News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Sekiu trip 22 23 24 (last week)

Started by fishmiester, July 27, 2020, 03:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishmiester

Arrived at masons around 9 am. Had to wait about 45 minuts for the tide to come in enough to launch. Got launched and headed out to Slip point. Water was good started marking a few fish by Little Muselinee in about 150 feet of water. one rigger set at 100 ft. and the other one at 120. After trolling about a half hr. my fishing partner boated a shaker king about 20 inches long.  Then a long dry spell, marking a few fish but not a lot, I boated and released a small shaker king. Probably 25 boats around us , but plenty of room for every body. We fished until about 3:30 changing depths both on the riggers and water depth. Never saw a fish boated around us. By this time we were ready to call it for the day, as we had been up since 4. Day 2 we were out early, had talked to a couple of guys on the dock that said there was a little bite down off Eagle bay, so we headed down there, stopping to fish the cave for a couple of passes with about 50 of our closest friends. No love so we began our troll west in about 140 feet of water. no fish on the finder, tried moving deeper and shallower very few marks on the screen and what we did see was deep. My fishing partners rod finaly goes off and he says another shaker, then he says this is not a salmon.  turns out it was a small chicken halibut. Ok that was fun but we were getting kind of ready for something worthwhile. we decided to make the run back up to the green can. Radio chatter was all about all the shakers in the area, and no keepers. We trolled east, nada. So we decided to head in, take a nap and come back out for the evening high water show. but just passed the green can my rod burries the tip to the water and the fight was on. I told my partner, this aint no shaker, I just hope it don't have too many fins. Turned out it was a respectable 15 lb hatch. Finally, a keeper in the box. We fished a little more and went in. The evening bite did not happen. Day 3 we only had the morning to fish so we headed back to Slip point, where a nice silver tried its best to tear my rod out of the holder, made a couple of 100 ft. sizzling runs a couple of jumps entirely out of the water. and promtly threw the hooks 15 feet from the boat. Nothing after that. We spent a lot of time fishing and not a lot of time catching, but it was still a good trip. Sekiu was packed out with fisherman and boats, but everybody was respectful of one another, and the weather was good. We may head back up during silver season in Sept. if it stays open that long.
If it swims, Ill  chase it
84 17' Seachaser, 2010 90hp Tohatsu tldi, BF15 Honda Custom welded kicker bracket.#lovethisboat

Crackerbox

Nice report, sorry the catching wasn't productive for you guys.  Going to try and make it up there for Area 4 halibut, it will be a zoo.

Joe