News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Columbia will re-open

Started by Hydro-Therapy, April 06, 2011, 05:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro-Therapy

It will open on Friday April 8 though Friday April 15 for the total of 8 days .Now if the fish just show up . This info is from the OFDW web site.
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

finfinn

You are right. Popped up today. Good fishing PDX bunch  :gone_fishing: .
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

BigMac

Currently the Columbia is running high, swift, and dirty (large trees are floating downstream above I-205 bridge).  What a mess!!!

IMO, it is a waste of time (unless you have nothing better to do, and won't use much fuel) to fish with these river conditions.  Haven't heard how long they plan to keep dumping water from the dams, but note that there is talk the season may be extended past this current reopening period.  To me that's an indication the river situation may not improve for some time.

It will be interesting to hear the catch reports and dam counts this next week. 

Dave

Danno

I drove over the Willy at OC yesterday and it's completely unfishable. High water and brown. Ugh!   :shrug9:
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

woody

BigMac

I totally agree, anyone who would try to fish in these conditions is either mentally off balance or a blithering idiot.

Russ, Danno and I are going fishing Saturday. Na na na na na.

Woody

ps    With all those trees and other debris in the water Russ insisted we take my craft ... he's smarter then the average PDX Arima Rat.

Vancouvertechie

Last Sunday was horrible with the amount of debris coming down the river.  The next week does not look any better.

The Columbia was flowing 398,500 cubic feet per second at Bonneville Dam on Wednesday.

That's up from 390,000 cfs on Monday and about 200,000 cfs too high.

Add to the high flow, the dropping visibility. The reading on Wednesday at Bonneville was 2.0 feet, down from 2.5 feet on Tuesday.
2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)
1992 Zodiac Hurricane Honda 135HP
1987 44' Tollycraft Motoryacht

woody

If we do go, it will be the mouth of the Willy or the slough.  You know your WA license is good for I mile in on rivers I think. Check with Russ, but some of the productive Willy might be open to you. I don't advise motoring your Arima a mile up the Sandy though.  (The mile is boats, not bank fishing.)

Woody

ranger

Anyone know where these regulations are posted?  I did a search on ODFW and google and came up empty.  I always thought the Columbia slough and any part of the Willamette or Sandy were closed to Washington licensed anglers.  I enjoy fishing the slough but the licence is just too expensive.

Thanks in advance

woody

Russ was my source.  I'll have him chime in.  Expect you should look at your WA license to see what they define and what they say the interstate agreements are.  We know both of can cross the 1/2 way mark ... and even to the edges.  How much further is the question.

Russ???

Woody

I just spent time going over regs for WA and OR.  WA says OR licenses OK in Camas Slough from a fishing platform. Could not find similar language in OR regs.  Could not find info re" Entry ways to rivers and streams of the Columbia.  OK for most ocean, either license.

Of course, by now my eyes are tired.

w

StreamFixer

Quote from: woody on April 09, 2011, 01:07:04 PM
Russ was my source.  I'll have him chime in.  Expect you should look at your WA license to see what they define and what they say the interstate agreements are.  

Here is a link to an ifish discussion that pretty much covers the question.

It appears Multnomah Channel is considered a Oregon waterway.  If you fish there with a boat, it looks like you will need to pay the $22 invasive species fee, non-resident license and purchase a salmon tag.   Page 94 of the oregon regs speaks to it, I don't know where to find it in the Washington manual.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

ranger

Thanks guys, I appreciate the information.

Camas slough open to Oregon fishermen but Multnomah not to Washington fishermen, interesting.