News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Fish Tank drain into bilge

Started by hurstian, September 01, 2020, 09:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurstian

on my SL, when I use fresh water to spray the deck, most the water drained through self bailing drain hole, but there are always significant amount of water leaked through the cover of fish tank into bilge. I have to use bilge pump every time after sprayed the deck. Is that normal? I certainly hope fish tank cover is tighter so I don't have to use bilge pump after deck spray.
2000 Sea Legend Skip Top
Point Roberts, Washington

Danno

You're experiencing what every non-SL Arima owner experiences. It's no big deal. Don't you have two bilge pumps and isn't ne an automatic pump?

I turn on my automatic pump when I start my outboard at the dock and turn it off when I get back to the dock. It stays on throughout the day. I never notice it running unless I happen to see water come out the port side.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

GregE

He has a SL 22

Yep, the fish box lids are not water tight and clearing the water and fish blood is needed.
I have a silicon bead around the fuel tank cover to keep that area dry.  On our previous 22 I took that cover off and lots of dirt and junk was on the fuel tank.

( the wire runs are bundled now and the battery switch relocated to the top left of the Starboard )
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

waldocod

Yes, it's totally normal. I  have to use the bilge pump(s). One thing I did do was notch the drains so all the water drains out. The drains I have are rounded and allowed standing water
2002 Sea Legend HT "Crazy Carol"

hurstian

My self bailing drains are covered by rubber flap from outside to prevent water backflow. Do you notch the drain pipe right behind the flap?

Quote from: waldocod on September 20, 2020, 10:45:44 AM
Yes, it's totally normal. I  have to use the bilge pump(s). One thing I did do was notch the drains so all the water drains out. The drains I have are rounded and allowed standing water
2000 Sea Legend Skip Top
Point Roberts, Washington

waldocod

The drains I notched are the ones inside the fish holds.
2002 Sea Legend HT "Crazy Carol"