News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Bite me and salt boss fixed kicker bracket-where to buy?

Started by Reel Luxy Duxy, October 12, 2020, 05:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Chaser

I have a Yamaha F6 and the bite me too bracket.

2013 SC1511.

J.
Sea Chaser 1511, Yamaha F70, Yamaha F6 kicker

Hunter

Quote from: J Chaser on November 21, 2020, 03:49:17 PM
I have a Yamaha F6 and the bite me too bracket.

2013 SC1511.

J.

JC..... is your kicker a 20in or a 25?     It looks like it tilts up high enough to run on plane without spinning the prop.. 

Also... not at all meant... to be a nanny..... but a prop guard on that kicker might be a worthwhile investment to protect the prop and keep DR lines and fishing lines from getting wrapped.
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

BayWolf

Did you remove your tie down eye?  I'm wondering if my bracket will sit in the same place?
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

Hunter

If you zoom in on JC's pic...it looks like the tie down / tow eye is just clear of the Bite Me Too install! 
All Garmin Electronics

BayWolf

Quote from: Hunter on November 21, 2020, 05:36:34 PM
If you zoom in on JC's pic...it looks like the tie down / tow eye is just clear of the Bite Me Too install!

It looks like it's attached to the side of his bracket to me. 

First Sergeant

La-Z-Buoy

Quote from: BayWolf on November 21, 2020, 05:51:42 PM
Quote from: Hunter on November 21, 2020, 05:36:34 PM

It looks like it's attached to the side of his bracket to me.

It is.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Hunter

Right you both are......  Maybe it's time for new glasses for me!
All Garmin Electronics

J Chaser

My kicker is a 20". It's actually a little too short in choppy seas.

Re prop guard...thanks but with the location of my downriggers the line does not come near, even on tight turns.

Also I prefer to use my main for trolling..

J.
Sea Chaser 1511, Yamaha F70, Yamaha F6 kicker

fishmiester

Bay Wolf: A friend of mine and I built a fixed bracket nearly identical to the Arima brackets. Our measurements were just a shade different than arima brackets, but the sponson angle was the same. That's the key to these brackets. We built and sold a few of them for 450.00, but both of us are retired, and love to fish and it started to cut into our fishing time. So after we had used up our existing aluminum supplys we quit building them. We sold our brackets with no mounting holes, so you could match your existing holes and drill the brackets to your own needs, or fill the holes in your transom and mount it wherever you wanted it. I would never go back to an adjustable bracket. I have a bf 15 honda on mine, and it is solid, no flop, no wiggle.
If it swims, Ill  chase it
84 17' Seachaser, 2010 90hp Tohatsu tldi, BF15 Honda Custom welded kicker bracket.#lovethisboat

Scottjohnson59

I have the Goetz and rebuilt the bracket last year. Yesterday it wouldnt go down ruined the trip. I replaced the relays still no love so we came home, now Im going to build a fixed bracket. I dont get the prices they are charging for these things even powder coating materials and labor seems like robbery to me.
Im retired but have started toying with starting up a fab shop in my barn; between custom D/R mounts, kicker brackets, and skiptops a guy could stay fairly busy and make tons of money at dealer prices............
Scott in Milton
19 Sea Chaser skip top 1994
150 Yamaha 2019 9.9 Yamaha 2020
Furuno Radar and Never Again Garmin electronics

BayWolf

Quote from: Scottjohnson59 on November 25, 2020, 07:36:23 AM
I have the Goetz and rebuilt the bracket last year. Yesterday it wouldnt go down ruined the trip. I replaced the relays still no love so we came home, now Im going to build a fixed bracket. I dont get the prices they are charging for these things even powder coating materials and labor seems like robbery to me.
Im retired but have started toying with starting up a fab shop in my barn; between custom D/R mounts, kicker brackets, and skiptops a guy could stay fairly busy and make tons of money at dealer prices............

Let me know if you start building these:  :beerchug:

First Sergeant