News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red 22

Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

mdj1320

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum ,just sold my bayliner 2452.it was the happiest day of my life ( been trying to sell it for 11 months ).I have been doing resurch on my next boat.then I stumbled across arimaand , found out they were made near where I live in gig harbor.I am currently working in afghanistan for the us military.I will be in the market for a used arima in the near future.I have seen some on craigslist and boat trader. I will take a look at them when I am home for vacation during thanksgiving.Thanks for all your info on arimas.

So.Cali

mdj1320, CONGRADULATIONS!! Upgrading to an Arima will be a great experience. We are passionate about these little boats, and therefor can't stop talking about them. Once you find the Arima that best suits your needs, there is a wealth of information here from upgrades to maintenance info, and some good joking around. Welcome to the board!  :party:

tjanddj

Hi All, Been lurking for awhile now. (Read almost every post) even sent out a couple pm's. Bought my 1st REAL boat a couple weeks ago, 1990 Sea Hunter :dance: And we love it  :biggrin: We look forward to all helpful tips and even streamer's  :wink: not so helpful ones. Well lets see,  We live at Lake Cushman (Hoodsport Wa) About 45Min's from Rebait . hint hint . We haven't done a lot of salt water fishing. but really want to learn. Hood Canal is 5 miles away. Moved up here two years ago when my bride retired (I'm on disability, bad knees).
    Sea Hunter is beautiful, 40hp Johnson (yes a Keith) and a  6hp Johnson kicker.  pretty bare bones so it will take a little while as we are on a fixed budget. Did get the most important upgrades PORT A POTTY  and a dam ladder. Also sprung for smart tabs and a cover. That's  pretty much it, Look forward to all tips and helpful suggestions. even yours   croaker.  I have proof in my gallery.   Dennis and Trudy :fishing:

Red 22

Welcome tj and dj, also wish to welcome mdj1320 ... are you related?
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

CoolBreeze

Hello from Vancouver Island.  I'm researching the purchase of an Arima, and thought this would be the best place to get real world information and reviews. The more I learn about the Arimas, the more I like.  The pack a lot into them!

CB

Critters

Hello
Have been a member on the other site and for some reason just did not sign up.  Have been reading both sites for 3 or 4 years.
About 4 years ago i got a 1990 sea hunter to fish with and use as a skiff.  A year later traded it for a 1990 19 Sea Ranger HT. 
The HT works better for what I want to do.
See you on or around Puget Sound
Mark

Seattleflyfisher

Hey Mark, we are glad to have you officially :yeahthat:

SFF

Salmon King

PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

amazing grace

Hey Mark, welcome. 19ht for a 15sh. Now that was a good trade :food:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

GregE

Quote from: tjanddj on October 29, 2013, 11:46:33 AM
Hi All, Been lurking for awhile now. (Read almost every post) even sent out a couple pm's. Bought my 1st REAL boat a couple weeks ago, 1990 Sea Hunter :dance: And we love it  :biggrin: We look forward to all helpful tips and even streamer's  :wink: not so helpful ones. Well lets see,  We live at Lake Cushman (Hoodsport Wa) About 45Min's from Rebait . hint hint . We haven't done a lot of salt water fishing. but really want to learn. Hood Canal is 5 miles away. Moved up here two years ago when my bride retired (I'm on disability, bad knees).
    Sea Hunter is beautiful, 40hp Johnson (yes a Keith) and a  6hp Johnson kicker.  pretty bare bones so it will take a little while as we are on a fixed budget. Did get the most important upgrades PORT A POTTY  and a dam ladder. Also sprung for smart tabs and a cover. That's  pretty much it, Look forward to all tips and helpful suggestions. even yours   croaker.  I have proof in my gallery.   Dennis and Trudy :fishing:

Hmmmmmmm, hints are sometimes missed....   :wink:   how can we help?
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

ArimaGraphics

Hi,

My name is Don. I am the graphics and marketing director for Defiance & Arima Boats. I'm looking forward to learning and growing in this community. Right now we're getting ready for January's Seattle Boat Show. If you're there, please stop by and say Hi.

Thank you!

Don Melendez

Threeweight

Welcome, Don!  Great to have more Defiance folks on the board!

Love that new pilot house!
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

ArimaGraphics

Thanks Threeweight! Yeah that's a pic of the Hard Top Sea Ranger. Very nice boat!

CanvasGuy

Nice new Ranger picture there  Don,,

Welcome to our little Arima spot
on the web..

CG,BE, Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

ArimaGraphics

Thank you CanvasGuy! I should post some pics of Arimas in production. I love the smell of a brand new boat.

CoolBreeze

Welcome Don. I'm new to the community too but really like these Arimas. Are there plans in the works for a new Arima website to go along with the new catalogue? I'm sure folks here would have lots of useful suggestions.

Papajames

I am in my second month as an Arima owner.  bought a 17' sea chaser with a 90 E-Tec and a Yamaha kicker.  I will try and figure out how to post pics and will put up a pic of the boat.

amazing grace

Welcome PJ, Another satisfed E-Tec owner no doubt. The list is growing and many are seeing the light! Congrats on the boat. Sounds like a real gem.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

El Lobo

Hi Everyone.
I purchased the 2001 Arima HT 19' Sea Ranger that was listed for sale a couple of months ago in Florence, Oregon. I had been looking for an Arima in top condition and the original owner had taken very good care of it, so I am very pleased with my purchase.
I currently live in the Banana Belt of the world - Brookings, Oregon and have been a resident here for 26 years. The port of Brookings is the safest port in Oregon, so we do a lot of fishing for bottom fish - blacks, Lings, Cabezone and also the occasional Pacific halibut as well as Petrale sole and Sanddabs. Dungeness crab are available and this adds to our treats.
We also fish in other areas of Oregon including Odell lake & Crescent lake for kokanee & Lake of the woods.
Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself & say "hi".
2001 19' Sea Ranger HT w 2001 115 HO Yamaha & 2001 8HP High Thrust Yamaha, Furuno GP-7000F GPS WAAS Chartplotter, 2001 Furuno 1715 Marine Radar, 2013 Lowrance Elite 5 DSI, Standard Horizon CP150 Chartplotter plus VHF & CB radios.

GregE

WELKome aboard.  Post up some pictures soon....

WE spent a night in Brookings on the way to pick our SR 21 in N CA.   I really like that area and hope it isn't another 40 years before we get back down..

Use the procedures in the linked thread
http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=130.0
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

fishorcrab

Welcome aboard.  Maybe we'll run into each other at Odell and you can show me how to catch the wily kokanee.  We were there in August and all we could catch was lake trout.  Went there to catch kokanee.

Paul

SC16 Yamaha 4s 90
SP17 Honda 4s 90  - Croaker made me do it. :)

Tom Mac

Welcome PJ you will love your Arima, right on more Islanders!
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

STEVESKLT250

Hi everyone,
I am a new Arima owner although we had one in the family when I was a kid (15 Sea Hunter w/Merc 80).  My uncle also has one that will be mine someday when he can no longer use it (1990 19' SR HT w/2006 150 E-tec).  The one I just got is a 1996 15' 11" SC with a 2003 Suzuki DF70.  I got it from an older neighbor that no longer used it and wanted to see it put to good use.  It hadn't run in 6 years and had been stored with Ethanol gas that pretty much destroyed the entire fuel system...pretty painful considering the motor had 110hrs on it :doh:!  I went through everything and basically replaced/rebuilt the entire fuel system myself and she is running like new.  Hours of cleaning and buffing later, she looks like new too.  She got used this summer on the Columbia for bouy 10 Kings and Edmonds Coho.  The kids also love having a tubing machine for the lake on those hot summer days!  I have attached a couple before and after pics, glad to join the Arima community and hopefully I will see you on the water.  P.S.  I won't tell you how much she cost me since it will probably make everyone cry, needless to say, I was blessed with a good deal! :dance:
'96 16 SC, 2003 Suzuki DF70, 2006 Tohatsu 6, HDS5 and Elite4x

amazing grace

Very nice Steve. Sounds like you did well on many level's. Congrats on the boat and being able to bring her back to life. I like your package a lot. Welcome aboard :arms:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler