News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Size of the dance floor on Sea Legend?

Started by George, June 28, 2020, 07:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

Does anyone happen to know the size of the interior of the Sea Legend from Cuddy cabin to the transom?

straiteagle

From cuddy cabin door to the transom/engine well front is 11 ft.  Add 10 inches to go back on either side of the engine well to the left and right compartments in the sponsons.  The widest measure is 7ft 6in just outside the helm cabin curtains at the beginning of the fishing area.
2005 Sea Legend, 200HP Suzuki,15HP EFI Suzuki

headduck

Man that's generous.

What's the distance from bulkhead back? Fishing deck.

2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

GregE

Duck, that depends on the configuration.  AK bulkhead, canvas, skip.  We moved  the canvas inside the top support rails, some are outside...

I'll grab  a tape when I go back.  Here's a pic with the seat boxes out

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Hunter

As a previous owner of a 22SL..... I can say that the dancefloor is a totally huge wide load...

2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

GregE

Yep.   :yeahthat:

Measuring from the center section forward to the original canvas fasteners 53" to the present canvas, 63"

Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

headduck

Wow. Those are big.

Coming from the 17, the 19 skip seems giant. But pales in comparison to the legend. Seems silly, but I have been thinking about how the Legend might be too much boat.

Although it seems as if it's the perfect compromise between trailerability (made up word) ease of launch, and on water capability.

But is it too big for the 110 pound first mate to wrestle at the dock? She was stating the 19 skip (although in the wind) was pushing her limits of control. Hard to say, it was her first time handling the 19. She works the 17 just fine.

I'm always thinking about what could be next, even though next might not be for a few years. :)

Is the size overly taxing for the fairer of our first mates?

Hunter

My wife is 5'  3"  and 120lbs and we never had any issues at the dock with our 22SL HT.....even in the wind...    We didn't even have full size load guides on the trailer...which we do on the new Tin Can and I can say for certain that the full 9ft carpeted trailer load guides really do make a huge difference for ease of handling retrievals at the ramp.
All Garmin Electronics

headduck

That's encouraging Hunter, thanks.

I guess I'll progressively "flex" her as move up in boat size. Like boiling a frog...

ak-angler

My 5'-2" Admiral doesn't have any issues with handling our 26' Cape Cruiser at the oftentimes busy and hectic dock.
1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A - Sold

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's

polarbill1999

I know this is an old thread but I keep getting surprised by how much fishing deck is on our 16 sea chaser.  I will add the above dimensions to my spreadsheet.  The fishing cockpit (basically drop curtain to front of motorwell is about the same on the 16 sea chaser as it is on the 22.  That said the 22 has a 15" wider cockpit and depending on your seating options could have quite a bit more room behind the seats. 
Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

beancounter

I am working a deal on a 22 Sea Legend HT AK bulkhead right now. Should know something before too long. Uncanny you guys bring this topic up at this time. I hate the bulkhead but love the boat otherwise. I would prefer a drop curtain makes it easier getting to the rods when they go down while trolling and gives more room.

Hunter

Quote from: beancounter on December 17, 2020, 12:09:17 PM
I am working a deal on a 22 Sea Legend HT AK bulkhead right now. Should know something before too long. Uncanny you guys bring this topic up at this time. I hate the bulkhead but love the boat otherwise. I would prefer a drop curtain makes it easier getting to the rods when they go down while trolling and gives more room.

BC....I think that ultimately you will be very happy with the added warmth, security and noise reduction while on the cruise that the bulkhead offers...   Also, the Arima BH on the legend is almost all glass so there's not a lot of takeaway from the visibility to the aft.  On nice days you'll just keep the door latched open.   Does it have the No. 10 seating option with the dinette on port and the sink / small rear facing seat on starboard?   

The SL also has that removeable center floor in the cabin that you can remove to get more headroom if you want....  We pretty much just left ours in rather then stepping up and down from the cockpit...  I'm just a bit over 6ft and even though I could not fully stand up in the cabin with the floorboard in, I never really noticed it.    Good luck with your deal!!   
All Garmin Electronics

beancounter

I had a 22HT with the bulkhead before Hunter and that was the only thing I did not like on it. Obviously not that bad to buy another one. I am on big water here and a 21/22 would be more comfortable for me here than the 19. I am not trailering anymore so being nimble is not a big concern.

Hunter

Quote from: beancounter on December 17, 2020, 02:43:15 PM
I had a 22HT with the bulkhead before Hunter and that was the only thing I did not like on it. Obviously not that bad to buy another one. I am on big water here and a 21/22 would be more comfortable for me here than the 19. I am not trailering anymore so being nimble is not a big concern.

Cool... hopefully the SL you are looking at is a 2002 or later model so it has the improved and better chine lines at the bow!   
All Garmin Electronics

GregE

Jimmie BC-  there may be a local 12 step boat buyers group available   :wink:

I liked our 22 ReBait with the AK bulkhead and didn't have any problems hustleing out to grab a rod.  Made it quit secure and comfortable for overnighting.  Of course with your dock in the back yard.......  :shrug9:

Greg

Danno

Greg, I remember seeing that SL in Oregon City before I bought my first Arima. What year was that? IIRC, you trialed it in the Willamette at the West Linn Willamette Park launch.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

GregE

Yes- Sea trial in the rain.  2008

She's up in Dutch Harbor AK.  Should have kept her    :shrug9:

Greg