News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neild

Quote from: MillwrightMike on October 18, 2017, 11:57:56 AM
Hello, new member here in Delta BC just south of Vancouver.

We bought a 1987 Arima Sea Explorer 16 from forum member Gerald.

My wife and I have a young son and I was drawn to the safety aspect of Arimas, and the lack of structural issues (I've done stringers and transoms on other boats and did not want to repeat that).

Have several winter projects in mind (new canvas, kicker bracket, replace/repair the wood panels) and we are looking forward to using it to do some fishing and weekend cruising/camping.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I bought my 19' Sea Ranger last April and spent most of the summer rebuilding it. I remade all the wood panels, did a full rewire, repowered, re gelcoat on the hull, I could go on... This winter I'm making new seating and reinstalling a fresh water system.

The forum has soooo much info for repairs and unique mods.
It's good to see a new Arima neighbour, I'm just up in Burnaby so let me know if you have any questions on work I've done, or on your projects.

-Neil
Allons-y!
1991 19' SR
2017 140 Suzuki

DevMah

Welcome

Mike

I'm also your neighbor in New Westminster...nice pictures

Dev.
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

GregE

Quote from: PugetScott on September 25, 2017, 06:32:24 AM
Thanks Croaker. There is quite a wealth of knowledge here.

The amount of money I want to spend goes up Everytime I get further in the Tips and Tricks area.

Thankfully my new-to-me Arima doesn't "need" much of anything. But lots of stuff I want!

Buyers get focused on price- but as some sage Arima Owners have pointed out - an $18K boat that needs $12K of improvements (and the time to do them) is not a bargain.  Reference the old wiring all on one post done by the dealer ( Not Arima- they sell the boat for the dealer to mount engine, trailer, electrical etc and owners often seek shortcuts)

This needs an "after" also.  the steering cable n front is gone since the Baystar was installed

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

crosscurrents

Hi, new here.
Have an old (1988) 16' Sea Explorer.
Does anyone know where I can find some of those little clips that the bumpers hang on?

Just had the 75hp gone through, ordered a new top and an electric winch and currently buffing the hull...keeps me off the streets.
Jeff

GregE

Welcome CC. Store recommendation would be easier if we knew where you are   :shrug9:

Sportco in Fife for fender hanger clips if your in this area

Buffing is a good winter project.  got some before/ after pics?
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

croaker stroker

Welcome to everyone I didn't say Welcome to.   :arms:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

crosscurrents

Thanks, will try to order online.
Hail from Vanc WA.
Anyone you know of have a line on the old Arima stickers? Belinda said someone here might have some still.
No before pictures but it isn't too bad, just dull.

GregE

West Marine on Hayden Island will have the clips

tell them if this is a new to you boat-  they have a "new boat special"

Fisheries Marine at Delta Park will have them also
Greg

crosscurrents

Even better! When the roads thaw some I will go. Might get the swim ladder too. That is a terrific application.

OnA

Good grief crosscurrents.  Is that a picture of a treble hook stuck in a hand?

GregE

Yep    :bigshock:

That deserves a separate explanation thread.  Learn from the mistakes of others.......
Greg

maitoitu

Hi everyone. New to the group. This is a great site. I am from Santa Cruz California. Moved to Depoe Bay Oregon about 15 years ago. Sold my 25 Proline last year due to health problems just couldn't Handle it alone anymore. I haven't been without a boat for 50 years. I was raised on the ocean and I missed not having one.
I have always liked Arimas so I started a search and actually found one in Lincoln City. It is a 1989 17 foot SC with a 2006 Yamaha 90 hp  with only 44 hours on the meter. It  has a new trailer and a new top and and all new canvas. I think I am going to love it.Just needs a good cleaning and a good buff job.  Thanks for having me. Gene  AKA MAI-TOI
1989 17SC 2006 YAMAHA 90

Hydroman

Welcome to the group, hope you enjoy you new boat.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

La-Z-Buoy

Just up the road from me. Welcome Gene. Have fun with that Bar. And watch out for the whales  :bigshock:  !
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

BigO

Hello, I am a former Seattleite, now living in coastal Georgia.  We do not currently own an Arima, but are shopping for one.  No rush in searching, we love our current boat, but it is a center console, and we want something a little more protected from the wind and spray, and something we can camp on a night or two.  This seems like a good place for researching and shopping.  Thanks!
23' Caribiana Sea Skiff w/ F60
Shopping for a 19' Ranger/Chaser

amazing grace

Welcome BigO, being both an Arima and C-Dory owner. In the size you are looking for don't rule out the C-Dory. Very similar and more of them there and the surrounding states. Best of luck.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

BigO

Quote from: amazing grace on April 11, 2018, 09:55:09 AM
Welcome BigO, being both an Arima and C-Dory owner. In the size you are looking for don't rule out the C-Dory. Very similar and more of them there and the surrounding states. Best of luck.

Thank you.  You are right, the C-Dory's are MUCH more plentiful down here, and I do love them.  We had one when I was a kid.  I love them as much as the Arima's!  But I am looking for a soft-top Arima, due to trailer height clearance.  My current boat and previous boat have both been kept in the garage, and that makes it 10x's easier to clean and maintain.  I have gotten spoiled, and just don't think I can own another boat that doesn't fit in the garage.
23' Caribiana Sea Skiff w/ F60
Shopping for a 19' Ranger/Chaser

Mooch

Welcome aboard BigO.   A man who knows what he wants will certainly find it.  Enjoy the search, the Intercoastal and your stay here.  Pics when you find it.  ;)
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Islandlife

Hello everyone, I live on Sauvie Island in Portland Oregon, I purchased a 1987 17 Sea Chaser last fall after looking at arimas for a couple years. I found the boat in a barn in Scio and other than old electronics and no top the boat is perfect, it has a 89 90hp Mercury and came with a 03 8hp Merc. I've fished out of a 22ft Alumaweld for the last 20 yrs and still have it so I pulled my 2016 8hp Yamaha of my sled and put it on the arima, so next is the 2018 90hp Yamaha and I'll be done. The 90 merc  runs perfect but I think I'll repower before going outside. The trailer is 2 years old so I'm really happy with my purchase, the seller wanted $7000 and I made him a $5000 offer and 3 days later he said come get it. I got a great setup for a great price.
87 17 Sea Chaser
92 90hp Mercury
2016 8hp Yamaha

Speedbump

Nice!  Welcome aboard Islandlife!  Sounds like a great boat, but as many will say..."didn't happen without pictures"...let's see it brother!
'21 HT Sea Ranger, twin 90 ETEC's

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Islandlife

I guess since I can't post photos in my posts nothing matters, I'll quit posting :shrug9:
87 17 Sea Chaser
92 90hp Mercury
2016 8hp Yamaha

Fisherdv

Welcome Islandlife, you will be very happy you joined this forum. Lots of great people here. You will love that Yamaha 90. BUT, we WILL need photos of it when it's on your boat :beerchug:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Gary B

HI,
     I'm Gary B and I got my SE last August but have fishing on it for 5 seasons before I bought it from my friend. Now that is mine I've gotten a newer trailer, swapped out the tail lights to LEDs and just finished putting LEDs under the gunrails for those early mornings. And lots more... Check out the deck at night.  OK never mind all my pictures are around 271 MB and don't know how to make them smaller...
I can post a picture of my last Salmon so no boat pics but at least I can post pictures

Also I'm looking for a new top/front for the cooler mornings. I'm in Santa Cruz, California and fish the Monterey Bay.

16' Sea explorer
22' Hurricane

SB Steve

Quote from: Islandlife on April 27, 2018, 09:06:51 PM
I guess since I can't post photos in my posts nothing matters, I'll quit posting :shrug9:
Add photos to your gallery.  Then click on one and copy the link at the bottom which you can paste into your posts.