News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Last Topic I'll EVER post here

Started by Salmon King, March 12, 2012, 04:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salmon King

Just wanted to let everyone know that although the deal has not been completely consummated I have decided to rid myself of my SeaChaser.

I've grown tired of it and since I also no longer am involved with other Arima owners there's really no reason for me to hang onto it. 
So...I've made a tentative deal to trade it for a 1967 16' Lund outfit (yup an old leaky, riveted aluminum hull).  Hmmm...wonder if there's a Lund Forum(?).
I know I'm getting the short end of the deal (by far...), but I've decided to direct my efforts in another direction.

Thought some of you would be interested in the news...and at least one individual here will be pleased when I'm gone.

I had a good time while I was involved here and sincerely hope I was of some help to those who asked. 
Thank you to all that provided advice when I requested it (most of it was wise and very applicable to me).

Terry B.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Chief of the Boat

Terry,
Sorry to hear you are leaving.  Good luck with your Lund, make sure you have enough PFD's.  
Terry

StreamFixer

Best of luck in your endeavors.

Dinosaur fishing offer remains open, just let me know when.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

woody

Sorry to hear that, best of luck.  Thanks for the help, especially the ones that you directed to me when I asked. (Dynamat, decarbing, bottom paint, and others over the years and especially your advice that I should never bet against the Canucks)

Woody

BurnsieBabe

Sorry to see you go Terry.  I am glad I got to meet you.

Belinda  :hoboy:
Belinda Burns
Arima Marine International Inc from 1997
Defiance Marine LLC from 2013 (since Arima purchase)

theSaltyPuddle

Why would you trade it and not sell and buy what you want????????

Sent from my HTC
1985 SC 17, 2017 Mercury 90Hp

Seattleflyfisher

Hey Terry

It was nice to have you on this site. I will miss your Arima talk and hope you good fishing! If you see me at whidbey by the boat launch please stop by. I am the 2nd house to the south of the boat launch.

Darren

So.Cali

Salmon, I didn't ge the cance to know you since I'm just a new guy here, but it's sad to see you go. Must have been a painful decision. I have read some of your old posts, so I do hav to say thank you for what u hav done.

CanvasGuy

Terry..
As you know... :biggrin:
just because you are Not an Arima owner you are still welcome here..
so fill free to stop by once in awhile at least.
You will be missed..
Best of luck, and buy heated pads for that lund.. :yeahthat:

CG, Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

croaker stroker

Sorry to hear you're going to be Arimaless. I hope you will continue to pop in occasionally.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Salmon King

Quote from: theSaltyPuddle on March 12, 2012, 06:06:42 PM
Why would you trade it and not sell and buy what you want????????

Sent from my HTC

Since you have asked me why...

Well, I decided to give it to a Wounded Warrior for his family.  He's not only outgrown his 16' Lund but with his disability it'll be harder for him to fish...especially with his kids.
You can imagine, he has a real need for a boat like mine and besides...like I said...I've grown kinda bored (lost interest) with it.

The deals not completely done yet as his wife thinks there's something fishy about my wanting to trade him my pretty Arima for his "leaky old boat".
With his I could still fish Salmon, Crab, and Shrimp.  I'd just have to do it closer to home.
  If the deal fails to go through I may or may not sell. 
I can always let it sit in the garage until those "perfect weather", "Perfect Tide" days come around.  Don't matter to me.

Never know...My future may find me another Arima project boat and fix it up.  Or I'll just buy what I want when I'm ready.
Terry B.

2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

wedocq

Terry,
I will miss ya! You have kept things lively on this board. Feel free to stop on in and say hi.  :shrug9:
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

SRanger

SK,

Was hoping you would continue to prototype the hardtop on a smaller (less than 19ft) Arima.   Hope you hang around no matter which boat(s) you end up with.

SR
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)

GoodDays

:applause: Awesome that the boat can go to a vet who can make use of it. :applause:    I hope you still hang out here as your posts are always appreciated. Hopefully life will bring you back to Arima one day !    If you are ever in Campbell River and feel the neeed to spend some time in an Arima, Look me up !

GoodDays Greg

xplorz

Good Luck to ya Terry! Wishing you all the best, as we all know, you gotta do what you gotta do.
'89 Arima Sea Chaser 17, 98 Honda horses.

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Terry B...That was an honorable thing to do and it speaks from your heart, even if you didn't get the Lund in trade.

I am looking to support the Wounded Warriors program by taking disabled persons fishing. Have one nephew lined up that is able to board my boat OK, but I am seriously thinking about some kind of davit arrangement to load/offload paraplegic/wheel chair, etc.

I am not the worlds best fisherman, but as most of us know, a day on the water is one great way to renew one's spirit.
Pay it forward gang...Hang that flag out......Support our troops and thank them every chance we get.
Good luck to you Terry.... you got my email address...stay in touch.   John W.
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

Salmon King

Well...

Turns out this was not my last topic on this board.

My vet and his family came by today and we took the boat to the water, and did a little fishing, (after all my work the boat ran flawlessly BTW...).  Water was beautiful this morning too!   when we were coming back in they were quietly discussing the trade but when we got back in they thanked me for a great morning on the water but they decided not to make the trade.  Turns out that they had made plans to move back to Kansas later this year."  She insisted the boat they have is more than enough for him, his wife and their daughter....and she really didn't want to even take that with them when the moved.  The little girl really like the boat too, especially the "cabin that was like a fort".

Anyway...I told the guy he's welcome to fish with me as much as he likes until they leave.  The wife said they really couldn't afford to go because they had to save every penny and I told her that I didn't expect anything from them but to have a great time on the water with someone.   I told her that she and her daughter were welcome to come along with us if they wanted too.  
  Personally I think she was thinking that I was feeling sorry for her family situation and all but she didn't really express it out loud.  

They had a point about not making the trade though...Kansas really doesn't have much in the way of lakes to utilize a boat like an Arima and if I lived back there I'd have something different too.

Guess you all are still stuck with me...at least for a bit.  You guys will let me stick around won't you?
Terry B.

2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

croaker stroker

I would have missed you. Welcome back.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

CanvasGuy

Cheers mate.. That was quick...WELCOME BACK

CGBE
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

wedocq

Terry,
Well it's obvious you have a big, kind heart.  :bowdown:  I am glad to see you back though!  :party:
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

BigMac

SK,

Nice thing you were trying to do.  Just because it didn't work out does not diminish the selfless act.

But not to worry, you have built up the bank account with lots of good Karma.

Glad to have you back.

(Dave)

StreamFixer

Why wouldn't we welcome you to continue to participate?   :shrug9: Good to see you posting again.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

finfinn

Agree with Mac - do not feel bad about them not taking your offer to go and fish. We have a saying in finnish that translates kind like "what has been offered has been given and received". You made the offer and thus gave the gift of your time and kindness. They had the option of taking your offer or not. Anyway - if you have a need for fishing buddies please let me know. Anybody spending that much time on the water has to be better fisherman than I am and I want to learn :bowdown:.
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

GoodDays

Good to have you back !! 

GoodDays Greg

t2shortb

outstanding thing you were trying to do there SK.... shows the kinda stuff you are made of. Glad to have you back or glad you never left. I know your posts have been helpful and informative to many on here
Women want me.... Fish fear me......
86 17SC  "Krippled Mullet"
2012 ETEC 115
2006/2003 Yamaha F8/F6 Frankin-clash (dont ask)