News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Area 10 resident coho?

Started by pickles1107, June 01, 2020, 06:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickles1107

In years past I have done ok on the resident coho in Kingston/Jeff point area in June. Just don't remember how early. Are there any fish there yet?  I guess that's a silly question since they are residents?

Anyone have any luck out there today?

dew

Report I received yesterday was between 7 charters there was one fish caught. It was easy limits (1-2 hours max) by June 15 last year but was still pretty good on the opener.
1989 SR 17
2012 F115
2012 T9.9

Mooch

Got a late start for halibut today, so went for local silvers out of Kingston instead.  No joy for me or anyone else I saw or talked to.  Tide was running hard. 

While I was on the SE corner of Jeff Head, I saw this coming up the shipping lane towards me.  As soon as I started taking pictures as it approached, one of chase boats broke off and headed directly towards me with blue lights flashing.  As soon as I put the camera down and I went back to my downrigger  they turned back to formation.  They must have some amazing binoculars.

Figured as long as I was out getting skunked I might as well do some recon on swimps for the upcoming opener.  Sure enough, found them grazing on one of my "secret" waypoints.  Now if they will just hang around for a week.

When I got back to the launch it looked liked someone was preparing to get a jump on the crabbing. (not me.  :shrug9:)

Over and out.

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Mooch

Still no love from MA10 resident silvers, but I did get a nice early surprise on my first pass over the Kingston reef this morning.  A beautiful native nook hen, which I'd estimate @ 12-14#.  It was a total goat rodeo since I was alone and unprepared for anything but dinks.  Not to mention it hit very shallow water.  Apologizes for the picture quality, but I was a bit preoccupied with releasing it without removing from the water.  ;)  Sure hope this is a sign of better things to come from kings than we're currently seeing from resident silvers.  Good luck out there.

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

pickles1107

GregE

Mooch,  Nice shrimp cloud pics!!   :clap:

Do you travel with your main down? 
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Mooch

Greg, not surprised you would pick that detail up, as a man for details and pre-flight checklists.   :wink:

But just so you know, I was flushing the engine as I went over to take the pic.  In spite of what Smooch will tell ya, I can multitask.  And yes, I did remember to raise it before heading for the barn.  This time.   :doh:

polarbill1999

Saw a report on Facebook from today that someone caught a limit (3 in 20 min).  Not sure specifics but guessing Jeff head or edmonds.  Hopefully a good sign they are moving in. 
Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

dew

Quote from: polarbill1999 on June 07, 2020, 09:03:36 PM
Saw a report on Facebook from today that someone caught a limit (3 in 20 min).  Not sure specifics but guessing Jeff head or edmonds.  Hopefully a good sign they are moving in.

Did you have any more details? 3 fish in 20 minutes sounds great! Regs are 2 fish per person though, so 3 fish does not constitute a limit... did they mean six fish in 20 minutes? That would be impressive!

David
1989 SR 17
2012 F115
2012 T9.9

polarbill1999

They said 3 fish in 20 minutes then spent an hour to find their last keeper for a limit.  They didn't give details.

Today someone posted a Pic with 4 fish they caught at meadow point.  Not much else in the way of details but someone on the post said they got a limit as well so seems like they are starting to bite or Show up in Ma10. 
Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke