDS-5 Gen 2
Kept that and upgraded to an HDS-7 Gen 2 Touch
It had issues so upgraded to a Lowrance HDS-9 Gen 3 Touch
Lowrance Link 8 Marine Radio connected to HDS-9 via NMEA 2000 with AIS and DSC
Digital 8' VHS Antenna on Stainless swivel mount

You will see the HDS-9 on the Pilot Dash and the HDS-5 is on the Passenger Dash connected via an ethernet cord.

Airimar P66 Transducer and a Lowrance Structure Scan Transducer. Both Head units get sonar data.

Garmin TR-1 Gold Auto Pilot for the Kicker (BEST ADDITION FOR FISHING)
Johnson Washdown Pump
NMEA 2000 backbone
Lenco Trim Tabs (BEST ADDITION FOR CRUISING)
Solas Amita 13X15 4 Blade Prop (BEST UPGRADE FOR MOTOR)

Removed cheap fuse box in cuddy and replaced with Blue Seas Larger Unit including new 8 gauge marine tinned feed from rear both positive and negative. Added Deep Cycle battery in starboard sponson with Blue Sea ARC and separate fuse box in stern. Also added negative and positive blocks in stern (no terminal stacking). Very clean and trouble free. Also removed the automotive wiring from the trailer and rewired with marine romex. Lights ground to the truck not the trailer frame. Problem free.

2 Scotty Downriggers with Orca Rod holders. Both units rebuilt with new motors and terminals by Sportco Fife. Braid on both and Tuna cord lengths for weights. Easy on the hands!

2 Attwood Centric II SAS seats (BEST UPGRADE FOR MY BACK)
Original seats will go with the boat, pristine.
Pilot and Passenger foot rests
Glovebox in passenger dash
USB charger next to glovebox
Lots of rod holders
I started and maintained a logbook for everything I did. Also have an onboard three ring binder with all manuals etc.

MAINTENANCE:

I'm a maintenance guy. All the records and receipts will be in the logbook. Gas was always treated with StarTron Enzyme Treatment. Carburetor on the kicker was always bowl drained after flushing. Boat was always washed after use and motors flushed with clean water on the muffs until brought to temperature and then flushed with salt away. Trailer was also rinsed with salt away. Boat was stored inside.

Annual motor maintenance includes all fluids, motor and gear cases, all new o-ring seals, all filters, oil and gas. (Gas filters includes main tank separator plus the low pressure and high pressure on the main motor). The lower gear cases were removed every other year for inspection and changing the impeller kits (kits includes gaskets, o-rings, alignment studs, etc.). The sacrificial anodes have all been replaced, the thermostats in both motors have been replaced and waterways inspected which are pristine. All case and cowling bolts have been treated with USS Ultra Tef-Gel. (No worries of breaking bolts and studs in the lower units).

Sorry for the long write up. Pride of ownership, what can I say? If the price seems too high, the current price of a new 17SC and trailer with a 75hp Honda, no kicker, nothing else is just shy of $40K. (Which is about what I have in this boat).

Please check out the pictures in my gallery: http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=1165;u=5448

Please Personal Message me with any questions or offers. If you leave your number I will call you. Being an Arima Owner and part of this community over the past 7 years has been a blast all. Thanks for sharing the adventure!
2013 17' Sea Chaser, 90 hp Honda, 8 hp Honda Kicker. SOLD

polarbill1999

Sweet rig.  I think that is a great price for a better then new 17 chaser.  Glws
Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

wedocq

Anyone looking for a 17' SC would be crazy to pass this one up! I am sorry you are selling your boat Dave.
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

beancounter

Nice package you have there someone should be snapping this up quickly I expect.

Chief of the Boat

amazing grace

Indeed, a beautiful 17SC  for sure. Priced right too.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

dbhazjack

Thanks for your comments guys, these boats are really uniquely designed for how we fish, but I am especially bias, especially with this one. Shawn, I feel like the crazy one for selling her. Isn't this supposed to be the second happiest day?......Not feeling it.  :shrug9:

While I haven't been around the forum for a while with other distractions and focus, I really have enjoyed this group and all the help, ideas, fishing buddies, and leadership. Thank you, very very appreciated.

BayWolf

Sorry to hear about your sale, but I suppose it's what's you've decided.  I can't believe you even had to post this, as it's probably already sold.  It's absolute the perfect set up!
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

FryFish

The only problem I see is that the price should be a little higher!

Beautiful boat
1998 17' SC -- Sold
2021 17' SC - Suzuki 90hp - Yamaha F8

dbhazjack

Added a couple of pictures that I forgot:

The Factory Service Manual for the Honda 90hp - great if you're a mechanic, or great for your mechanic.

The original Arima Seats and of course the corner seats (if you use such things).

Had interest but nobody has showed up with cash yet. Still available. I would love to see an AO.com member or friend/family of one get this. Really don't want to put it on CL. Thanks Dave.

More Pictures here: http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=1165;u=5448

headduck

If you find the new owner is not so interested in the old seats, I certainly would be...mine are sun beaten and a bit rough. I'm in sequim and a short drive away...  :shrug9:

Also...my experience says a fairly priced boat goes through a few tire kickers and maybe a couple of folks who act before they get full approval.... but a grateful owner is always found.

Yours will find a good home soon.. it's a very nice boat.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

dbhazjack

Quote from: headduck on February 24, 2021, 04:48:01 PM
If you find the new owner is not so interested in the old seats, I certainly would be...mine are sun beaten and a bit rough. I'm in sequim and a short drive away...  :shrug9:

Also...my experience says a fairly priced boat goes through a few tire kickers and maybe a couple of folks who act before they get full approval.... but a grateful owner is always found.

Yours will find a good home soon.. it's a very nice boat.

I will definitely ask about the seats and let you know! They are like newish. Love Sequim, about the same annual rain totals as LA. Amazing shadow effect, unlike Gig Harbor which is mostly shadow until spring and summer!  :jester:

headduck

Thank you. We certainly enjoy it here. The Arima only make it better.  :cha:

dbhazjack

Meet Jared AKA "Grad" on the forum, proud new Arima Owner and soon to be posting fishing pics from Central CA! Super good guy, glad he got my boat, may she serve you as well as she has me my friend.  :beerchug:

Hunter

Congrats on the sale!   And welcome Jared!    Looks like you got a great deal from a totally square shooter!     
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

amazing grace

Congrats J, a beautiful  :beerchug: beautiful Arima!
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

agoodhi

Congrats!  That's a long haul back.  Gonna be launching out of Morror Bay?
'04 SR 17 | '04 Yami F115 (Apollo XHS SS 13-3/8x15) | SeaStar HC5345 | '22 Suzuki DF9.9 | OTH Pilothouse | FishOn River/Sport Arch | Lenco 9x12 tabs | Garmin Stuff | Pacific Trailer

headduck

That's a genuine smile there. Good day for sure.

Grad

Thanks everybody and Thanks Dave for a great boat!! Ya it was a long haul but not bad, beautiful scenery.  Made it home tonight, got the day off tomorrow to fish and try everything out
2012 SC17
Honda Vtec 90
Honda 8hp kicker
Central Valley

Grad

I want to start out of monterey or santa cruz.  then work my way north
2012 SC17
Honda Vtec 90
Honda 8hp kicker
Central Valley

Mooch

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

dbhazjack

Glad you made it home safe and sound Jared. Take and post some pictures, I'll look forward to seeing your adventures. And again don't hesitate to call with any question, or post here for unlimited expertise from this Arima community. It was great to meet you, you'll fit right in here!