News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Stress Relief II

Started by Hunter, November 26, 2020, 02:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Sheri and I got out into 8-2 out of Everett today for our annual Thanksgiving crab pot drop...  only about 6-7 boats and trailers total at the ramp and the wind and waves cooperated way better than was expected....  Just as we were coming back into the river we passed "Stress Relief II"  headed out...   Member here???

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone..  Through all of the turmoil and stress that this year has brought.....we all have a lot to be Thankful for...    and it was nice to see some Arima family members also out getting some "Stress Relief"  !!!   May your crab all be large, of the correct gender, hard shelled and plentiful!   

2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

polarbill1999

Good work getting out.  We haven't seen much activity on possession bar today other than a tribal crabbing boat. The wind really picked up this afternoon and we have gotten some spotty rain.

Good looking sea legend. 

Here is our view today and a couple pictures of the kids which perfectly sum up their personalities right now.

Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

Markshoreline

Your kids are as cute as pumpkin pie!
Are you in Sandy Hook?
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Hunter

Well..... here's the NOAA forecast for tomorrow..    Could be interesting with Small Craft Advisories.   Either way.... I have $1k of gear out there that needs to be retrieved.... and a boat that can handle it...... so I'm going to get it.     :beerchug:

https://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.php?mz=pzz135&syn=pzz100
All Garmin Electronics

polarbill1999

Quote from: Markshoreline on November 26, 2020, 04:37:35 PM
Your kids are as cute as pumpkin pie!
Are you in Sandy Hook?

Thanks Mark.  We are in sandy hook.  My parents house finished up (mostly) a couple months ago so we are doing our first Thanksgiving from Whidbey. 
Brett
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

Markshoreline

Nice, welcome to the neighborhood!  We're just south of the ferry.

polarbill1999

Quote from: Markshoreline on November 26, 2020, 08:41:16 PM
Nice, welcome to the neighborhood!  We're just south of the ferry.

It is fun to be back even though we just visit.  It is easier to visit them on south whidbey then Bainbridge where they moved from.  It is also kind of welcome back.  My father is actually 3rd generation to own the lot.  I grew up spending a lot of time in the summer at sandy hook. I am really excited for my kids to get the same experience.  Fires by the beach, playing in the park, riding bikes, walking out on the sand at low tide to whale rock and spending time on the salt fishing. 
Brett
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

Mooch

Quote from: Hunter on November 26, 2020, 06:08:35 PM
Well..... here's the NOAA forecast for tomorrow..    Could be interesting with Small Craft Advisories.   Either way.... I have $1k of gear out there that needs to be retrieved.... and a boat that can handle it...... so I'm going to get it.     :beerchug:

https://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.php?mz=pzz135&syn=pzz100

Hunter, you obviously made it back OK.  Channel 16 was lit up late this afternoon concerning a small craft in distress somewhere on the Sound.  CG was having trouble getting they're location.  Doubt it was a prank.  Hope they're OK, wind's ripping N Sound now.
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Hunter

Thanks Mooch.....  We made it back OK with full limits of nice hardshells from 8-2.....but we definitely earned them..   It was pretty dang snotty out yesterday.    Boat handled it well....  Just those 2 minutes while actually hauling a pot where you're kinda at the mercy of the wind and swells.... and things get a bit interesting.     Radio was definitely lit up.   I could hear the CG but not at all make out other boats so I doubt they were any anywhere in 8-2...   We only saw a couple other boats the whole time out... 
All Garmin Electronics

Markshoreline

Maybe it's age catching up to me, but if it's sloppy I'm happy to forgo the boat ride and go back tomorrow.   
Or the following day!

Hydroman

We have been fortunate this year we have gotten our limit (12) in one setting of 6 pots for an hour,  Hope the weather breaks and we can get out this coming week.  The weather as be terrible at mouth of Columbia 15'-20' swells and 6'-9' wind waves.
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

Hunter

Quote from: Hydroman on November 28, 2020, 10:41:13 PM
We have been fortunate this year we have gotten our limit (12) in one setting of 6 pots for an hour,  Hope the weather breaks and we can get out this coming week.  The weather as be terrible at mouth of Columbia 15'-20' swells and 6'-9' wind waves.

So is the limit only 4 crab in your area?...... Or can you drop more than 2 pots per license and the limit is 6?  Just curious...    Up here in the north sound, the limit is 5 crab per license and you can only fish 2 pots per license.   
All Garmin Electronics

Hydroman

Quote from: Hunter on November 29, 2020, 12:15:01 PM
Quote from: Hydroman on November 28, 2020, 10:41:13 PM

So is the limit only 4 crab in your area?...... Or can you drop more than 2 pots per license and the limit is 6?  Just curious...    Up here in the north sound, the limit is 5 crab per license and you can only fish 2 pots per license.   

No, we can have 12 per person, min. size is 5.5", we only keep ones over 6.5"
We can have 3 pot each, no limit of pots per boat.

We usually have 4 people on board and fish 6 pots for 1 hr setting. Last 2 trips out we got our limits in 1 setting.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS