Author Topic: Welcome! Introduce Yourself  (Read 187596 times)

Offline neild

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1300 on: December 09, 2017, 11:41:49 PM »
Hello, new member here in Delta BC just south of Vancouver.

We bought a 1987 Arima Sea Explorer 16 from forum member Gerald.

My wife and I have a young son and I was drawn to the safety aspect of Arimas, and the lack of structural issues (I've done stringers and transoms on other boats and did not want to repeat that).

Have several winter projects in mind (new canvas, kicker bracket, replace/repair the wood panels) and we are looking forward to using it to do some fishing and weekend cruising/camping.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I bought my 19' Sea Ranger last April and spent most of the summer rebuilding it. I remade all the wood panels, did a full rewire, repowered, re gelcoat on the hull, I could go on... This winter I'm making new seating and reinstalling a fresh water system.

The forum has soooo much info for repairs and unique mods.
It's good to see a new Arima neighbour, I'm just up in Burnaby so let me know if you have any questions on work I've done, or on your projects.

-Neil
Allons-y!
91 19' SR
90 120HP Johnson 2stroke

Offline DevMah

« Reply #1301 on: December 29, 2017, 06:39:27 PM »
Welcome

Mike

I’m also your neighbor in New Westminster...nice pictures

Dev.
2015 21' Sea Ranger
2015 Yamaha F150
2013 Mercury 9.9 Bigfoot 4 blade
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Offline GregE

« Reply #1302 on: December 29, 2017, 10:02:52 PM »
Thanks Croaker. There is quite a wealth of knowledge here.

The amount of money I want to spend goes up Everytime I get further in the Tips and Tricks area.

Thankfully my new-to-me Arima doesn't "need" much of anything. But lots of stuff I want!

Buyers get focused on price- but as some sage Arima Owners have pointed out - an $18K boat that needs $12K of improvements (and the time to do them) is not a bargain.  Reference the old wiring all on one post done by the dealer ( Not Arima- they sell the boat for the dealer to mount engine, trailer, electrical etc and owners often seek shortcuts)

This needs an "after" also.  the steering cable n front is gone since the Baystar was installed

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:20:59 PM by GregE »
Greg
Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT; SL 22 Honda 225
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:  Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat;
SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

« Reply #1303 on: Today at 04:55:37 PM »
Hi, new here.
Have an old (1988) 16' Sea Explorer.
Does anyone know where I can find some of those little clips that the bumpers hang on?

Just had the 75hp gone through, ordered a new top and an electric winch and currently buffing the hull...keeps me off the streets.
Jeff