News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La-Z-Buoy

Welcome jbw.  Best year regarding ride quality? Except for a minor change in the depth of the chine (?) I think in the mid/late 90's, the hulls have remained the same. That change basically somewhat improved the spray over the rails when cruising. So if you were to ride in a 87 17Sea Chaser it would ride just like a new one. Good luck on your search. What size are you looking for? As far as ride quality goes, bigger is better.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Ko Ho

Yamaha, Honda, Tohatsu mechanic? I think you're going to be very popular.
2006 17 Sea Chaser, Twin Yamaha 40's

Gary B

Welcome, and where did you say you lived? We love (good) mechanics!

rasslingref

Quote from: Gary B on September 02, 2018, 02:10:49 PM
   Welcome, and where did you say you lived? We love (good) mechanics!
Yeah that. Welcome and boy do we have questions for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

Rippinlips

Hello
New member here and first time owner of Arima. Our boat is currently in factory being built with hopes of delivery next week. 2019 17 ft Sea Ranger.  Thanks for the add. Lots of information to learn on here.
2019 Sea Ranger 17ft
Honda 115hp
Honda 8hp

croaker stroker

Welcome RippinLips !!   :beerchug:  Nice Christmas Present !! 🎅🏻
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

JDB

Morning all,
     So I've been an Arima owner for months now, communicated a few times (thanks Hydroman and AP).  Shared a bit of my strange and humorous idiosyncrasies.  As indicated below, I've got a 21 SR skip top that has already taken my Pop(omopolous -aka Kerrblam) my boy, and several friends out fishing, crabbing or just tubing out behind the boat. 
     I'm an administrative/technical support employee with state government, no type of formal boat/motor/structural assistance available here, and skills from my first job lend themselves more towards more admin stuff with a few fieldcraft type bits of knowledge suitable for hunting big game (which I do).
      Thanks for the friendly and welcoming community.
     JDB
'04 21 SR Skip '24 Merc 150 4S ProXS 04 Honda BF8
'19 Lund Fury 16SS '19 30HP ETEC

Action Front!

Mooch

Welcome aboard boyz.  More the merrier.
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Fisherdv

Quote from: Rippinlips on December 14, 2018, 12:04:22 AM
Hello
New member here and first time owner of Arima. Our boat is currently in factory being built with hopes of delivery next week. 2019 17 ft Sea Ranger.  Thanks for the add. Lots of information to learn on here.
Congratulations! Your going to love that new boat smell :biggrin:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Rippinlips

2019 Sea Ranger 17ft
Honda 115hp
Honda 8hp

Rippinlips

2019 Sea Ranger 17ft
Honda 115hp
Honda 8hp

DevMah

Welcome
And nice boat congrats

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Red 22

Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

Fisherdv

I love those SS downrigger mount rails  :applause: I almost got those for mine. I probably will soon though.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Dakar

Hello folks,

I'm Jon Auster, showing "Dakar" on log-in.  I recently purchased a 1990 17 Sea Chaser in very nice condition and look forward to many fine launches.  I've envied Arimas for years and had boats for 25 years, mostly fishing the NW waters.  I fish more than I catch and for me that's just more time on the water.  I work in Diagnostic Medical Imaging, and while it's a challenge there's nothing like the physical challenge and connection to boats and water. I look forward to sharing some of your experiences and Arima wisdom.
1990 17' Sea Chaser

Fair winds and following seas!

Danno

Quote from: Dakar on January 04, 2019, 07:31:55 AM
Hello folks,

I'm Jon ...

Welcome Jon. Glad to see we got your login issues resolved.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Dakar

I really appreciate your quick response.  Many thanks!
1990 17' Sea Chaser

Fair winds and following seas!

Zagman

Hi All... Joined this site in 2018, but have been a lurker since, so I thought I better do the introduction thing and join in the fray.  Bought an SR17/90Honda and then upsized to an SR19/140Suzuki. Just purchased an SL22/150 Honda and its sitting there in Mt Vernon waiting for me to pick it up in April.  I fished the SR19 in the sea at San Carlos, MX last winter and am looking forward to bringing the SL22 down next winter to try for some Yellowtail.  Meanwhile I will take it to Neah Bay or Uclulet, BC this summer and try it out.  From what I am reading about it, it will be a great boat.  I just hope my Ram 5.7 Hemi will do a good job of pulling it.  Bought some starboard from Beliinda and made some cute little improvements to the SR19. I will post some pictures when I return home.  Oh yea by the way...it will be for sale.  Love Arimas, but can't keep two of them.  Also, I have gotten some great tips from this site. Keep them coming.  :shark:

StreamFixer

YEA!!!  Zagman got his log in issues resolved.   WOW!!!  17 to 19 to 22 in quick order.  Not much suffering 2 (or would that be 5) footitis.  Welcome aboard.  The unwritten rule here is if there are no pictures, it likely didn't happen.  You will find tips on uploading photos here http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=130.0

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Zagman

Thanks...  Sorry about the pictures.  They are at home in Spokane on my desktop.  Will catch up and send them when we return. 

LakeHouse4305

Hello - - I joined this site last year after "discovering" Arimas. We live in the Midwest and I had been looking for a cuddy cabin and/or pilothouse boat to offer some weather protection. Over a year or so I checked out C-Dorys, Rossboroughs, Rangers and a few others. The Arima met all my criteria: decent sized cuddy, reasonable price, not too heavy for trailering, moved well with mid-sized outboard, easy handling, etc.

I checked out the "Boats for Sale" section almost every day for over six months and late last year it finally paid off. There was a 2001 21 SR HT for sale at a good price. And amazingly enough it was located near my brother in Florida. He was able to do the deal for me and is now babysitting the boat for me until I can pick it up after the snow melts (and since it's 2 degrees outside right now that seems like a long way away!!)

So thanks to everyone for the great insights! I can hardly wait to get my boat and look forward to learning more about Arimas!!!  :mememe:

Hydroman

Welcome Aboard, now the long winter wait. Like a kid waiting for Santa.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

Mooch

Welcome Zagman and LakeHouse.  From your intro's you both get around and will have a lots to share with the group in the future.  Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

GregE

"  Love Arimas, but can't keep two of them."

OK, Zagman- where is that written?!?!?  Several of us are in trouble...

And congrats on the quick rise to SL land.  We'll send the secret password After we see pictures. 
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Scottjohnson59

Hello, I'm new to this site and Arima ownership. My name is Scott and I live in the Milton area. I just bought a 19 sea chaser HT It was custom built in 1992 it is powered with a 225 Yamaha a 9.9 with tr1-gold and more electronics than any one man can ever learn to use.... should be the most awesome fishing boat I've ever owned, and I have had some nice boats looking forward to fishing this one.
Scott in Milton
19 Sea Chaser skip top 1994
150 Yamaha 2019 9.9 Yamaha 2020
Furuno Radar and Never Again Garmin electronics