News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La-Z-Buoy

Welcome, congrats on the new boat. She's a beauty.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

GregE

Nice set up.  What size motor?
More pictures soon, please   :arms:

and welcome back!!
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Chief of the Boat

Congratulations!  :applause: Nice boat  :beerchug:
Welcome Aboard!

rasslingref

Welcome Irishman.  I periodically launch out of Brownsville for the Miller Bay fishery and can't wait to see what you add to your new boat.  Hopefully you haven't spent all your money.....because we are wanting to help you!

David
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

TheDoctor

Indeed, Welcome, Irishman.  That's a beautiful rig.  Look forward to seeing how you rig it out!

TDR
2008 SR19 : '08 Honda BF135/BF8

croaker stroker

Cuirimid fáilte roimh duit !
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

CanvasGuy

sweet, congrats and welcome.. post some on the water pix soon...
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

pgbrown

2014 17' Sea Ranger
90 hp Honda
9.9 hp Honda

Irishman

Quote from: GregE on January 08, 2017, 04:02:34 PM
Nice set up.  What size motor?
More pictures soon, please   :arms:

and welcome back!!

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! To answer a question from Greg, the motor is a 150. Should push her quite nicely with a full load. I've got to tell you all that after coming out of a Bayliner, the quality of this Arima is head and shoulders above it. Not bashing bayliner, they were fine for my use but boy, nothing beats an Arima around near coastal and intercoastal waters. I will need to be patient though. She needs some electronics before I run her around.
"The problem with land is that it's infested with people." -unknown
21HT - Betelgeuse

Irishman

Quote from: rasslingref on January 08, 2017, 04:14:20 PM
Welcome Irishman.  I periodically launch out of Brownsville for the Miller Bay fishery and can't wait to see what you add to your new boat.  Hopefully you haven't spent all your money.....because we are wanting to help you!

David

Well alright David, Brownsville is my home port. Had a slip there for my other boat. Thanks for offering to help spend the monies :) I look forward to seeing your rig.

Patrick
"The problem with land is that it's infested with people." -unknown
21HT - Betelgeuse

Maddgrinch

Hello all. My name is Paul Parkhurst Tenino Wa erea. My boats a 2015 21' with 150 yamaha. Have been out of the game for a little while but my family has had boats as long as i can remember. Will be more than happy to answer any questions asked. Thanks all and enjoy the day.

Hydroman

Welcome aboard!!!!,smooth sailing.
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

Thanh408

Hi everyone! I've been searching far and wide for my first Arima and after 2 months of going back and fourth with a member here on the forum. I pulled the trigger on a 2006 HT 21 with a 150 Honda and a high thrust 8 Honda kicker. Very excited to put her in the water! The boat will be name FV Sea Monkey! More pics to come!   :cha:
2006 Sea Ranger Hardtop aka. FV Sea Monkey
2006 Honda 150
2011 Honda 8 High Thrust

Thanh408

:dance:
2006 Sea Ranger Hardtop aka. FV Sea Monkey
2006 Honda 150
2011 Honda 8 High Thrust

Hydroman

WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!!!Nice looking rig.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

croaker stroker

That is a nice boat Thanh !  Great name for your boat too.  :clap:

Sea Monkeys.... I remember those. They used to sell them in the Comic Books. I bought some and was a little disappointed at the size of them. They looked much bigger in the ad.  :shrug9:

I didn't read the small print at the bottom of the page....hey, I was a kid.....life lesson.

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

FryFish

I've been cruising the board and using the classifieds already. But now that I've found my boat, I thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Ryan, I'm 32, and I live in Corvallis, OR. I am very lucky to have a wife and job that allow me to fish every week and sometimes more. I've fished all my life, but only obsessively for the last 8 years or so.

I decided on an Arima because I felt this boat would give me the most opportunity for the size of boat. I only thought about parking for my drift boat when house hunting  :doh:

I've met some great folks on this board and have learned a lot already. But you will see many posts with dumb questions from me in the near future.

After a 4 month search, I got a little impatient and bought a 1998 17' Sea Chaser with a 2005 E-Tec 90hp. It sits on a brand new bunk trailer with oil bath hubs. I only say impatient because I'm obsessed with Yamaha/Honda outboards. However, I think that with my budget of 15K, I did pretty well. Probably not the deal of the century, but the boat is in great shape and has some nice extras. Brand new VHF and antennae, brand new dragonfly 7 pro...

Here she is! Hope this isn't too many photos...

1998 17' SC -- Sold
2021 17' SC - Suzuki 90hp - Yamaha F8

beancounter

GregE

Here she is! Hope this isn't too many photos...

Hey, you've been on the board long enough to Know we like lots of pictures   :arms:
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

AustinB

Well, after months of searching my boat partner Noel and I finally bit the bullet and bought a very nice 2007 21' SR skip top with a Yamaha 150 that has 860 hours on it from the original owner, a very nice man named Marty. The boat has been very well-thought out and includes saddle tanks. He even included the clock and the thermometer... so I guess that makes it truly official. Marty has clearly taken great care of her and we plan to do the same. We are excited to step up from our current Montauk 17', which we will be selling, into this beautiful boat and for the adventures to come and to have the opportunity to introduce our kids to boating on such a great vessel. I want to thank everyone who has contributed their knowledge on this site and who has taken the time to answer our questions and to offer advice. It is very much appreciated and we look forward to returning the favor.

GregE

Great for you!!

Good post and nice picture-  you have the right approach.  WELKome Aboard   :arms:
Greg

neild

Well after 8 months we finally pulled the trigger and picked up our first Arima, a 1990 19' SR powered by a 1990 120HP Johnson imported from WA. It's not much to look at right now but some elbow grease and some new toys and we'll have it fixed up. My brother and I fish and explore the strait of Georgia coastlines out of Vancouver BC and are looking forward to this larger water boat. I will post a tread on the renovation as it progresses. Any advice and recommendations are greatly appreciated. Having perrused the forum for a while now it looks like a great community!
Allons-y!
1991 19' SR
2017 140 Suzuki

GregE

wELKome neighbor.  Post some as is pictures so we can watch your progress.

What's on your improvement/ wish list?
Greg

neild

Here she is! I think I will start a renovation thread under Arima Life for the progress. The big projects are:

• Re-gelcoat the hull and liner(or paint the liner). The hull Gelcoat has worn quite thin and has lots of little chips  exposed to fiberglass.
  • New canvas top
  • New seats with storage below (if anyone has 2-4 seats in good shape i'm interested)
  • New wood panels (All of them)
  • New Electronic toys:Fish finder/gps (I have no idea what to get, We fish salmon on downriggers and I'd like to stay under $1k like to get anyones opinion. New Stereo, Scotty electrics etc.
  • portapotty,

• That's the big stuff. I'm itching to go fishing. We want to be running by the May long weekend for a gulf island trip.
      Thanks!
Allons-y!
1991 19' SR
2017 140 Suzuki

rasslingref

Congrats Neild.  A true diamond in the rough.
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA