News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

skip tower for 19' SR

Started by Walport, November 05, 2020, 07:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walport

Looking for a factory or aftermarket Skip Tower and/or top for my SR 19.  Any suggestions from the factory or aftermarket manufacturer appreciated.
Thanks

Humboldtfisher

Have you called Defiance? They're currently making me a skip top for my SC17. Ask for Samantha (Sam) and she will take your initial information and then most likely pass you on to Paul in the parts department.

Ross
2000 SC17 with 2018 Yamaha 90 hp.
Home port = Trinidad, CA.

ohmytodd

A non-factory option is https://www.atlantictowers.com/

I saw one of these on a 19 this summer and it looked quite nice, but it's a little longer overall. But as Ross said, call the factory, they're around the same price and are made specifically for our boats.
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

Walport

Thanks for the feedback.  I will be calling Defiance

Humboldtfisher

Walport:

Did you call Defiance yet? My skip top order is still in limbo land. I was told in early October that it would be produced and shipped in 7 to 10 days. In late October I emailed the contact person at Defiance - no reply. I then emailed this person again in late November - still no reply. Finally last week, I received an email from Joey, a plant manager, asking about my skip top order. He asked if I had a SR 19 because he had a top and frame in stock for a SR 19. I told him no, I have a SC 17. So over a three month period and multiple emails and phone calls, it still wasn't clear to Defiance what boat I had, even though this was discussed multiple times. This three month period doesn't include the four months between March-June when I first tried to get a skip top ordered.

But maybe you can jump on that skip top they have in stock for a SR 19.

Ross

Walport

Thanks for the info about your attempt to purchase a Skip Tower from Defiance.  This does not give me much confidence in their customer service and I've put my plans for my SR19 tower on hold.

Is this parr for the course when dealing with Defiance.  I'd like to hear some better news if it is out there.

Danno

Quote from: Walport on December 15, 2020, 10:36:07 AM
Thanks for the info about your attempt to purchase a Skip Tower from Defiance.  This does not give me much confidence in their customer service and I've put my plans for my SR19 tower on hold.

Is this parr for the course when dealing with Defiance.  I'd like to hear some better news if it is out there.

Waldpot, did you not read HBF's post thoroughly? They very likely have one IN STOCK for immediate purchase unless someone beats you to it. Considering it's on this forum, someone is probably going to if you hesitate.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

ohmytodd

When dealing with the Defiance/Arima parts department you have to really stay on top of them. They seem to have had a revolving set of people running that side of things and still don't seem to have it dialed in. I called every week or months and finally got a call back to place an order as I was driving up to Sekiu to pick up my second hand top. They're churning out boats, it's just a matter of time before they get the parts business back in order. If you're not in a hurry, keep trying! Nothing looks as good as the factory top, imho.

If they have one in stock, buy it today! You never know when you'll have the chance again.
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

Humboldtfisher

My skip top is finished and packed for delivery to CA!

mijo

Nice top. I asked pacific towers but it was about $5500 for a basic top
. No options
Sea Chaser 19SC, 115 Yamaha

Humboldtfisher

Mijo:

This skip top was $3,650 with rocket launcher and lights, and includes shipping to CA.

Ross

disposable

Reveille
2012 Sea Chaser 17 (custom PH)
2013 Honda 90hp

headduck

Quote from: Humboldtfisher on January 13, 2021, 01:48:18 PM
Mijo:

This skip top was $3,650 with rocket launcher and lights, and includes shipping to CA.

Ross

That seems...ahem... affordable... that was the frame, top and the extras..?
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Humboldtfisher

Headduck:

Yes.....frame, top, six-rod rocket launcher, anchor light, deck light and shipping ($400).

mijo

Tailout

What will the standing height be after install?
2022 Arima 19' Sea Chaser Yellowtail  115 hp Yamaha, Yamaha 9.9 kicker
Fish Rite 17x54 drift boat 6hp Yamaha
2007  Sea Ranger 19',  90 hp Honda 8hp Honda Kicker (Sold)

Hunter

That sounds like a square deal from Defiance...especially including the rocket launchers....   I think they normally charge 12 to 14 hundred for just the rocket launchers..
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Humboldtfisher

Tailout - I believe the headroom is 6' 4". Maybe someone with a skip top can confirm this.

mijo

Humboldtfisher, did you install your skip top?  Any pics? 😊

Humboldtfisher

Not yet, I hope to be dropping my boat off at my mechanic's shop later this week. Stay tuned..............