News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StreamFixer

Let's be sure to pick one of the two or three days of the year when that 12 mile run is calm, no wind, and long low swells with a stable long term forecast.  Then I'll be there.   :cha:

Otherwise, I'll keep the bar stool warm awaiting your return. :biggrin:  

That bar crossing in my 17SC is not real high on my bucket list.  When it comes to the Columbia bar, my sense of adventure just ain't what it used to be.   :hoboy:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

BigMac

Could you use a 22' as a wing man?

Dave

woody

Its tons better then what you call me Russ.

Woody

wavewalker

Been across the bar several dozen times when I was much younger in a 100 foot steel tugboat. Was not fun then; can't imagine in a 16 to 19 foot fiberglass. Course the skipper went over the bar when we got there, not necessarilly looking at the conditions or things like that. There wasn't any of this official bar closure stuff. :bowdown:
WW

Hydro-Therapy

Hi I just joined this forum. I need all the info I can get  for my 89 19SR restoration project in progress.So far I have replaced the top with a custom made one that is longer to cover the passenger  seats , replaced port side pedestals with a sleeper seat, redid the bottom paint.replaced the single axle trailer with a tandem , in the process of replacing the wood with hdpe (sandtone color)and have trim tabs to install. I fish from buoy 10 to Oregon City for the last 30 years and at times have caught my fair share of fish. With all of the projects on the boar I never keep it torn down long enough to miss a fish bite.  :fishing:

Hydro-Therapy
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

Seattleflyfisher

Great to have you here Hydro!

any pictures of your project? I would love to see your top.

SFF

StreamFixer

Hi Hydro --  welcome.

Be sure to check the PDX rats posting and join us if you can.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

dixiefisher

Welcome!!....and yes....pics of the project will help the winter time blues!
Paul Touchton

Hydro-Therapy

Thank you for the welcomes . I will see what I can do on pics when I get back from vacation. Sorry I won't make the sportsman show this year , for the rat meet up. The wife and I had our 30th on new years eve and I gave her 11days in Maui . So I guess I will have to chaperon her over there.  :party: :dance:

Hydro-Therapy 
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

fishing eagle

Welcom Hydo T and when you get back from Maui we will be expecting some photos.

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife. BTW you folks got married on the same day as my wife and I; we also celebrated our 30th on New Years eve.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

StreamFixer

Hydro T

Taking wife to Maui --- likely story  :nono:  You just are embarrassed to hang with the rest of us reprobates.... :facepalm:

Enjoy your trip and bring back pictures (proof)  :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Enniberg

Hydro T and Fishing Eagle, Congratulations to both of you!

You are great role models in a society that sorely needs it! :applause:

Johan
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. (unknown)

SRanger

Welcome to all who have joined since my previous greeting.  So much relevant info on relevant topics...I guess that is the point of it all right.  Took a break for a few days and tonight it took 3 hrs catching up on all the great post.  Do not stay away for long...you will surely miss something invaluable or hilarious.  Just another one of the outstanding benefits of owning an Arima!!

SRanger / Todd
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)

Ski2sea

New ol' member here.  Was on the Msn site b/4 the move to yuku.  Back here for a try.  SeaChaser 17 1991-2010.
SeaRanger 21 HT at the end of last season.  Still under "wraps" and the rigging has begun!  Great ideas and lots of help here, including the pictures from MSN.  Thanks for all the help.

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Enniberg

Welcome Ski2Sea, great to have yet another BC member on board!

We look forward to seeing pictures of your new 21HT!

Johan
:stooges:
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. (unknown)

dixiefisher

Welcome!!....glad to see some ol members coming back around.....and yes congrat on the 21.....
Paul Touchton

StreamFixer

21HT -----   Drool  :bowdown: :bowdown:

Welcome aboard

StreamFixer   :stooges:
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

polarbill1999

Hi there.  My name is Brett and I joined this site because my father just bought a 92(I think) Sea Chaser.  the boat came from the Portland area and according to him is absolutely immaculate.  He said of the 4 or 5 he looked at htis boat looked 10 times as nice as any other Arima he looked at.  The boat has a 70 horse Evinrude, tohatsu kicker, full canvas, Eagle depth finder, Shorelander trailer and bottom paint.  Apparently the boat was only used a few weeks a year for a particular salmon run up the Columbia.  The rest of the time it stayed in a garage.  He bought the boat because of the fishing ability and weight.  He wanted a good fishing boat but that was light enough to tow behind his 42' Ocean Alexander up to Canada.  I am really looking forward to using the boat and for the advice on this site. 
Thanks
Brett
Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

Threeweight

Welcome Brett.  Ignore the locals here, they are mostly harmless.   :stooges:
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Enniberg

Welcome aboard polarbill. :beerchug:

Mostly harmless we are indeed!

Just watch Streamfixer and Woody - they can cause trouble at times :biggrin:

Johan
:stooges:

polarbill1999

Well, I actually found out it is a 96.  Here is a picture although it is poor quality. 
Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

Danno

Welcome Brett!   :party:

Is that a 16' Sea Chaser?

Being a 1996, it has all of the best upgrades that have occured since the introduction. Those should include:

- Split bow rail which is great for anchoring in a current.
- deeper chines to keep your drier.
- 27 gal gas tank, I think.
- Starboard (plastic) panels not wood, right?
- 3 bar soft top.

It looks very fishy to me.  :fishing:
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Rangeray

Greetings,

I was a member of the original Arima boat owners group and have been a "lurker" since the Microsoft change. I'm looking forward to get acquainted with some of the left coast members. I live downstream from the gang from PDX and would like to get some fishing education in that area. My range has been somewhere between CR Buoy and Kalama. I'm on my 3rd Arima. I have "rescued" a couple that I have resold, now I have a 19' Ranger that really needs to be fished as opposed to worked on. Until I get a chance to get some pictures going, we're customer photo #16 0n the Arima site.

Ray

StreamFixer

Ray

Welcome:

Check out the Arima Group Activities forum.

We have a trip to Sequim planned for halibut in May, Salmon out of Sekiu in July, Springers just about to start in Columbia, and of course B-10 fishing from August until October or so.  We will be getting together probably every month or so with fishing getting underway.  I am sure you can like up with any number of us for an outing.

StreamFixer :stooges:
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade