Author Topic: 17’ Sea Chaser, moored at marina. How should I utilize shore power, bilge.  (Read 140 times)

Just curious if anyone has hard wired a receptical or some kind of marine extension cord.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 03:04:46 PM by SequimFishin »

Offline davidsea

Available in single or double short cord outlets inside the boat, uses standard (not marine) 3-prong extension cord from dock (or house) to boat.  Limited to 15 amps.
About $25 online.   I use one outlet for NOCO 2-bank smart charger, the other for Davis Airdryr.
        https://no.co/gcp2#custompopup
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda 115
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda 50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Online FishBio

Just curious if anyone has hard wired a receptical or some kind of marine extension cord.
I put in the same plug davidsea used. I tucked it way up forward through the bulkhead in the lower starboard side bin so it’s out of the weather. It supplies an outdoor-rated conduit box on the other side of the bulkhead with a couple 120v receptacles. I have a small rv fan plugged in there. My two-battery smart charger is hard wired inside the box.
Plug in a 15amp extension cord and the batteries are maintained and the fan circulates air to avoid mildew in the cabin. I love it for plugging in the boat in the driveway. Works just fine at the marina, too. Pictures to follow once the sun comes up.
1987 17’ Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,
2019 Yamaha T9.9 on Defiance fixed bracket.

Offline B-TownRanger

I love you guys. I just ordered that Noco plug. That is precisely what I needed. Also now know that I need a Davis Airdryer. I HATE how much moisture is in my boat in the winter. Even covered. I put a few of those moisture cups in, but they only do so much. Great tips!!
1989 Sea Ranger 19 - 2004 BF150 Honda

Offline disposable

i do a similar setup, groco plug and groco maintainer. mine is on my starboard sponson/"battery" panel.

and i wonder if anyone can confirm this, but i THINK you can keep some DC circuits turned on while it's plugged in, and as long as the draw is minimal/intermittent, the battery still stays full. meaning, i think you can keep your auto-bilge on, or maybe a small DC fan in the cabin...

2012 Sea Chaser 17 (custom PH)
2013 Honda 90hp

Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle