News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Custom Belly Tank

Started by martin3, July 07, 2020, 03:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker stroker

That's where I mounted mine. The filter can will rust around the top edge, so I smear grease around it.

Another idea I thought I might try is to paint that edge with something....or maybe smear 5200 and let it dry before screwing it on. ??
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

FishAddict

Looking good!!  The 21.5" will be plenty to walk through.  With the notch you had built in your tank could you have moved the bait tank any farther forward?  Another 6 inches or so?

Also can you show what you do for the tank mounting plates?  Will it be removable?
21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150

martin3

Quote from: croaker stroker on October 10, 2020, 05:32:50 PM
That's where I mounted mine. The filter can will rust around the top edge, so I smear grease around it.

Another idea I thought I might try is to paint that edge with something....or maybe smear 5200 and let it dry before screwing it on. ??

Hey Croaker,

How often do you change your filter??
I change mine out about every 40 hrs. (or twice per year regardless of hours.)
If I leave them on for the full year,  I see rust.

Brushable Plastic dip would work well to coat the top edge of the filter.
lay a tape line to get a nice clean edge,  I might have to try that for fun!

MJM3

1990 SR Skip Top  "Gypsea Soul"
2013 Etec 115H.O.

martin3

Quote from: FishAddict on October 10, 2020, 05:41:33 PM
Looking good!!  The 21.5" will be plenty to walk through.  With the notch you had built in your tank could you have moved the bait tank any farther forward?  Another 6 inches or so?

[b]I could have moved the tank about another 1.5" forward by using smaller deck plate for the hoses.
I used 4" deck plate that I had laying around. It sits exactly where I planned. The hoses come up at the forward end of the
16" fuel tank notch.  Where the tank is now,   the passage is consistent all around.

[/b]

Also can you show what you do for the tank mounting plates?  Will it be removable?
Removable.....No. It's going to be mounted permanently.

I cut <2> 5/8 marine ply pieces into oval deck plate and laminated together with West System Epoxy.
Once dried,   I added 2 additional coats to encapsulate in Epoxy.

The Plate will be mounted to center hatch with 4 SS carriage bolts and 4 SS lag screws to deck.
The tank will drop right over the plate and attached with <10> SS screws and finishing washers.
I will add some pics tomorrow of the mount.

MJM3

2013 Etec 115H.O.

croaker stroker

I change it every year.

Racor makes a vacuum guage that mounts to the filter housing.

Good idea on the plastic dip.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

martin3

Here are a couple photos of my Bait Tank Mounting Plate.
This thing is solid.

After I made the cut outs.....I realized it's the "Millenium Falcon".

MJM3

2013 Etec 115H.O.

martin3

I got the tank mounting plate installed today.
<6> 3/8 HEX bolts secure the plate to the rear deck lid.

Here are some more photos.

MJM3

2013 Etec 115H.O.

martin3

Space around the tank is really good.

I will screw in the tank tomorrow with <12> #10 SS screws and finish washers.

MJM3

2013 Etec 115H.O.

disposable

Thanks for showing me your project today, Martin!
Reveille
2012 Sea Chaser 17 (custom PH)
2013 Honda 90hp

martin3

Hey Jose,

It was good meeting you today.
I was glad to show you my progress on the project.

MJM3

2013 Etec 115H.O.

martin3

Bait tank installation is done.
Oh yeah!

My wife surprised me with another custom sticker......she actually is onboard with this project now.
Wonders never cease.

MJM3

2013 Etec 115H.O.

FishAddict

Fantastic!  Could you have pushed the bait tank another 6 inches forward with the custom fuel tank notch?  My 21 appears to have more deck space and it would be nice to have the tank just a little farther forward with a bigger dance floor.  It looks like perfect placement on your boat.  Did you put a bead of silicone or 4200 around the base of the tank to keep water and fish blood/guts from getting trapped?
21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150

martin3

Quote from: FishAddict on October 19, 2020, 10:26:13 AM
Fantastic!  Could you have pushed the bait tank another 6 inches forward with the custom fuel tank notch?  My 21 appears to have more deck space and it would be nice to have the tank just a little farther forward with a bigger dance floor.  It looks like perfect placement on your boat.  Did you put a bead of silicone or 4200 around the base of the tank to keep water and fish blood/guts from getting trapped?

No,   the placement is exactly where I planned for.   It can't go any further forward.
I'm happy with the passage between motor well and tank.
If any more forward,   I would have to ditch the companion seat.

As far as caulking the lower edge of tank,   not yet.
The mounting plate and screws are all caulked in.
I will be caulking in the hatches and low edge of the tank soon.
I want to do 1 test run of the tank before gluing everything in.

MJM3

2013 Etec 115H.O.

Tj805

Looks great !
Keep up the good work.
2000 sea chaser 19
Honda 130
2014 yamaha f8