News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidsea

At the very top of the site bar, above ArimaOwners.com, enter 'arima decals' in the search window and hit the search tab  -  lots of info there.
  Or just go your own way.......

logo 19.JPG

I would avoid replacing the pinstripe above the gunwale and putting the Arima logo in the stock location below  - both of those tend to get beat up pretty quickly.
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

A_Jensen

Thank you davidsea for the 'how to' on searching for these, that really helps me out.
Now if we can get a decent opening for salmon fishing this year..  :gone_fishing:

Yachter Yat

Quote from: A_Jensen on April 10, 2024, 08:41:33 AMNow if we can get a decent opening for salmon fishing this year..  :gone_fishing:

Hey Jensen:  There might be 'one' way for you to get your wish.  I don't know how you'd feel about it, but it might involve marrying a cute native Alaskan girl. :facepalm:
  HEY........I said "CUTE"....didn't I?  :jester:

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

VinnyB

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Arima family. I bought a 1996 Sea Chaser 1511 in January and have been working hard renovating it in preparation for halibut season here in the SF bay. I've been lurking and using your advice for various projects. Now that the boat is ready to fish, I think I'm ready to contribute.
Cheers,
VinnyB

A_Jensen

Quote from: Yachter Yat on April 10, 2024, 12:24:00 PM
Quote from: A_Jensen on April 10, 2024, 08:41:33 AMNow if we can get a decent opening for salmon fishing this year..  :gone_fishing:

Hey Jensen:  There might be 'one' way for you to get your wish.  I don't know how you'd feel about it, but it might involve marrying a cute native Alaskan girl. :facepalm:
  HEY........I said "CUTE"....didn't I?  :jester:

Yat

LOL, I actually spent the first 16 years of my life in SE Alaska. My dad used to give me that advice all the time in a friendly sorta way.
Alaska was still a territory when I was born there so even if I divorced my wife of nearly 40 years, the thought of another woman still telling me I'm wrong just doesn't seem worth it.  :circling_shark:

A_Jensen

Welcome VinnyB,
I'm a newby here myself, but the natives seem friendly.  :beerchug:
Nice and clean looking set-up you have there, and congrats on your choice of boats!
Just be careful with any 60# plus Halibut,, I highy recommend a 3/8" line thru the mouth and gills and tied with a bow to the tail to prevent them from creating unneeded havoc in your boat. Of course cutting their gills to bleed them out after a strong smack to the head is always best.

Enjoy the fishing on your Arima!  :fishing:

Batsquatch

VinnyB,
Now that's a clean looking boat!  Good job and welcome to the board.   :beerchug:

Jeff
Jeff a.k.a Batsquatch
Formerly 19' Sea Ranger
Currently Wellcraft Coastal 270

Yachter Yat

Jensen:  Just want to welcome you aboard. Also, I should really congratulate you for passing the "test" with flying colors, meaning.....how gracefully you responded to my pitiful excuse for a joke. :jester:  Here's hoping we get to hear much more about your boat and future adventures.

All the best, Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

VinnyB

Quote from: A_Jensen on April 10, 2024, 04:34:34 PMJust be careful with any 60# plus Halibut...

Cool, thanks for the heads-up! Glad to be aboard and have been loving the boat.

I just learned about these "California halibut" when I moved down here. They move into SF bay in the spring and summer. They are a different species from the Pacific halibut and don't get as big (the state record is 67#). I troll for them exactly how I use to troll for salmon up in Oregon: shortbus flasher and cutplug herring. And you catch them in 15-25' of water. It's pretty awesome. I picked this one up this morning.

A_Jensen

Hey Vinny,
Congrats on the halibut and getting out on your boat. Mmmm, the thought of freshly caught halibut cooked in butter gives true meaning to the words "chicken of the sea".
Sure wish those buts were that easy to catch around here in Puget Sound.  :fishing:

2% Irish

Hi,
Thanks for the inclusion. Proud owner of a 1990 Sea Sprinter. Hoping to get tips and info on upgrading and trouble shooting issues that may arise.

15' 1990 Arima Sea Spinter
30' 1978 Hunter
13' 1968 Boston Whaler Sport
16' 1971 Boston Whaler Nauset

Jamesonm

:cha:

Howdy all! Checking in from Vancouver Island!

Will be on the lookout for a nice Arima in the near future and can't wait to join the team! Happy fishing!

J

fishmeister

Quote from: Jamesonm on April 15, 2024, 07:00:53 PM:cha:

Howdy all! Checking in from Vancouver Island!

Will be on the lookout for a nice Arima in the near future and can't wait to join the team! Happy fishing!

J

We're always looking to help someone spend their money.  If you have ideas as to which model/length you're looking for, let us know.  If you're not sure, let us know what your interests are (cruising, camping in the boat, etc.)  For fishing, info about what species and saltwater vs. freshwater help too.
1981 Sea Hunter (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

Jamesonm

We're always looking to help someone spend their money.  If you have ideas as to which model/length you're looking for, let us know.  If you're not sure, let us know what your interests are (cruising, camping in the boat, etc.)  For fishing, info about what species and saltwater vs. freshwater help too.
[/quote]

My wife and I both love fishing -- we were gifted a little runabout but it just isn't seaworthy. We've had it out but every time it makes me nervous, so it's time to get into something reliable.

We're still debating the 17 or 19 in the SC or SR and whether or not we want a HT. We have a small shop that I believe would only facilitate a soft top, so that may end up being the deciding factor there. We'll be targeting salmon and hali around the Victoria area, as well as some touring around the various islands and just leisure cruising.

She really likes the SR 19 HT. Cheers everyone! I've been watching the market for a while now and will probably end up making the trip across the Can/US border as there's a lot more supply there.

Cheers!

fishmeister

Quote from: Jamesonm on April 16, 2024, 11:55:44 AMWe're always looking to help someone spend their money.  If you have ideas as to which model/length you're looking for, let us know.  If you're not sure, let us know what your interests are (cruising, camping in the boat, etc.)  For fishing, info about what species and saltwater vs. freshwater help too.

My wife and I both love fishing -- we were gifted a little runabout but it just isn't seaworthy. We've had it out but every time it makes me nervous, so it's time to get into something reliable.

We're still debating the 17 or 19 in the SC or SR and whether or not we want a HT. We have a small shop that I believe would only facilitate a soft top, so that may end up being the deciding factor there. We'll be targeting salmon and hali around the Victoria area, as well as some touring around the various islands and just leisure cruising.

She really likes the SR 19 HT. Cheers everyone! I've been watching the market for a while now and will probably end up making the trip across the Can/US border as there's a lot more supply there.

Cheers!

[/quote]

Here's one that was just recently posted here AND I believe it's already on your side of the border.

https://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=25153.0
1981 Sea Hunter (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

Playin Hooky

Quote from: 2% Irish on April 14, 2024, 10:07:18 AMHi,
Thanks for the inclusion. Proud owner of a 1990 Sea Sprinter. Hoping to get tips and info on upgrading and trouble shooting issues that may arise.

15' 1990 Arima Sea Spinter

Welcome!  I picked up a 2004 Sprinter in July of 2022 and with the help of several members here revamped all of the old wiring and added some goodies.  Check out my gallery and let me know if you have any questions.   
2004 Arima 15' Sea Sprinter, 2004 Suzuki 70
1999 Chaparral Signature 27 (Sold and told the wife I'd never to buy another boat; Oops!)
1990 Trophy 2159 (long gone)