News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Interior cushions for SR21HT

Started by Randallm, November 14, 2020, 04:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randallm

I'm helping a buddy restore a 2007 SR21HT. Some of you may remember the boat at one point owned by Chuck Jones called "Chuck's Wagon."  Well it was sunk in slip and we are resurrecting her.

I'm looking for measurements or pictures or whatever info we can find to order all new interior cushions.  Any help is muchly appreciated.  I guess anything on the boat that could float away... did 🤪

davidsea

If you weren't in SoCal, I'd suggest a visit to the factory for help.  Probably the best way to do cushions would be to get some large carboard (appliance or tv boxes) and make patterns, transfer the patterns to some quality 1/2" exterior plywood, and haul the wood around to local upholstery shops for bids.  Standard configuration would be 6 cushions:  2 forward, from the bow to the front of the portapotty, split left to right, 1 on each side over the storage compartments,  1 center filler, over the portapotty between the storage bins, and a second center filler from the potty to the helm bulkhead.   Having them made locally would also let you specify thickness and density of foam and type/color of upholstery material.
   I'm sure Arima would sell you a set, but with the size and weight for shipping, I don't think the cost would make sense.  If there's a local Arima dealer,  maybe they'd send a set in someone else's new boat delivery ??       Picture shows 4 of the 6 in an SR19.

1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Randallm

Thank you!  If anyone else has any photos of the SR21 interior, we're looking for great ideas!

mijo

So the backing of the cushions is plywood and not starboard?
Sea Chaser 19SC, 115 Yamaha

davidsea

My cushions, which appear to be factory original, are backed with light ply, which is covered with the same vinyl upholstery as the top and sides .  I can't see any benefit at all to using starboard.   Way more expensive, heavier (probably wouldn't float), and much harder to staple into.   If you have cushions made, make SURE that the upholsterer uses stainless staples - if they're not a marine upholstery shop, they probably won't.
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

mijo

Sea Chaser 19SC, 115 Yamaha

eriksr21ht

You still looking for the dimensions for the interior. I have a 21 sea ranger hard top. I will take photos and provide dimensions if needed.

Erik

NorCal. 
2006 21 Sea Ranger HT