News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Davidsea

Started by Hunter, February 16, 2021, 05:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Just wanted to throw a shout-out to Davidsea who I had the extreme pleasure of meeting earlier today...  We met near Edmonds this morning so I could complete my purchase of his two new and unused XL Mustang Survival suits.   The units were exactly as described, brand spank'n new and  I was totally happy to pay the extremely fair price of $375 total for both suits....  Sometimes it might be hard to pay for something that you hope you never need to use...... but I've always been a be prepared guy and feel good knowing these are brand new suits and now stored onboard.

Bottom line is that David is a totally stand-up member here...... very experienced mariner and a wealth of information... 

Thanks again David....and always nice to meet another quality Arima forum member!   

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/mustang-survival--immersion-suit-adult-extended-size-225-325lbs--13029087?recordNum=4
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

amazing grace

1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

AP

I've really appreciated his contributions to this forum.  Lots of knowledge and wisdom in his posts.

:beerchug:

mariner

I concur he is a standup guy.  we both have the same arima in roughly the same vintage.  I have asked him a number of questions in the past and he has always taken time to provide me with detailed and thorough answers.
1999 19 Sea Ranger HT: 2018 Merc115 CT ProXS: 2018 Merc9.9 ProKicker

Markshoreline

Davidsea is an awesome guy and about the most knowledgable I've
ever known!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Mooch

Need more videos, David.  If I can't get to the Broughtons on my own, I'm happy just to boat vicariously with you.   :food:
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

beancounter

David's posts are always informative. Such a good member he should buy us all a round. :beerchug:

davidsea

I'm honored by all your kind words - Thank You!   In these times of Covid, wild weather, and political turmoil,  I'm reminded again how important interactions with real people are - and how much I appreciate the company of the ArimaOwners, even if it's done remotely.   I'm also grateful to the moderators for maintaining a site free from the divisiveness so common online.
    So far, I've met markshoreline, mooch, streamfixer, and hunter, and am looking forward to meeting more of you in person.  Better times are coming soon - stay safe.    Dave
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

GregE

Lots of good, helpful folks on this form!!
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

davidsea

Quote from: Mooch on February 16, 2021, 11:25:47 PM
Need more videos, David.  If I can't get to the Broughtons on my own, I'm happy just to boat vicariously with you.   :food:
Back by request - not much new, though.  Bad summer for boating last year.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyOhSkszb806nKXjOGn3Hog/

All videos have music and were shot in HD - adjust YouTube  Settings - Quality - HD.     

Markshoreline

Great videos, especially liked the loop through Canoe Pass! 
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Hunter

Met with David again today to pick up some gas cans that he was parting with.....  Great to meet him again and this time I was able to see his awesomely perfect 19SR HT with bulkhead.   I spent about an hour there and got the full tour of his boat and all of the awesome mods he has done.   Also met his beautiful wife and able to say hello.   

I can say without hesitation that his boat is the NICEST 19 HT that I have EVER seen.   His modifications and electrical work left me in AWE and with NO DOUBT that his 1996 vintage boat is BETTER than any new Arima...

ANYONE looking to retrofit or modify an Arima should look to David for what he has done to his boat.  It is literally WAY BETTER than new.    :beerchug: :clap: bowdown.gif
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

croaker stroker

Quote from: beancounter on February 17, 2021, 04:57:01 AM
David's posts are always informative. Such a good member he should buy us all a round. :beerchug:

I'm in !!   :party017: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Deception Pass....looks like you could just shut off your motor and float right on through.  :shrug9:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

davidsea

Quote from: croaker stroker on August 13, 2021, 08:04:43 PM

Deception Pass....looks like you could just shut off your motor and float right on through.  :shrug9:

Possible, I suppose, but highly not recommended.......would be one of those "Hey, hold my beer - and watch this!!"  moments.

fishmeister

Quote from: davidsea on August 13, 2021, 09:41:11 PM

Possible, I suppose, but highly not recommended.......would be one of those "Hey, hold my beer - and watch this!!"  moments.

:yeahthat:     :yeahthat:     :yeahthat:

If I'm going to be featured on the 5pm news broadcast, I'm going to be holding a winning lottery ticket.  Not a rescue line from a USCG helicopter.
1981 Sea Hunter (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

croaker stroker

Quote from: fishmeister on August 14, 2021, 08:17:36 AM
Quote from: davidsea on August 13, 2021, 09:41:11 PM

:yeahthat:     :yeahthat:     :yeahthat:

If I'm going to be featured on the 5pm news broadcast, I'm going to be holding a winning lottery ticket.  Not a rescue line from a USCG helicopter.

You could just kick back and wave to the helicopter while endlessly spinning in one of the whirlpools.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸