News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

1991 Arima Sea Chaser 1511 Electrical panel

Started by Colonel1137, May 31, 2020, 07:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel1137

Good Day
    I have a 1991 Sea Chaser 1511 and am going to install a new bilge pump and float switch.
Unfortunately I m in Canada and due to the current border closure I can t get to my boat in Birch Bay Washington.
I m looking to replace the gang switch panel at the same time. Can anyone advise the size of the actual panel or any tips as
to installing a new one and which one you may have installed. Also is it a 6 or 5 switch panel.
Thanks in advance looking forward to putting her in the water.
Stay safe everyone
1991 Sea Chaser 1511 75 hp Mercury outboard

DevMah

Colonel

I added two more panels to my Arima, they were from Blue Seas. (3 and 4 switches )

https://www.bluesea.com/products/category/25/DC_Panels

They have Contura  and  Weatehetdeck panels , pick one with the number of switches you need.

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Danno

The switch panels vary by year so I don't think there's been a listing of which panels were used with each year and model. I have the same panel as DevMah which makes sense because our Arimas are both 2015's. I like it except I recommend the newer switches with LED Lights to let you know they're turned on. It's hard to miss those bright lights.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

AJFishin

I'm guessing you're boat might have the same switch panel as I did, to the right of the wheel? I didn't like it there, the wheel was to much in the way.

I first updated that old panel with some round LED rocker switches, but quickly didn't like it.  I first looked into a 6 panel but for me it seemed to long and didn't fit in with what I wanted, so I installed what the newer Arima's have, like Dev's and Danno's.

I covered up the old hole with ABS plastic and added a fuel gauge and added the horn button there. I moved the panel to new location on the side and added an aux switch to the left of the wheel.

'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

GregE

Colonel,  what a pain not being able to get your boat.  Hope things open up soon.

Nice install AJ and Dev!
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Colonel1137

Thanks for the info. AJ I like the install you have done. I m interested in getting a fuel gauge installed as well.
You have done a nice job . Interested on how hard it was to install a fuel gauge and what gauge you put in.
Cheers all. Hope borders can open soon as I have some work ahead of me ,
1991 Sea Chaser 1511 75 hp Mercury outboard

AJFishin

Quote from: Colonel1137 on June 01, 2020, 10:24:28 PM
Thanks for the info. AJ I like the install you have done. I m interested in getting a fuel gauge installed as well.
You have done a nice job . Interested on how hard it was to install a fuel gauge and what gauge you put in.
Cheers all. Hope borders can open soon as I have some work ahead of me ,
Thanks.
I remember it wasn't hard to do, below is a wire diagram I used.

The gauge is a Sierra 68365E 2' Arctic Fuel Gauge that I really like and it's easy to see at night with the orange glow.
Fuel sending unit is a Moeller Marine, Fuel Tank Sending Unit.

The gauge works well and the needle barely bounces, so it's nice to see how much fuel I have in the tank when my bait tank is blocking my view.
I also have my gauge set to where there's about 5 gallons left in the tank before empty.

Hope this crap ends soon and the boarder can reopen.

'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Redhawk

:yeahthat:

This is the sender unit we bought and have loved. The needle bounces a bit when we go through chop but our sender is also way off-center of both the tank and the boat but once we plane is never bounces. One of the best buys we have made.

https://kus-usa.com/product/sss-ssl-sender/
Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1995 Mercury 60 2-stroke
1984 Evinrude 6 2-stroke

Svinny88

I used the original panel, but replaced the glass fuses with switches.  I now have more switches than items that need switches lol.  All switches are fused off a blue seas panel, which replaced the factory fuse panel.  I chose this route because it kept everything on one panel, which kept wiring as simple as possible. 
1998 15'11" sea explorer. 2020 Honda bf100
"T roLL on 1"

DevMah

Quote from: Danno on May 31, 2020, 08:32:31 PM
The switch panels vary by year so I don't think there's been a listing of which panels were used with each year and model. I have the same panel as DevMah which makes sense because our Arimas are both 2015's. I like it except I recommend the newer switches with LED Lights to let you know they're turned on. It's hard to miss those bright lights.

FYI

My all my panels do have the led lights.

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold