News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

LEAD POUR! LEAD POUR! LEAD POUR! LEAD POUR!

Started by wedocq, December 02, 2020, 08:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATGEP

Quote from: wedocq on January 03, 2021, 03:48:10 PM
Quote from: ATGEP on January 03, 2021, 10:52:58 AM
I may have source for lead ingots.  If there is a need, let me know and I can put the order in.

Price is $1 a lb

Ummm...hello!  Sign me up. What kind of quantity can you get?
PM sent

StreamFixer

Let's get a date set (?Early March?) so I can be sure to not make other commitments.

Thank you
StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

disposable

i know it's FAR out of the way, but if someone is making the drive (perhaps for other reasons?) through so cal, i can sell you lead at my price, pretty much unlimited volumes at just a few pennies better than $1.
Reveille
2012 Sea Chaser 17 (custom PH)
2013 Honda 90hp

AlAdams

I'm in if I'm around.  I am selling my house and need to off-load some fishing gear and arima stuff.  I don't get on this site as much as I used to so if someone with my cell phone # can text me with a date/time I'll be less likely to miss it.  Thx!  Al
You can't trust water, even a straight stick will turn crooked in it - WC Fields

'04 SR 21' w/Skip Tower  '04 Honda 130' '16 Honda 9.9

Fishgriller

I'm very interested.  My work schedule is very tight and includes some weekends, hopefully the stars will align.  It would be great to meet everyone ( in a socially distant manner, of course)
2018 Sea Chaser 17, 2018 Yamaha F115

ohmytodd

Just putting it out there (in case I can't make it to the pour), I have a rod and reel at Mark's on Whidbey that I need to get down to Oregon City ;)
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

ATGEP

Whos ready for a lead pour? A few of us are! :mememe: :stirthepot:

1000lbs picked up today

Diablo

Dang that is the nicest lead that has been brought to the pour.  :bigshock: No explosions this year with that.
I'm pretty sure I'll be going. Waiting for my second shot should able to be social by March.
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

wedocq

I am narrowing down the days for the lead pour. I am thinking either March 13th, or March 27th. What do you all think?

And just a reminder, regardless if you have been vaccinated, I am going to require masks to be worn!

I am having trouble locating all my lead pouring gear. So if you have molds, please bring them. Also, if you have a fool proof way of making pipe jigs, please bring that as well. I am going to have some lead available if you can't source any.

-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

ATGEP

Both dates work for me.  Earlier the better IMHO as it gives us options if we get a nasty storm.  My vote is for 13th with 27 as backup.

wedocq

One vote for the 13th, and since he's the man with all the lead, I am going to vote for the 13th as well! :anyone: :anyone:
-Shawn

The 13th is not going to work.  :doh: We are looking at the 27th or 28th of March.

GregE

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

ATGEP

Gear list I will bring:
lead poring pot
Burner, pot and ladle
pop up canopy

#2 and #3 eyes
20oz cannonball mold
48oz cannonball mold
Shad Spoon mold Sz: 3/4, 1, 1 1/2 oz  Uses Do-it cc wire forms   cc34, cc100, cc150
3-5oz banana weight mold  (uses #1 eyes)
24oz leadhead mold (uses 12/0 Mustad 34081D Classic O'Shaughnessy hooks)

wedocq

Sorry guys! The 13th just wasn't going to work. I have to move it up to March 27th or 28th.  :anyone:

ALSO, please post what molds you can bring with you!
I will have some lead available for those who can't bring much. If you are trying to source some yourself, try a metal recycler. I am in the process of figuring out where all my lead pouring gear went when I got divorced. So we may need y'all to dig deep.  :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

-Shawn

GregE

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Rifleman

Oh Boy, Gettin' close.
   I have several hundred pounds of lead. How about .85/lb.  I can hopefully bring 10lb finned ball mold and a 16 oz jig mold with hooks. Quite a bit of the lead is in 4-5 lbs crab pot weights  I'll try to get my buddies lead pot (propane) that we have used before. Last weekend in March my wife has rented a cabin at Westport. Maybe I can get the pickin's to the party if I can't make it.
                                                                                                 Rifleman (Russ 2)

wedocq

So I just bought a BUTT LOAD of wire forms and eyelets for my molds. I have managed to recover the vast majority of my lead pouring gear. Here is what I have:
12 lb downrigger ball mold
15 lb downrigger ball mold

2.5 lb halibut weight (round)
3 lb halibut weight (round)

4 oz Do-It diamond jig mold (uses form cc-400)

5 oz Do-It flutter jig mold (uses form FL-500)
4 oz Do-it flutter jig mold (uses form FL-400)
3 oz Do-It flutter jig mold (uses FL-300)

16 oz ball sinker
12 oz ball sinker

The Crown Jewel!
Norwegian Cod jig mold in sizes: 32 oz, 26 oz, and 20 oz.

There are a few other things out there, but I have not confirmed their location yet. :doh: But with everything others are bringing, we should be fine! The most versatile jig (for me) has been the 5 oz flutter jig. I bought 200 wire forms for that size. I will have at least 25-50 forms for all the other jigs as well. Feel free to get greedy! If you want to bring your own wire forms because you want 200 3 oz jigs, more power to you! I will pour lead with you until the beer runs out.  :beerchug:

I will have a limited amount (probable around 300 lbs) of lead available for the people who can't source their own. I will sell that for what I paid, roughly $1/lb.  Trust me, a few hundred pounds will go quicker than you think! Check out your local metal recycler. Many times they will sell it for around $1.50-2 lb.

Things to bring:
Beer
Heavy duty gloves (welding gloves work great!)
Eye protection
Mask
Beer
lead
wire forms if you want a large quantity
copper pipe for pipe jigs
Beer

Am I missing anything?  :anyone:

PM me for my address!
I have a crappy motorhome that can sleep 3 guys, and a spare bedroom that I think Streamfixer Russ will be using, if anyone wants to stay the night.

Let's do this!

ATGEP

Cotton clothes and leather boots.

A change of clothes for the ride home.

Remember hot lead looks just like cold lead

Markshoreline

Does anyone have 12# DR molds?  My old Scottys are slow on the 15's.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Hydroman

I have a 12lb mold with fin and plenty of brass eyes.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

wedocq

Quote from: Markshoreline on February 25, 2021, 09:03:47 PM
Does anyone have 12# DR molds?  My old Scottys are slow on the 15's.

I have a 15 lb and 12 lb.  :gone_fishing:
-Shawn

BayWolf

Question for you experienced lead pour guys.  I want to make a couple pairs of 12lb and 6lb copper/lead filled pipe weights.  (Not jigs) to use for downrigger weights. I'm thinking 1.5" or maybe 2" pipe.  Can someone chime in and give me some idea about how long of a pipe would be needed to get about 12lbs of lead into it?  Thanks.  Unfortunately, I don't believe I'm going be able to make it to the lead pour, so i'm going to try and make these at home.

Thanks.
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

disposable

depends on the weight of the pipes themselves, but if you wanna do some math, the density of lead is .409lb/cubic inch. roughly, every inch of 1.5 (ID) pipe holds about .72lb lead... so if that pipe adds around .25lb/inch... you're looking at roughly 1lb of finished weight for every 1inch of galvanized steel pipe. i should remember this better but it's been a while and getting foggier by the minute. i can look through some old texts and get back to you.
Reveille
2013 Honda 90hp

disposable

1" galvanized pipe, 18" long was around 9lbs
1 1/4" galvanized pipe, 12" long was the same
can't find the 1.5" pipe
Reveille
2013 Honda 90hp