News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRanger

Glad to have you here MJ...the more the merrier.  Congrats on the new boat!  Old Arimas never die, they just wait for the next owner to claim them.

SR
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)

CanvasGuy

Welcome Aboard MJ and 8v8rPaul,
congrats on being an ARIMA OWNER

we All LOVE Our Boats..

CG,SBE,Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Av8rPaul

Quote from: GregE on November 10, 2014, 06:46:22 PM
WELKome aboard Paul.  What do you fly?

Retired helicopter /instrument flight instructor  Greg

I make my living flying an Airbus A320.  Enjoy all kinds of aviation.

My office  :smile1:

Kind of flying I used to do:

And now I promise to focus on boats!

La-Z-Buoy

Welcome guys  :clap: .

Av8rPaul; Based on your past history with aircraft "You're gonna need a bigger boat"  :bigshock: !
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Av8rPaul

Quote from: La-Z-Buoy on November 11, 2014, 10:51:03 AM
Welcome guys  :clap: .

Av8rPaul; Based on your past history with aircraft "You're gonna need a bigger boat"  :bigshock: !

That's funny!

So.Cali

Between airplanes and boats, I'm gonna die a very poor man  :hoboy:

greenhorn

Hi everyone,

Just joined your group and As you can tell, I am new to boating (I have called myself "Greenhorn").  We did own a ski/runabout boat many years ago but I am now retired and just purchased a used 17 foot Sea Chaser.  I am not a fisherman but we have a place on the Hood Canal and wanted to cruise there with my grandchildren.  The nonnegotiable boating requirements that were given to me were: the boat has to be safe, stable and must have a (brand new) port-potti!.  I decided on an Arima since it met all these requirements after finding this site.  What a great resource!.

91 Sea Chaser
92 Evinrude 90hp
92 Evinrude 6hp

rasslingref

Welcome Greenhorn.  I'm also a new Arima owner and live in Poulsbo.  I have already spent 2 weekends on Hood Canal and Dabob Bay.  You will love your Arima, and all the help your get from this forum.

1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

Wyrguy

Welcome to the home of all things Arimamanical...[emoji12]
Nothing wrong with being a Greenhorn, we were all there at one time. [emoji37]

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'Arima Therapy' - Life begins where the land ends!
2012 Sea Legend HT, blue hull, S/S 6 rod rocket launcher/radar arch
F250XCA O/S T9.9 Yamahas Yamaha Command Link Plus  iTroll throttle control
Aluminum I-beam EZ Loader trailer
Raymarine E120W, Digital HD Colour radar, Two Scotty HP 2106 DRs

milos dad

Hello:

I saw a couple of new Arima's last week at a local boat dealer.  I liked the high visibility of the seating position, and the aspect of a cuddy was appealing.  I used to live on southern Vancouver Island and fished there 30 years ago.  My wife and I retired last year and may purchase a fibreglass or aluminum boat.  We live in the interior of British Columbia, and would explore some of the larger lakes, and possibly salt water fish at Bella Coola and perhaps travel the 60 miles to Shearwater and the inside passage.  Some fishing and some exploring is our mission.

We are probably looking at a 17' Ranger, but want to know if a swing tongue trailer , engine installed would fit in a 20 ft deep garage.

We have a West Marine 'Zodiac', with a 6 hp short shaft Merc (12 hours fresh water use), while the Arima may require a long shaft?

Used Arima's appear to be in short supply, but I saw a couple listed yesterday on Craigslist Vancouver, BC

Thanks
Milos dad
Rick
87 Sea Hunter with 94 Honda 45
2009 6 hp Merc kicker

pgbrown

My 17 does, but only sideways..

2014 17' Sea Ranger
90 hp Yamaha
9.9 hp Yamaha

Nate510

Hi Folks,

Joined this site some time back after I purchased my 88 Sea Ranger off of CL a few months back... The previous Owner told me he got a newer and bigger Arima and to take care of this one and not drill any holes in it...   Such a great following for these boats, and stoked to have one myself. As it's fiberglass it should last a long time... I also have a 1960, 13.5', Boston Whaler that that is different and for rough weather a major upgrade from that. Not really even comparable. I can go out to Mothball fleets and fish for Sturgeon in choppy weather the whaler would have been soaked in... Mostly Fish the CA Delta around Martinez up to Rio Vista for Stripers, Sturgeon, and Salmon when they are running... Preparing to go out into the SF Bay sooner or later for Halibut this next year and possibly rockfish near GG Bridge... Great ideas here... Working on the Boat is a lot of fun and constant work. Since I purchased I have added a Lowrance HDS 7, Tohatsu 9.8 kicker w Trollmaster2, EZ Steer to connect trolling motor to main steering, New Seats, Boat cover, patched some cracked glass/gel coated some section(there are countless areas I'm fixing but color match is tough), Protecting the existing old wood panels by painting them tan, and have scoured thru here for help prior to all my projects...

As a heads up, I'm currently looking for ideas and working on:

Trying to find/add bait board table to the side or back(haven't decided - Amazon has a 31" Magma one that looks okay but not sure how to mount it.
Get the bait tanks operational(or add external removable tank-not sure) - Want a circular tank so may add a removable one and thinking about the plumbing.
Adding 2nd pump for livewell/bait tank(haven't decided on system yet) - There was a Transom mounted one I saw on here I might try and replicate
Get a bigger gas tank(18 gal installed) or add a extra topside tank for going further out(not sure option but researching)
Add a fuel sending unit and gauge
Upgrade the Electrical System panel to modern panel.

Attempting posting/attaching and attaching pics to test to see what they post like or if it works..

Cheers,
:beerchug:
Nate
1988 17' Sea Ranger

willy

Welcome aboard Nate.
This is a great site and there are tons of pic's of various bait tables and other great ideas.
Your pic's bring back a lot of good memories as I use to live in Danville and have fished for sturgeon in the Delta as well as Stripers off of Alameda. Now planted firmly in the great PNW and no offence intended but also now with the better football team.
Later Mate, Willy

Nate510

Haha. Thanks for the warm welcome Willy... Football is a interesting subject around here right now. Oakland's fans up to a couple weeks ago wearing shirts saying, "just win 1 baby!", and last weeks Battle of the bay was interesting. Classy fans... Check out these Seahawk inspired uni's:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2296920-someone-save-americas-youth-from-these-ugly-seattle-seahawks-inspired-uniforms

Rather be fishing.

:biggrin:
Nate

bonesan

Hey, Nate.  If you look around for a while used factory bait tables come up now and then.  I picked a nice one up for my 19SR for under $100.  I looked at the various options when I had my 17 SR and ended up just purchasing the material from a plastics shop and with a drill, table saw and router you can crank one out that's just the way you want it.

Nate510

Thanks bonesan. I found some starboard at Tap plastics I will order after I sort out a plan/dimensions. For the mounting still not sure, but from looking around online seems like standard for mounting boards is to put the legs in flush mount rod holders. Likely going to attach some sort of SS tubes upright to a lightweight metal frame to mount the board. Thinking putting rod holders near the cup holders above the motor well. Going to sketch it up and if okay will build it...
Nate

Bwano

Hello Arima owners.
I am a proud new, Arima owner as of March 8, 2015.
I drove from Arcata, CA to Seattle, to pick up a used, (1982) 17 ft Sea Chaser. It needs a bit of work, but seems like a fair deal. The seller was very thoughtful, and put new bearings and tires on the trailer, prior to my arrival.
I began the process of repairs, immediately, upon coming back home. I have to put new plywood in floor hatches as the original was all dry rot, and separated from the fiberglass skins. I have a great deal of fiberglass construction and repair experience, so it will not be too difficult for me.
The engine is a 90 HP, 2002 Mercury 2 Stroke, and seems to run fine in the 70 gallon horse trough. I will have to do a sea trial, and see if the motor is as good as it looks. It seems to have low hours.
I scrubbed the topside blue, and waxed it. She cleaned up nice. Here is a pic of her, in front of my 1975, 28 ft Skipjack, that I have spent the last several years, restoring, along with construction of the Farallon Style Pilot house, using all Epoxy Resin.
Has anyone put an anchor hatch in one of these? I don't want to have to run the anchor rope over the walk-around, and have to stow it in the cockpit.
If anyone has a used set of Bimini and curtains, I might be interested. It may be a while before I can afford the Skip Tower rig.
17 ft Sea Chaser 1982;   2002 Suzuki 115 4 stroke
2009 Yamaha Hi Thrust 9.9 Kicker

28 ft Skipjack Pilot House Custom, twin Chevy 400's
Volvo 280's. 1975 Vintage.

croaker stroker

Welcome Bwano. !   :beerchug:

I am also a previous Skipjack owner.  (I had two of them) You will be very happy with the way your new Arima performs.  It will go in (almost) any conditions you could take the Skipjack. Aside from carring less people and gear, the ease of trailering, launching, maintenance....And, of course, the fuel savings. Makes this little boat a great choice for "upgrading" from a Skipjack.

Your boat sure looks good for an '82.  :clap:

(Nice WSB !! )

CS
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

BCChaser

Quote from: Bwano on March 09, 2015, 04:55:26 AM
Hello Arima owners.
I am a proud new, Arima owner as of March 8, 2015.
I drove from Arcata, CA to Seattle, to pick up a used, (1982) 17 ft Sea Chaser. It needs a bit of work, but seems like a fair deal. The seller was very thoughtful, and put new bearings and tires on the trailer, prior to my arrival.
I began the process of repairs, immediately, upon coming back home. I have to put new plywood in floor hatches as the original was all dry rot, and separated from the fiberglass skins. I have a great deal of fiberglass construction and repair experience, so it will not be too difficult for me.
The engine is a 90 HP, 2002 Mercury 2 Stroke, and seems to run fine in the 70 gallon horse trough. I will have to do a sea trial, and see if the motor is as good as it looks. It seems to have low hours.
I scrubbed the topside blue, and waxed it. She cleaned up nice. Here is a pic of her, in front of my 1975, 28 ft Skipjack, that I have spent the last several years, restoring, along with construction of the Farallon Style Pilot house, using all Epoxy Resin.
Has anyone put an anchor hatch in one of these? I don't want to have to run the anchor rope over the walk-around, and have to stow it in the cockpit.
If anyone has a used set of Bimini and curtains, I might be interested. It may be a while before I can afford the Skip Tower rig.

Hello from a other 82 Chaser owner in the middle of a floor refit.  Its the "Arima Hole" thread.  I'd be interested in seeing what lies under your deck!  Whats your hull # ?
'82 Chaser 17 -  work in progress
2000 Johnson 115 Faststrike
6.5 evinrude old but runs

GregE

Quote from: Nate510 on December 10, 2014, 06:04:34 PM

As a heads up, I'm currently looking for ideas and working on:

Trying to find/add bait board table to the side or back(haven't decided - Amazon has a 31" Magma one that looks okay but not sure how to mount it.
Get the bait tanks operational(or add external removable tank-not sure) - Want a circular tank so may add a removable one and thinking about the plumbing.
Adding 2nd pump for livewell/bait tank(haven't decided on system yet) - There was a Transom mounted one I saw on here I might try and replicate
Get a bigger gas tank(18 gal installed) or add a extra topside tank for going further out(not sure option but researching)
Add a fuel sending unit and gauge
Upgrade the Electrical System panel to modern panel.

Attempting posting/attaching and attaching pics to test to see what they post like or if it works..

Cheers,
:beerchug:
Nate

Nate, I have a Magma cleaning tray that mounts in the standard Arima rod holder-  or if you want it further forward add another rod holder to the gunnel.  they come in may angles 0- 30 degrees.   Buy the appropriate size hole saw drill bit and start cutting in reverse so you don't chip the gel coat.

Many more projects in your future.   :biggrin:

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Chief of the Boat

4my3sons

Hi All. I'm new to the forum. I have owned my Arima since July 2011.  5-6 years prior to that, I had put my name on a wait list for a 20' berth in the Monterey harbor. When I was a couple from the top of the list, the research began.  This research led me to shop for an Arima. May 2011, a letter came from Monterey Harbormaster's office informing me that a berth was available.  It was time pull the plug and purchase! Craig's List produced a nice opportunity less than 2 hours away.  This was original owner who was finding he was getting too old to own a boat.  But he did have friends with boats and was going out with them mostly, so it was time for him to sell. Great model, low hours, solid features and he took pretty good care of her. Sold! After an engine service in the shop, a few weeks of detailing and minor fixes in my driveway, it was time to launch. First time with my own and was a bit nervous. Just above the launch ramp, while I was removing the tie-downs another pulls in behind me. I thought, I better hurry up, as launch ramp life can be a bit intense at times. As, I look up the guy with the boat is walking towards me and says "nice boat". I replied "thanks".  Nice guy I thought. Then he gestures back towards his boat. I had not even looked, as I was wrapped up in what I was doing. Get this.  His boat was a great looking 19' Sea Ranger! I told him nice boat. What are the odds? After a nice chat with this fellow Arima owner (and a successful launch), I thought it was a great start to being an Arima owner.   
Ken

2005 21' Sea Ranger HT,  Yamaha F150

CanvasGuy

Welcome 4my3sons,
great story, it's a common occurrence Here in The Arima Homeland.
Nice that your into Boating with the Best..
We will enjoy any pictures of your boat and adventures..please share..
Thanks again.. Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Iceman

Hello,
Glad to be part of the site. Recently purchased a 1986 17' Sea Chaser.  Having fun rebuilding/up dating the boat with my dad. Hope to learn from the fellow Arima owners!

rasslingref

Welcome ICEMAN. Hope you have a wallet full of money because this board is good about spending everyone's money.
Happy boating and enjoy time with your dad.

David
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA