News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diablo

Welcome Iceman. I like the handle. You will need to post some photos...otherwise it doesn't exist or hasn't happened. :beerchug:
t
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

dbhazjack

Quote from: Iceman on March 25, 2015, 11:04:23 PM
Hello,
Glad to be part of the site. Recently purchased a 1986 17' Sea Chaser.  Having fun rebuilding/up dating the boat with my dad. Hope to learn from the fellow Arima owners!
Ohh let's see let's see! Welcome aboard!
2013 17' Sea Chaser, 90 hp Honda, 8 hp Honda Kicker. SOLD

Iceman

Didn't know if I should modify previous post.....? Here are a few photos and a little story behind the boat. The boat, EZ loader trailer and 90hp Mercury were purchased at Hawleys Marine in Bellingham. The Mercury kicker may have been bought at a later time, never used. Friend of the only owner before me estimated only 5 times the boat was taken out. In 1999 the boat was placed in heated shop and never used. When I picked up definitely dusty but in great shape overall. A few of the photos I had started cleaning up and re teaking the wood. Can't wait to fix it up to my liking and get it out.

GTUSMC

Hi All, I'm new and looking to learn. Nice group here and I'll try to I'll try my best to keep it clean, I was almost thrown out of the USMC for swearing. Sorry, that's a joke. Any do it yourself recommendations to outfit a new fishing boat would be appreciated!

Nate510

Quote from: GregE on March 10, 2015, 05:37:23 PM

Nate, I have a Magma cleaning tray that mounts in the standard Arima rod holder-  or if you want it further forward add another rod holder to the gunnel.  they come in may angles 0- 30 degrees.   Buy the appropriate size hole saw drill bit and start cutting in reverse so you don't chip the gel coat.

Many more projects in your future.   :biggrin:

Hey Greg - I like the idea to mount the flush mount rod holders further forward on gunnel or even gunwale so I don't have to lean way back to work on bait board. Cool picture of your deck. Slowly improving mine. Are those flush mount rod holders at the gunwales?? See it looks like you have a couple flush mounted rod holders at gunwales(the picture sort of cuts them off though so not sure). I would likely do 1 on each side similar to that in those locations. One side for Maggma bait board and other side gunwale want to put a Maggma gas grill. For overnight sturgeon fishing trips would be awesome.

Here is my question: What did you use for your gunwale mounts(4" or 9" deep) or what would you recommend for the angle(0/90, 15, or 30) at side gunwale? Want to know prior to drilling. Trying to avoid drilling into foam filled sidewall area if possible. Thinking 4" deep at 0/90 or 15 degree. I might just cut the 0/90 degree tube so I don't need to drill into the foam filled sidewall/hull. Thoughts??

Thanks,

Nate
Nate

Bobby

Just want to say hi.
I am a new Arima owner. I have a 2014 21 sea ranger ht with a Suzuki 175 and a Suzuki 9.9 kicker

I live in Petaluma CA and fish the sac delta for stripers, off of Bodega Bay for salmon and trout fishing if we have any water. I will post pics soon
2014 21HT with 175 Suzuki, 9.9 Suzuki, Raymarine & Cannon Downriggers

BruceL2_Fish

Welcome aboard, Nate and Bobby!
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

wedocq

Bobby,
Welcome to the board! I look forward to you posting numbers regarding speed and fuel usage with your Suzi 175. That might be the motor I upgrade to!
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Fishing Guy

Good evening. Long time member, but have only been a reader. Going to start posting now that I am working on a 2004 21 ST with Honda 150.  Found it in Florida and it was delivered last week. Taking all apart and going throught it before I put it in the water. Spent a lot of years on a lift with out much use. Also have a 1998 17 SR. Bought it new and has been a great boat. Kids r growing up and got 2 foot itus turned into 4 feet. Great group of ARIMA owners and have learned a lot. Will post some picks of the new and old boat soon. Not sure wife is going to let me keep both. But was nice of her to let me get the new one.
1998 17 SR. Suzuki 100
2004 21 ST Honda 150

ihunt82

Hello All,
I am currently searching for my first boat, I came across the Arimas and instantly took a liking to the them, then I found this site did a bunch of reading and grew to like them even more. Now I've been searching for the "one". Since this is my first boat I'm leaning toward a 15 footer, it will be mostly myself going out solo or one other adult and/or my 8 y/o son, I will defiantly get larger boat in the future as the kiddos get bigger. Looking forward to doing more research and getting out on the water in my own boat. Any advise, input or leads would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Hydro-Therapy

Welcome aboard ihunt82 . My only advice on purchasing a Arima is to get the biggest one you can afford to start with. I am fortunate to have a brother that started with a 15 and went to a 17. With those experiences under my belt went straight to a 19. I also fish by myself quite a bit ,but when taking others the extra room is a must and those kids always seem to have a friend they want to have come along. Good luck on your search for the right boat for you.

H-T
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

StreamFixer

ihunt82

Welcome --  You will undoubtedly be infected with what we call 2 footitis.  Your initial post (planning to up-grade) suggests you are already infected and showing the symptoms (already planning on a bigger boat  :hoboy: )  There are very few members of our forum who have not suffered, or are not currently suffering, from that disease. 

You apparently have kids.  You will quickly find yourself outgrowing the 15.  Of course that will occur after you have invested considerable time and money, not to mention sweat equity into the boat getting it just right.  Then the disease will strike in earnest.

Few of us have recovered adequate compensation for our investment and efforts when we sell and upgrade.  Hydro Therapy offers sound advice to get as much boat as you can afford with your initial effort.

Find folks with different size Arimas that will take you for a short spin.  See how you like the ride, and if they will allow, how it handles.  That will help with your purchasing decision..

Best of luck with your search.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

rasslingref

Ihunt82. I live between Silverdale and Poulsbo and would love to take you for a ride on my 19' some time. PM me and let's see if we can get together. I work over in Bellevue during the week but come back this way on the weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

NHARIMA

Good Evening to all..

I purchased my gently used Arima in a few years ago.  :dance:  The previous owner (its second) took really great care of the boat, motor and trailer.  The boat is a dream come true for me and I intend to enjoy the heck out of it.  I have been using it in local NH lakes for salmon and lake trout.  I think I have it set up pretty well...but there is always something new to add...as you all know.

Anyway I thought it was time for me to introduce myself on this site since I have been guesting for a long time.

Looking forward to some interaction with site members.

NHARIMA......
Fish'n Squam Again.....
1995 - 17' Sea Chaser
1995 - Honda 75

CanvasGuy

Welcome Aboard Officially   :applause: NH
Glad you joined us.. :yeahthat:
and look forward to your reports,..
CG,Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

haileiz

Hello,

I just purchased my Arima 16 Sea Explorer with 2002 Yammaha 60 4 stroke engine last weekend.

I am in Seattle area, Sammamish. It the first time for me to buy a boat. I will ask a lot of questions. I will add downriggers, kicker to the boat and be ready to go fishing and enjoy the summer.

First question, 60HP Yammaha 4 stroke seem a little low power for the boat, the maximum speed it can go is around 29miles/hour. Is that a big concern or issue?

Thanks!

HZ
Arima SE 16 1988
Yamaha 60HP 4 ST 2002
Yamaha 9.9HP 4 ST 2000

Hydro-Therapy

HZ welcome aboard first of all. 29 mph flat out is a good top speed for a Arima. You will find that most of the time you will cruse at around 20-24 mph. As these boat are not of a high speed design. The question for you is what was the rpm at 29? Are you getting the maximum performance out of that motor?

H-T
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

haileiz

Yes, it was at the limit of the engine output for 29mil/hr.
Arima SE 16 1988
Yamaha 60HP 4 ST 2002
Yamaha 9.9HP 4 ST 2000

GregE

Hmm,  the question was- what RPM were you at?
Lots of experience here- more info = better responses.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

La-Z-Buoy

Welcome Haileiz,

The formula for engine max rpm and max speed for the boat is, at wide open throttle (WOT) the engine RPM should have topped out at the recommended max RPM as stated by the manufacturer. If you engine's max RPM range is say 5500 to 6000 then when you open the throttle all the way, with the boat carrying an average load,  the engine rpm will level out  in that range.  If not then a prop change may be warranted. Clear as mud?

And as the others have stated 29mph is a good max speed for an Arima hull.

Richard
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Rjr812

Coming Aboard,

Just bought my 1st real boat from a fine gentleman in Baltimore.  It is a 2005 Arima 22 Sea Legend.  I really appreciate all of the counsel and advice from the members on this board.  It really has made the purchase so much easier than it could have been.  Plan to retire :fishing: to Sequim, WA real soon.  Hope to see you guys on the water and look forward to Neah Bay next year. :fishing:
Arima 22' Sea Legend 2005 w/ 250 hp Etec - 2006, Yamaha 9.9
🇺🇸 Dutch 142

(509) 430-2367  cell
(360) 406-1578. cell when fishing

CanvasGuy

welcome Aboard Both Here @AO.com :applause:
and Sequim.

You did close that gate right? :doh:

we have reached our limit here in  paradise. :yeahthat:

CG,SBE, Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

joseph1440

Good morning.  I registered back in March, but feel a bit more of an official member as I just picked up my dream boat.  A 19ft. Arima Hardtop!  Can't wait to get er on the water!  Now I have to get rid of my first love(boat), a 17ft, 1971 classic Boston Whaler.     

Salmon King

Quote from: joseph1440 on June 18, 2015, 09:24:52 AM
Good morning.  I registered back in March, but feel a bit more of an official member as I just picked up my dream boat.  A 19ft. Arima Hardtop!  Can't wait to get er on the water!  Now I have to get rid of my first love(boat), a 17ft, 1971 classic Boston Whaler.   

Congrats!  Welcome aboard!!
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

rasslingref

Welcome aboard fellow 19' Hardtopper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA