Author Topic: Welcome! Introduce Yourself  (Read 205956 times)

Offline vxhatch

Re: Welcome!
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2011, 02:24:34 PM »
Welcome Vxhatch,

from a fellow Sequimite..if thats a word,,javascript:void(0);
hope to see you out there on the water this year 

and let me know if I can help with your project...I have  a few ideas..that I have used on my 16 sea chaser
maybe you could stop by when I pull her out from winter storage for the big new derby in Feb.

again welcome and ..tight lines..  Gary

Thanks Gary, sounds good. I don't think I will make the derby this year unfortunately. I might need some new canvas w/ mooring cover and will l get in touch with you
2001 22' SeaSport Sportsman

Offline Threeweight

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2011, 07:17:57 PM »
Hey you Sequim... uh... Sequimers?  Sequims?  Sequimians?

A contingent of the PDX-area Arima owners are planning a halibut trip up to your neck of the woods, May 11-14.  You guys going to be fishing those days?  Be nice to grab a beer and shoot the breeze.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Wild Card, Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220, Honda 225 and 9.9

“Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.”
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Offline CanvasGuy

• ArimaOwners.com Sr. Banner Engineer
  • Fisherman
  • aka king slayer
  • View Gallery
    • Smart Custom Canvas
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2011, 12:12:14 AM »
 hi 3wt
yeah it would be a hoot to see you guys.face to face..
 you outa town  guys filled up this place last year.. :wink:
 i had to get up real early to get down to John Wayne  marina and get in line..
in time to get out early.. and to get back  in...WOW what a wait..i would get a slip
for this one... not sure its possible.. I prefer Neah bay for better odds :twocents:
 I am waiting on the opening dates
to be announced..

hope to see you all.

Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
 http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

Offline arimaed

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2011, 09:24:24 AM »
Hi Group,

Now I know where you went. The site looks great and I look forward to an excellent information site/fishing site for Arima owners. I have met SFF what a foul mouth punk (LOL)!!! He is a good guy and seems like he got railroaded on the old site. He does incredible restores on old Arima boats the Sea Chaser project was his best in my opinion.

I am installing a fuel/water separator on my 1985 Sea Chaser any tips would be awesome as I have the mechanical skill of a 1st grader.

Ed

1985 17' Sea Chaser 1985 75hp Mercury and 1985 9.8hp Mercury

Online Danno

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
Welcome ArimaEd! It's great to have you join us.

Let's take your question about fuel filters over to the Tips and Tricks category so that we can expand on it and it will be easier for others to find.

-Dan
Previously owned a 1998 19' SR

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Offline koona

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2011, 12:05:26 PM »
Hi-

Im hootlakootla on the other site. I will try to monitor both sites; nothing like hanging out with other Arima nerds!

-Brad
Sea Ranger 19 Hard Top
Honda 90
Honda 9.9

beancounter

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2011, 04:41:41 PM »
Ouch don't step on my toes I might resemble that remark. Welcome to all the newbies I am a long time honored member. Think I joined bout 4 days ago.

Seattleflyfisher

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2011, 06:29:10 PM »
Hey Ed

I owe you $5.00 for that comment :arms:

What took you so long to join us?

and by the way Ed.....that battery charger is awesome and I am using it right now.

Punk huh! :yeahthat:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:31:38 PM by Seattleflyfisher »

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »
Got the boat. 1994 1511 Sea Explorer. Posted some pics in gallery. I am happy with her. Galv Shorlander trailer, 45 Honda, 8 Honda kicker, GPS, depth finder, two rods, downrigger, two batteries with switch, huge assortment of tackle box stuff, all offshore required safety equipment, radio, flares, etc, both companian seats, 4 crab pots, extra props, tool kit, been garage kept when not in the water, owner purchased when she was 2 years old... Gonna be a "Goodyear".. ( I saw that once at a baseball game).. :party:
WW

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2011, 07:27:01 PM »
Congratulations on your new 'baby'.     :applause: :biggrin: :applause:

Now for a dry home in Astoria.  My son lives there and tells me it rains  .... and rains ....  and rains.  Living in Oregon City, we would not know.  And no he does not have a place you could keep it or mine would be down there.

Keep an eye out for a 17 with a skip tower and yamahas named StreamFix'r  A complimentary beverage is always a good thing.   :beerchug:

StreamFixer
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI
'05 Yamaha T8 Solas 4 blade prop

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu'

Offline corky12

« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2011, 09:45:33 AM »
Hi-   I,m had a few of these boats and I love them. There are some great resources here. Any project or problem I have is usually helped by the knowledge and experience of the members. I,m down here near Bodega Bay in NorCal.-   John

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2011, 10:23:07 AM »
Welcome to the group.  Lottsa good times ahead   :applause:

Streamfixer
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2011, 04:42:50 PM »
Well for the test run we launched at Skippinon, went out down and past Hammond, was a tad windy, some chop, tide was heading out but was not raining till we got back. Got a feel of the boat.. A 45 Honda certainly won't break and records, but the previous owner said, well I'm not the first one to the fishing site, but usually the first one back, because the others have to stop for gas. Coming back upstream, we were by GPS doing 16.5. After turning off the Columbia onto Skippinon, we were then doing 22.. just off of WOT.
He has a dozen or waypoints already in the GPS for good fishing spots. I am a little rusty at fishing, been about 12 years or so, but that was one of the reasons to move down this direction, to Un rust, at least in that aspect....
Yea here in Astoria area, it's either raining, just about to start, or just stopped.. My home is about 6 blocks from the Skippinon Marina/launch, so if I get desperate I can get the boat to the launch one way or another.
Sold my wood rowboat yesterday, and someone is coming to get my antiquated 20hp Johnson; just have an '84 30 Tohatsu short shaft, pull start, tiller, 2 stroke to get rid of, so I can put a few dollars back into the budget.. Had to dig into the joint budget to get this boat, but it was either that or pay upwards of $2K more in a couple months for something not as nice. Wife says I now need to sell my play toy boat; a 10 foot Marlin (G.W. Invader copy); a two seater on a galvanized trailer, and a 40 (402)  Merc; does only about 35, but just inches off the water, but put someone in there that is under 150 pounds and should get close to 40mph.. Course at my mature 220lbs, like throwing an anchor over the side..
WW

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2011, 06:06:25 PM »
Wavey

Saw a portable car shelter at Costco today for less than $400.  That would accommodate your boat nicely,  If I recall, 11 feet wide, 8" high entrance and more than 20" long.  Take a look,  That might just solve your 'indoor' storage problem.

StreamFixer
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI

« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2011, 06:28:57 PM »
I will look into that, thanks.. Step son who has lived here all his life, says it would need some extra tie downs as the wind really blows here, and most of the time.. but it might work if I strap it to the side of the shed for some added strength.
WW

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2011, 09:39:03 PM »
Concrete pier pads and good straps, not just to the fabric at the designed attachment points, but over the top too.

SF
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI

Offline finfinn

« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2011, 11:25:47 PM »
OK gang. Got a few PM's and decided to check this out. I like what I see, especially on the fishy forum. Keep me posted on the Halibut get-together. Will post a comment on that thread too. Woody - maybe we can finally find time to fish together. When do the springers start on Columbia anyway ;-)
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

Online Danno

« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2011, 11:28:55 PM »
When do the springers start on Columbia anyway ;-)

On could argue that they're already there as Bonneville has counted one but in reality, they'll start showing up later in February. Remember, you can't catch one if you're not fishing for 'em!

Offline dixiefisher

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2011, 06:53:09 AM »
I just joined the site today....after reading an invite from Danno on the Yuku board.....so far I love this new site, I use to frequent the old MSN board back when I bought my Arima in 2006....When MSN went away....and the new board was formed.....I kinda slinked into the shadows....It seemed harder to surf around....or maybe I just missed the breakup of the old board....members went all over the place....and not all of them landed on Yuku......either way, I like the "ideas" behind this board and look forward to chatting about Arima, fishing, etc.
   A little bio I guess....I own a 1984 17' Sea Chaser that I bought in 2006....ever since then, I have been modifying it ( seems like every year ) to fit my needs....I run a 2008 90 Honda...that I love...after replacing a 1987 Merc....that I spent more time fixing...than fishing....last years mods were to add an anchor nest on the bow ( after years of anchoring on a sliding rope from the side )....as well as I added a GPS that I could connect to my Icom radio for DSC....I mainly fish for spring salmon, lower Columbia sturgeon....and my favorite fishing....fall salmon out at the CR buoy.......this year I want to try for near shore halibut....now that I have my DSC working.......

Paul Touchton

Online Danno

« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2011, 07:23:14 AM »
Hey Dixiefisher, welcome! It's about time you signed up.

For the rest of you Arima nerds, DF was my 1st mate on my first trip over the Columbia Bar as captain back in 2007. He steered us into some great salmon. We caught more than we kept because we wanted to upgrade but ended up one fish short for the day. The old "a bird in the hand..." is a worthy proverb. Here's a picture of Dixie at the kicker from that trip with the Oregon coast in the background.

-Dan

« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:51:59 AM by SeaChaser »

Offline dixiefisher

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2011, 07:59:50 AM »
Dan has changed his name!!! (Danno)..to protect the innocent???.......that was a great trip!!.....good memories.....and a great boat to boot...I hated seeing that thing go...but, I understood the reason
Paul Touchton

Offline Threeweight

« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2011, 09:59:27 AM »
Dixiefisher, we may have to draft you this summer to help guide several of us Columbia Bar newbies out to your stomping grounds!
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Wild Card, Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220, Honda 225 and 9.9

“Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.”
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Offline dixiefisher

« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2011, 11:01:28 AM »
Not a problem...but, I would use the term..."Guide" lightly.... :smile1:.....I will gladly lead us out to the waters....the fish on the other hand.... :fishing:.........
Paul Touchton

Offline arimaed

« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2011, 02:15:36 PM »
3W,

Sign me up for the bar crossing. I have wanted to do that for the last couple of years. Dixie can lead the armada of 17' Sea Chasers. Maybe Woody can join the flotilla as the Senior Admiral. Then we could all brag we crossed the bar in our Arima's.

Ed
1985 17' Sea Chaser 1985 75hp Mercury and 1985 9.8hp Mercury

Online Danno

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2011, 02:23:27 PM »
SENIOR

That's not going to go over well with Woody!   :doh: