News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La-Z-Buoy

Excellent project boat. You will have an awesome boat when done. Noticed the ratty stripe. A number of us have removed the stripe and not replaced it. It's a nice clean look without it.

Some folks have also replaced the wood panels with Starboard (that's what Arimas come with standard now). There may be some lying around a members house that they want to get rid of. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Keep an eye out at Cabelas or on line for discounted electronics. A week or two ago someone had $450 off a Lowrance HDS9 if memory serves.

Are you considering a re-power?
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

neild

Quote from: La-Z-Buoy on March 17, 2017, 07:55:12 PM
Excellent project boat. You will have an awesome boat when done. Noticed the ratty stripe. A number of us have removed the stripe and not replaced it. It's a nice clean look without it.

Some folks have also replaced the wood panels with Starboard (that's what Arimas come with standard now). There may be some lying around a members house that they want to get rid of. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Keep an eye out at Cabelas or on line for discounted electronics. A week or two ago someone had $450 off a Lowrance HDS9 if memory serves.

Are you considering a re-power?

Thanks Lay-Z-Boy!

We already stated razoring the stripe!
My brother wants to keep the wood look, so I'm thinking marine teak ply for the front but Starboard for the rear panels would be nice.
I'll keep my eyes out for a sale and look up the HDS9.
My brother is a motorcycle mechanic so the old 2 stroke is his to keep going. We will repower when the right OB comes along.
Allons-y!
1991 19' SR
2017 140 Suzuki

old salt

Check out the GPS store online very good prices.  I have bought Garmin car GPS.  Secure Horizon hand held radio.

Franko

Hi,
My name is Frank, live in Port Ludlow, WA. Looking for a used Arima boat.

rasslingref

Hello Frank from Port Ludlow.  Keep your eyes open, figure out which model Arima you are looking for and be ready with your cash.

David from Poulsbo.
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

Dc18ft

Hi All, Bryon from Rocklin, Ca here and very happy to be part of the Arima family.  My Dad purchased a 21'SR HT recently posted in the forum classifieds by fellow member Beancounter.  Lot of stuff we want to do to the boat.  Hope to use the boat on the larger areas of the Ca. Delta and SF Bay.  Since we all know what a Arima looks like, I'll post a pic of my Tin baby... soon to be used exclusively on our local lakes and rivers....
2004 21' SR HT

GregE

Glad you joined in DC.  WELKome aboard!!   :arms:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Dhil12

Hi, I am new to the forum and a new Arima owner. My wife and
i just ordered a new Sea Legend hard top with bulkhead, dinette and galley, rocket launcher with radar pad, garmin 7610 or 7612 (need to see which fits better) 24 inch radar dome. Cruising and fishing the sound is what we want to do when we retire next year.
I'm sure I will have lots of questions. the boat should be ready in another 6 weeks or so.
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

GregE

wELKome aboard Dhill.  You bought my dream boat   :applause:- 
keep us posted and share some pictures, please.
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

croaker stroker

Welcome Dhill.

Wow. That is gonna be one nice boat  :clap:     :dance:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

rasslingref

Welcome DHill.  You will love the Sea Legend and the ability of this group to spend your retirement money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

Speedbump

Hello All.  I am new to the forum.  I am purchasing a 21'HT today.  I have never owned an Arima before, but have always appreciated the function and efficiencies...what a great boat!  We live inland, in Spokane, WA but want to get over to the salt water as much as possible to fish and explore.  I know nothing about where to camp, launch, or storing the truck/trailer while we are out, but hope to pick everyone's brains.  Thank you!
'21 HT Sea Ranger, twin 90 ETEC's

croaker stroker

Welcome Speedbump. Looking forward to seeing your new boat.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Dhil12

Welcome Speedbump. I'm new here also and the people here and the best! Very helpful and friendly. They have really helped me a lot! Looking forward to seeing your new boat.
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Speedbump

Thanks Croaker and Dhil...looking forward to being part of the group!  I post some pictures soon.

Flying Arima

Speed bump welcome to the board! check out sekiu wa, it's a small fishing town with great salmon and bottomfishing opportunities.
James

2015 19ft sea chaser / REEL TYME
2015 yamaha 115

Hydroman

Speedbump, welcome aboard.

You purchased you boat in time to join the crowd for Buoy 10 fishing on the Columbia River which starts in early August.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

GregE

Jim- this Has to be the year we finally make it for the buoy 10 fishery.....  too many years thinking about it-  gotta do it.
Greg

Speedbump

Thanks James and Jim.  I will definitely check those areas out.  I am heading to Anacortes Wednesday through Sunday.  I don't expect to catch much, but I promised my wife that if I got this boat, I'd take her to the San Juans.  I need to learn how to fish the boat before I come find you guys on the tuna grounds anyway.   :shark: Any advice on salmon fishing in Area 7 would be appreciated! 

hammondsearanger

Hello all,

not sure how many of you will remember me. Long time member that hasn't posted in years,  so i thought i would "reintroduce" myself. I lived in Hammond, Oregon for about 20 years. I had a 17' Sea Ranger named "Tanja Maria". about five years ago i sold her to pay for my son's college. He is finally graduating and I am in a position to buy a new boat and get active again on the open water.

During the time frame that I was "boat less" i relocated to Sandy Oregon due to a promotion. Painfully, I have decided that an Arima does not fit in with my fishing platform needs. Therefore, I just purchased a 17' Hewes Sportsman.

I look forward to reconnecting with old acquaintances

Hopefully i don't get flogged for not owning an Arima any more and you guys (and gals) can look past my new tin can  :doh:

Matt ... aka Hammondsearanger.

sold ...'89 17' Sea Ranger. 90hp Merc salt. 9.9hp Honda "Tanja Maria"

New ... 2017 17' Hewes Sportsman "Knotty Schatzi"

StreamFixer

It has been a while Matt..

No you won't be flogged, however, beer might be your responsibility when we gather   :whistle:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

hammondsearanger

Rainier all the way around...lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

sold ...'89 17' Sea Ranger. 90hp Merc salt. 9.9hp Honda "Tanja Maria"

New ... 2017 17' Hewes Sportsman "Knotty Schatzi"

StreamFixer

Let the flogging begin   :bigshock:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

SB Steve

Hello All!

Bought my first Arima yesterday!  I picked up a 1988 SR 17.  It seems to have been mostly stored indoors or under a cover, and it was a freshwater boat.  Gelcoat and decks are in great condition.  The wood panels are in decent condition, and the hardware, striping and logos are good.  The motor is an original Merc 90hp which starts and runs well.  The boat is complete with all original cushions, seats and canvas.  It has had very few modifications if any.

I wil be going over the boat in the next couple of days and making lists of things that need to be addressed because if its age.  Reading and Searching these forums has been an invaluable resource while looking for an Arima to purchase.  I look forward to contributing, but I may have a lot of questions at first. :smile1:  I am really looking forward to updating this boat.

I haven't had a boat in a few years.  My last boat was larger, and I was looking for something smaller with the bonus that it fits in my garage among other things!  I am going to be using it mostly for coastal fishing off Santa Barbara and Ventura, but I appreciate the fact that it will be easy to trailer to other harbors both North and South and can potentially charge the Islands on a good day.

Cheers!

http://www.arimaowners.com/gallery/9/9179-230717150230.jpeg

SB Steve

I will figure out how to post pictures soon I hope!