Author Topic: Fake pumps online  (Read 104 times)

Offline davidsea

Fake pumps online
« on: September 16, 2020, 12:44:20 AM »
   I was on Amazon today comparing prices for the above post on Rule pumps on sale.  BUYER BEWARE.....lots of cheap knock-offs that look just like Rule and other name brand pumps.  The Rule copies look identical...same red, white, and blue color, same white lettering, and similar-sounding names.   One Rule 1100 copy claims 1100 GPH with a 3 amp max. drain,  includes a float switch and 3-year warranty - for $17.99.   Uhhh - don't think so.   The real one draws 4.7 amps and costs $45 on sale, switch optional.
   While Arimas won't sink, they also won't get on plane full of water.  I've tried it - in fresh water - and if the water is much above the aft floor, it takes a LONG time to pump out enough to get the boat up and planing, even with my 900 and 700 GPH pumps both running.
If you need to save money, this is one of the worst places to do it, especially if you have only one pump onboard.    m2c
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda 115
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda 50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Offline gtboosted

Re: Fake pumps online
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 06:28:20 AM »
The one's you mentioned for $17 are easy to spot because they are listed as different brands. So they're not really fake. They only copy the color scheme.

What you should really be worried about is the listings for the Rule brand. You may think you are buying the correct one but can receive a fake one. One that will say "Rule" but it's a copy.

You can avoid most fakes by purchasing when it says "Ship and sold by Amazon". But it's not really a guarantee with small brands.

Offline AJFishin

Re: Fake pumps online
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 04:17:09 PM »
The one's you mentioned for $17 are easy to spot because they are listed as different brands. So they're not really fake. They only copy the color scheme.

What you should really be worried about is the listings for the Rule brand. You may think you are buying the correct one but can receive a fake one. One that will say "Rule" but it's a copy.

You can avoid most fakes by purchasing when it says "Ship and sold by Amazon". But it's not really a guarantee with small brands.

:yeahthat:

They try to do a good job on making them look identical.
The one on the left is fake.
1996 Sea Chaser 16, 2018 Suzuki DF60AV
1987 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90

Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle