News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

WTB - 16' to 19' Arima

Started by kriznol, August 05, 2020, 10:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kriznol

I'm looking to buy a 16' to 19' Arima. I'd prefer something with more floor space, so a 17' Sea Chaser or 19' Sea Ranger would be ideal. My cash budget is $10K, but I might be interested in financing and going a litter higher if the boat was newer and a good fit.

Thanks!

Fisherdv

Would be helpful to know where you are located?
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

kriznol

Located in Coos Bay, Oregon. Willing to travel to adjacent states.

amazing grace

I assume you saw headducks 19SR skiptower. That is a nice set up.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

kriznol

Yeah, that skiptop is a sweet boat. I was seriously considering a bank loan. It's just a bit out of my budget, though. Someday.

I'm currently looking pretty seriously at this 17' SC in Omak:

https://wenatchee.craigslist.org/boa/d/riverside-arima-sea-chaser/7148918139.html

Quote1985 17' Arima Sea Chaser. Custom top. 70 hp Johnson is the original motor with boat and runs excellent with low hours for a 1985. Boat has been stored in garage for last 10 years without use. Too nice of boat to not be used. Excellent fishing boat for large lakes and salt water. No electronics with boat. 10 hp kicker is optional (short shaft from a different boat). Calkins trailer has good tires. Boat is clean, flooring is solid, wood paneling in good condition.

What do guys think of the price? The hull looks to be in excellent condition, but I've seen some similar boats equipped with nice 4-stroke outboards, kickers, and electronics in the $13-15K range. What do you think would be fair offer?

Danno

You should be able to find a much better deal out there.

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

kriznol

Quote from: Danno on August 06, 2020, 09:37:22 AM
You should be able to find a much better deal out there.

What would you value that boat at?

Danno

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

NWspeedthree

I emailed the guy in Omak and he took the boat in to a shop to have the main looked over as most the people that responded to his ad had reservations about the motor. Looks like a clean boat. I'm in the same position as you Kriznol looking for a 17 or 19. Probably going to wait until fall then start looking again. Good luck with the search
1991 Sea Explorer, Evinrude E-Tec 60

NWspeedthree

kriznol

I think we're both in the same boat ... both looking for a 17' ... both posted up in front of our computers hitting the RELOAD button on Craigslist.

Quote from: NWspeedthree on August 07, 2020, 12:03:21 PM
Just showed up on craigslist. Not mine and not the size I'm looking for.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/d/bonney-lake-arima-sea-explorer-16ft/7173196858.html

NWspeedthree

:yeahthat: That is exactly it. Looking for a 17 hoping for a 19 in our price range :)

headduck

https://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/d/colville-1991-arima-sea-ranger-19/7170135073.html

This guy may be worthy of deeper investigation. Pretty close to value of hull and trailer.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

kriznol

I just make it home with my new boat, a 19' Sea Ranger. Thanks to everyone who offered help, leads, and suggestions. This thread can be closed. I'll start a new thread in the general forum with some photos of the boat and a few questions that I have.