News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker stroker

If you are looking for help with your boat, it helps to have the specifics of your boat, motor, trailer in your signature. Also helps to know your location and type of fishing you do. (Or other use, like cruising)
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

soultrain

Thanks Diablo, Bean Counter, and Croaker Stroker..I hashed out my trailer short issues and now I'm going to take that 3hr safety course and get title transferred on boat and trailer$$$$
" A man's got to know his limitations"

2007 Arima Sea Chaser w/King saltwater Trailer
Tacoma, Wa
First Time Boat Owner

Bobbydog

Hi all,

I'm new to the Arima family.  After 40 years of living in Oregon and having various ski boats my wife and I moved back to the Puget Sound area.  At my age getting drug around behind a ski boat was not in my future.  I had heard that Arima made a great boat for fishing and crabbing on the Sound so I finally found one for me.  I'm happy to say I'm now a proud owner of a 16 foot Sea Chaser.

Hopefully, you all can give me pointers.

Bobbydog
2012 Arima Sea Chaser 16

New to the Arima family, but looking forward to a long relationship.

Danno

Quote from: Bobbydog on August 24, 2017, 05:31:19 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to the Arima family.  After 40 years of living in Oregon and having various ski boats my wife and I moved back to the Puget Sound area.  At my age getting drug around behind a ski boat was not in my future.  I had heard that Arima made a great boat for fishing and crabbing on the Sound so I finally found one for me.  I'm happy to say I'm now a proud owner of a 16 foot Sea Chaser.

Hopefully, you all can give me pointers.

Bobbydog

Welcome Boddydog! My first pointer is to go fishing ASAP. Even if you don't catch anything, you will enjoy it.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

AndyC

I purchased a 1989 16' Sea Explorer this time last year, my first Arima.  It now has my 2016 Honda 60 on it, and I've slowly been replacing some old parts on it. Just got back from fishing out of Newport and Astoria, boat handles great. I really love this site, so many helpful tips.

Photo from last weekend at Lake Granby, Colorado

2004 Sea Ranger 19'
1989 Sea Explorer 16' (sold)

GregE

AO is a special site made so by the helpful members.

Nice morning run pic, Andy.  Share some more with us     :arms:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Yachter Yat

Andy, welcome.  Exact same Honda as on my 16 SC.  I'm sure you're going to like that combo.

Have fun,  Yat
You'll know your married, when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

PugetScott

Hello folks!  My name is Scott and I just picked up my first Arima.

1990s Sea Ranger 19 Hardtop with a Yamaha 115hp 2 stroke and Yamaha 9.9hp 4 stroke.

Super excited to play with this little girl and do some salmon fishing on the Puget Sound!   :fishing: :party: :biggrin:
1990 Sea Ranger 19 Hardtop
1995 Yamaha 115 two stroke
2001 Yamaha 9.9 four stroke

GregE

WELKome aboard Scott.  Looking forward to some pictures and fishing reports
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Sean

I've been waiting to join this group almost as long as I've been waiting to become an Arima owner. Well today is the day I'm a proud owner of a 19ft ranger and can't wait to get it out on some fish!

Chief of the Boat

Sean,
Did you snag the one in Olympia? 
Welcome Aboard!

croaker stroker

Wow. Lots of new Arima Owners. Welcome to the group !!   :arms:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

PugetScott

Thanks Croaker. There is quite a wealth of knowledge here.

The amount of money I want to spend goes up Everytime I get further in the Tips and Tricks area.

Thankfully my new-to-me Arima doesn't "need" much of anything. But lots of stuff I want!
1990 Sea Ranger 19 Hardtop
1995 Yamaha 115 two stroke
2001 Yamaha 9.9 four stroke

Crackerbox

Bumbler

Hey!  My name is Matt I live in Astoria, Oregon and after 17 years with a 19 foot Alumaweld I finally made the upgrade to a 2016 21' SR HT. Big motor is Yamaha 200 and the kicker is a 9.9. Looking forward to extending my range in ocean fishing, even tuna if they decide to come closer than this year!

From fishing springers in the Columbia River to spot prawns out of Keyport. I'm ecstatic that this Arima will be a great choice!

Matt

2016 SR 21 HT "Sea Bumbler"
Yamaha 200xb
Yamaha 9.9
Simrad Go9 XSE

CanvasGuy

Very welcome Matt,
hope you are a  regular here ,,,, its quite addicting 

feel free to share your pics and stories..have FUN..
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Dbobby23

Beautiful boat. Welcome to the group
1983 seahunter
2004 yamaha f8
2007 yamaha f60 efi

GregE

wELKome aboard!!   :arms:

I like the green 'step' over the fenders, going to try that. The plastic fender doesn't support my 210# very well
Greg

Bumbler

Actually those came off as neither side matched and the wood was getting a bit soft.  Still a pretty easy boat to get in and out of on the trailer.

Matt
2016 SR 21 HT "Sea Bumbler"
Yamaha 200xb
Yamaha 9.9
Simrad Go9 XSE

JHpls

Hello. I am a new, or at least new to me Arima owner. 1995 17' Sea Ranger. Couldn't be happier with my boat, of course had a few large credit card bills along the way but all is in great shape now! New top, a lot of elbow grease and a few motor parts, well a lot of motor parts... I followed your site for a year or two before I made my purchase. Great information and great boats! :smile1:
1995 17' Sea Ranger
2008 90hp Honda
8hp Honda

GregE

JH, WELKome aboard.

You've been reading for a year?  so where are the pictures??   :shrug9:
Greg

JHpls

short story is they are at the bottom of puget sound :hoboy:...I'll down load some from my new phone and post. Never put your phone in a loose pocket while getting in a kayak from your Arima while it's on a mooring buoy...
1995 17' Sea Ranger
2008 90hp Honda
8hp Honda

JHpls

Edmonds, Area 10
1995 17' Sea Ranger
2008 90hp Honda
8hp Honda

GregE

We'll certainly forgive you for that..  :bigshock:

Set that boat free........ :arms:
Greg

MillwrightMike

Hello, new member here in Delta BC just south of Vancouver.

We bought a 1987 Arima Sea Explorer 16 from forum member Gerald.

My wife and I have a young son and I was drawn to the safety aspect of Arimas, and the lack of structural issues (I've done stringers and transoms on other boats and did not want to repeat that).

Have several winter projects in mind (new canvas, kicker bracket, replace/repair the wood panels) and we are looking forward to using it to do some fishing and weekend cruising/camping.

Mike