News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Mounting Electrontics

Started by 95redband, April 06, 2012, 06:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

95redband

What are some methods to mount a GPS screen to the ceiling of my 21 ft HT
Thank you in advance for the help
Bruce

GregE

Bruce,  I'm sure you'll get some help with that  ( RAM Mount or other..)  but the rule is you have to show us the ARIMA.   :wink: 

We do like seeing others boats- so WELKome to the forum.   :applause:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Old Ratty

I thought about the ceiling mount but chickened out.

Discovered that the Standard Horizon CPF300i is the PERFECT size to flush mount in the dash of my SR21 HT.  Super easy installation and it looks like part of the boat.

I'll try a photo tomorrow...

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

bigblu82

Redband,
Welcome from one newbie to another!! this site is great :applause:
I am actually looking at mounting mine up as well, however mine might be easier as I have the "skip tower" and I think I can fab up something to mount it to the support rails and not punch a hole in the top. I know that my dash is far to cluttered and moving the Radar (used in fog mostly for me) would free up a lot of room on the dash! I will post pics when I get that move done.
BB
1989 Sea Ranger 19
2015 140 hp Suzuki
2015 9.9 hp Suzuki

Old Ratty

here's the promised photo...late.

Standard Horizon CPF300i flushmounted on my SR21 HT.

The unit's internal GPS antenna works fine in this situation.  No need to add the optional external GPS antenna.

SRanger

99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)

Chuck Jones

Nice surgical job....with the additional advantage of it being out of the direct sunlight and easier to read the screen.....well done.

Liverwurst21 mounted one of his units from the cieling on the inside of his cuddy on the left side...so it can be moved to any position readable from the helm....it's on a Ram mount so it hangs down rather than the usual base up.
(91) 19' Sea Ranger HT....SOLD 5/2013
(07) 21' Sea Ranger HT.....SOLD 3/2014
(05) 21' Design Concepts ...4/20/14

I often have silent thoughts in my head, but sometimes I worry about what they're thinking