News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhil12

Congratulations SB Steve. I am new here too, but it is a very helpful, friendly group. I, like you have not owned a boat for many years. My wife and I are just getting back into boating, and very excited to do so. Would love to see some pictures of your boat.
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

SB Steve

I have one in my gallery...still trying to figure out how to post pictures from it :smile1: 

Diablo

Welcome to both.
Steve go to your gallery, select the photo you want to post. Look to the bottom of that page for the BB code. Copy that and paste that code in the post you want the photo.
:beerchug:
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

SB Steve

Dhil12

Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

SB Steve

Thanks Jack and Diablo!  I am pretty excited.  I had been looking for one in good condition and at a good price.  It needs a little love, put nothing major.

familyrig

Boat looks Great! Congratulations

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1999 Sea Explorer 75hp Yamaha 6HP Suzuki/ 1990 Sea Ranger 17' 90 hp Honda

AJFishin

Nice boat and some great fishing up there in the SB area. I caught my first 2 Thresher sharks off the wharf a couple years  back, fun times.
Have fun with your new boat!
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

SB Steve

Quote from: familyrig on July 24, 2017, 05:46:11 PM
Boat looks Great! Congratulations

Cheers!

SB Steve

Quote from: AJFishin on July 25, 2017, 09:20:40 AM
Nice boat and some great fishing up there in the SB area. I caught my first 2 Thresher sharks off the wharf a couple years  back, fun times.
Have fun with your new boat!

Cheers AJ!  SB is a cool town.  I don't know if you have heard of all the Great Whites that have lurking around the area.  Someone caught an 8-10 footer off Goleta Pier last weekend!

Calchef

howdy all,
not an owner....yet!

recently joined the site recently because I am on the hunt for a boat.
this is one of the most informative sites I've been on and I thank
everyone for the great information that you share.

narrowed it down to a 17' chaser or ranger, can't quite decide what's more important...deck space or cabin space.
I have to stick to a 17' due to my steep dirt driveway with a couple tight switchbacks.
otherwise I think the 19' would be perfect.

look forward to chatting with everyone here.
ciao for now,
steffan
'84 sea chaser 17', '95 mariner 90hp, '92 Nissan 8hp kicker
Garmin gpsmap 492, Lowrance elite 4 hdi, standard horizon vhf.

Dhil12

Welcome Steffan, I'm new here too and just bought a new Sea legend. I did my homework and decided on an Arima. Fantastic boats built by a great factory. The Arima group is like family, very helpful and friendly, from the factory and all in the group who have so much experience. Being new I can't add much, but welcome to the forum. You will be amazed how much information is shared from a great bunch of people!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

familyrig

Welcome Steffan.  I primarily went for the Sea Ranger due to small kids using the cuddy.   No kids, would definitely go chaser for more deck space.  You will not go wrong with Arima!  I currently own 3 and love them all.   David

1999 Sea Explorer 75hp Yamaha 6HP Suzuki/ 1990 Sea Ranger 17' 90 hp Honda

SB Steve

Quote from: Calchef on August 01, 2017, 10:42:40 AM
howdy all,
not an owner....yet!

recently joined the site recently because I am on the hunt for a boat.

Hey Steffan.  I concur, this is a great site for doing research while looking for an Arima.  Where in California are you?  I spent 3 months looking for a good one, so I am up on all the ones available in my general area.  You probably know of these if you have been searching Craigslist, but in case you don't:

There is an SR 17 in Morro Bay with a newer Honda for 11, an SR 17 in Camarillo with a Yamaha for 8 and a SC 17 in Long Beach for 8 with a newer Mercury.  The latter has been for sale for at least a couple of months, and the price has already been dropped by 1,000.

Good luck on the hunt!

SB Steve

Oop.  Looks like that SC in Bellflower/Long Beach is off crags list.  I have seen it go on/off a few times.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is listed again.

scottstofer

Hello Arima owners . I've owned many boats, love to fish and just bought my first Arima this summer. Its a 17 ft Sea Chaser from the late 80's and I'm trying to make her pretty again but I'm a bit worried about putting lip stick on a pig as I can't help but notice the amount of deck flex there is when I ride any sort of choppy water. Feels solid when you jump up and down at the dock but get her out to sea and its like riding a water bed !  Can anyone tell me how worried I should be ? I know you need to slow down in rough water with these boats and I do but ........ Thanks for any advice. Scott.

lloyds

New to the site.  Been boating for about 60 years.  Had 3 boston whalers over the years but the back wouldn't take it anymore.  Sailed for probably 35 years.  Singlehanded the Oregon and Washington coasts to seattle, Canada and beyond many times.  Most recent power boats were C Dorys, a 16' and a 22'.  Wife wanted to sail again so now have a cape dory which I recently put on market.  Am looking at going back to power.  Loved my C dorys but looking for a little better ride and Arima seems like a possibility.  Want to keep minimal size and minimal cruising features so looking at 17' Sea Ranger.  Hoping to learn more on this site.
1997 sea explorer

Diablo

Quote from: scottstofer on August 05, 2017, 07:10:45 AM
Hello Arima owners . I've owned many boats, love to fish and just bought my first Arima this summer. Its a 17 ft Sea Chaser from the late 80's and I'm trying to make her pretty again but I'm a bit worried about putting lip stick on a pig as I can't help but notice the amount of deck flex there is when I ride any sort of choppy water. Feels solid when you jump up and down at the dock but get her out to sea and its like riding a water bed !  Can anyone tell me how worried I should be ? I know you need to slow down in rough water with these boats and I do but ........ Thanks for any advice. Scott.

Welcome Scott, I don't see why no one has responded. Congrats on the new boat. If you have concerns about the structure of your boat you should call Defiance and get their input.
Lipstick on a pig?  I wish my boat was a little less rough but then after fishing and crabing and I look at the mess I'm less concerned about how shiny it is and the amount of work to keep it that way. 
Good luck making the boat yours.

Ofishall

Hello Arima Owners, Just picked up my fist Arima. 1989 Sea Sprinter. Was looking for a smaller boat I could fit in a small garage space, fish a couple guys comferatably on, and still get the family on the Puget sound for nice days. Hoping I found a winner. Looking forward to making it my own and learning from this great grohp along the way.

croaker stroker

Welcome Ofishall.

Those are hard to find! I had one before I bought the Pacer. Still missing my little Sprinter. You're gonna love that boat.  :applause:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Arimadrifter

I've wanted an Arima since around 1994 when I saw them at the Portland Boat Show. I've been lurking on this board for years and have been amazed at all the information on it. I bought a 1991 17' Sea Chaser  this week and am excited to get going on the clean up/restoration. The boat is actually in pretty good shape. I'm planning to re-power with a 90 HP 4 stroke and clean it up a bit and fish it! Home port will be Tillamook Bay but also planning to fish it in So Cal with my brother!
Great to be here,
17' Arima SC with 2017 90hp Yamaha

soultrain

Hello, just got a 17' Sea Chaser..First time boat owner and I've been working on getting trailer lights working..I found a short to ground.  Located some hull damage I was negligent to see before purchase...How bad is it?   Cost to repair?
" A man's got to know his limitations"

2007 Arima Sea Chaser w/King saltwater Trailer
Tacoma, Wa
First Time Boat Owner

soultrain

I have a lot of questions on different things on the boat if anyone has time to go through some basics...I have two batteries and a 10 amp dual charger but not sure how to charge...I'm assuming I can just do one battery at a time.  There are two holes at the stern on top with covers...I'm not sure what goes in there..Maybe a flag pole or something? I have no idea...ha
" A man's got to know his limitations"

2007 Arima Sea Chaser w/King saltwater Trailer
Tacoma, Wa
First Time Boat Owner

Diablo

Congrats on your boat.
I'll answered the easy one first. The holes with covers on each side are rod holders. Do not put gas in there!! :jester:
If your battery charger is for dual batteries it should charge both at the same time. It would be a good thing to go over all your electrical wiring so you know what you have. Make a drawing and improve the drawing as you learn more. When you are on the water is not a good time to learn your system.
For your hull damage you need to post a better photo with some explanation on where the damage is.
The best person to have as an expert on your boat is you.
Good luck to you and welcome.

beancounter

Welcome all you newbies. I echo the comment to start a new thread in Arima life or tips and tricks with good photos and you will get plenty of experienced help with your issues. This welcome thread doesn't get as much views as those.